Status
Not open for further replies.

rochrist

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From a Q&A on the Pats yesterday:

2. When clowns like volin ask questions that will never get an answer or ask about something that’s been addressed 10 times does that frustrate you as a respectable journalist? Too often it feels these guys do it to build Twitter followers?

2. Yeah, they’re doing it for attention. I’m all for guys who aren’t very bright making asses of themselves.

When's the reply diss track?

Vollin’s Act is somewhat amusing to be honest. If you’re going to troll, at least make it somewhat funny.

Nothing Volin says at a press conference can top his article about unsuccessfully looking for Josh Gordon at gyms in Florida.

Volin main job these days is to report press releases as if it is news. Copy PFT reports the next day and report as if it is news. Make himself available to any podcast who will have him in an opponents city and represent himself as a Pats expert. (I happened to listen to one today from Pittsburgh, it was actually pretty good until Volin came on and embarrassed himself.) Ask questions a pressers that either everyone already knows the answer to, or one no one cares about.

The guy is such a clown that it disturbs me more than it rationally should. He offers nothing of value to any of his readers of the Globe, yet passes himself off as the "senior" reporter, when Chris Price and Nora Percanti do the hard work and offer much better content.

When he went to Miami to spend a week covering the Dolphins TC, for some MIND BOGGLING reason; he should have just stayed down there and not come back. He is a STAIN upon the Boston sports media. (am I being too wishy washy? )

When he went to Miami to spend a week covering the Dolphins TC, for some MIND BOGGLING reason; he should have just stayed down there and not come back. He is a STAIN upon the Boston sports media. (am I being too wishy washy? )

Yeah, I thought that was more than odd also.

There's DEFINITELY something going on with that. Let's hope it was a job interview down there. Keeping fingers crossed........

Volin main job these days is to report press releases as if it is news. Copy PFT reports the next day and report as if it is news. Make himself available to any podcast who will have him in an opponents city and represent himself as a Pats expert. (I happened to listen to one today from Pittsburgh, it was actually pretty good until Volin came on and embarrassed himself.) Ask questions a pressers that either everyone already knows the answer to, or one no one cares about.

The guy is such a clown that it disturbs me more than it rationally should. He offers nothing of value to any of his readers of the Globe, yet passes himself off as the "senior" reporter, when Chris Price and Nora Percanti do the hard work and offer much better content.

No, you summed it up perfectly.

Yeah, I thought that was more than odd also.

There's DEFINITELY something going on with that. Let's hope it was a job interview down there. Keeping fingers crossed........

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Globe snatching Chris Price from BSJ just before the start of the season (not very convenient for Bedard btw). Maybe Volin was involved in Price's recruitment.

2. Yeah, they’re doing it for attention. I’m all for guys who aren’t very bright making asses of themselves.

That, along with the money, certainly helps explain his decision to spend Tuesdays with Felger and Mazz.

I’m a little surprised Bedard would be so honest about it, figured there might be some kind of fraternity of journalists or something going on. Happy to see it though.

2-3 months ago their was another Boston sports reporter that spoke out against Volin as well. Don't remember who though.

I’m a little surprised Bedard would be so honest about it, figured there might be some kind of fraternity of journalists or something going on. Happy to see it though.
There used to be.

I hate you people. I hate all of you who promote and keeps these trolls in business. Everyone stop talking about them. Stop reading their content. Then they will die. Then we can truly be happy. Instead you think you're making fun of a troll but you're the ones keeping them in business and they know it, and they're really just laughing at you. Because you're the joke! That's right, YOU ARE A JOKE.

Stop being a ****ing joke already. Stop making these ****ing threads already! The real way to kill the troll!

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Globe snatching Chris Price from BSJ just before the start of the season (not very convenient for Bedard btw). Maybe Volin was involved in Price's recruitment.

Whoa - - I had not heard this!!! Had been in the Adirondacks camping last week. That would be great news!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Price is excellent.

I hate you people. I hate all of you who promote and keeps these trolls in business. Everyone stop talking about them. Stop reading their content. Then they will die. Then we can truly be happy. Instead you think you're making fun of a troll but you're the ones keeping them in business and they know it, and they're really just laughing at you. Because you're the joke! That's right, YOU ARE A JOKE.

Stop being a ****ing joke already. Stop making these ****ing threads already! The real way to kill the troll!

Hatred is a self-destructive emotion, young man.

2-3 months ago their was another Boston sports reporter that spoke out against Volin as well. Don't remember who though.

I think it was Howe, perhaps. Pretty sure.

And ignorance is bliss. FML!:(

No. Ignorance is not good. Never be afraid to look at the underside of the rock. It exists. No need to pretend it doesn't.

The MCI is on his way out of town on his short bus.

No. Ignorance is not good. Never be afraid to look at the underside of the rock. It exists. No need to pretend it doesn't.

The MCI is on his way out of town on his short bus.

He ain't on his way out. Does my message not get thru to anyone!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey