PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amusing bit from Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa - - I had not heard this!!! Had been in the Adirondacks camping last week. That would be great news!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Price is excellent.
....and you can read his work now at Boston.com or buy a Globe

....and you can read his work now at Boston.com or buy a Globe

I may start doing that - - - once the MCI and Shank depart. Until then, not one red penny.

I hate you people. I hate all of you who promote and keeps these trolls in business. Everyone stop talking about them. Stop reading their content. Then they will die. Then we can truly be happy. Instead you think you're making fun of a troll but you're the ones keeping them in business and they know it, and they're really just laughing at you. Because you're the joke! That's right, YOU ARE A JOKE.

Stop being a ****ing joke already. Stop making these ****ing threads already! The real way to kill the troll!

I don't like Volin either....but are you joking?

I don't like Volin either....but are you joking?
I don't hate the people falling for this ****. I just wish they would get their heads out of their asses. This ignorance is bliss **** is tiring. Step back into reality, god damn it!

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Globe snatching Chris Price from BSJ just before the start of the season (not very convenient for Bedard btw). Maybe Volin was involved in Price's recruitment.
To my knowledge, that's not quite how that went. The job with the Globe came about well after, so I don't believe the two were related. But I agree - Chris is terrific and I couldn't have been more excited to see him land there. A significant upgrade for them IMO.

From a Q&A on the Pats yesterday:

2. When clowns like volin ask questions that will never get an answer or ask about something that’s been addressed 10 times does that frustrate you as a respectable journalist? Too often it feels these guys do it to build Twitter followers?

2. Yeah, they’re doing it for attention. I’m all for guys who aren’t very bright making asses of themselves.
That's not the first time he did that when it comes to Volin, I remember he made a previous comment along those lines regarding him in one a couple of months ago that might have even been a little more scathing if I recall. Definitely feels like there's little love lost there between the two. :cool:

Regarding Bedard's previous mention of Volin, I found this that I posted a few months ago:

'As for whether or not Caserio is upset or “wants out”, that was the other discussion which raged on last week, sparked largely by The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin, who put together an article that many took as a report rather than an opinion piece. Volin then made it worse by not clarifying that part of things after the story got picked up nationally, telling Houston reporters it was his opinion and then later telling WEEI it was a report, muddying the waters for those who wondered if there was anything factual about it.

That created a mess and Bedard was one who surprisingly took Volin to task in his latest Q&A. Bedard didn’t mince words when it came to his opinion on the matter, saying, “Look at the ‘writer’ and his track record,” wrote Bedard when asked about Volin’s report and how it was handled. “There are people who know what they’re doing, and those who don’t and try to look like they do.”'

Source Link to the Q&A: Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots and anything else | Boston Sports Journal

Jim McBride, Chad Finn and Nora Princiotti represent a really nice contrast to their Globe colleagues Volin, Shaughnessy and Gasper. It's been reported that the latter 3 really don't like the objective and fair approach toward the Pats that the former 3 exhibit with regularity. As others have mentioned here and elsewhere, Volin's idiotic gaffes have been spectacular. But, to me, none can compare to his reference to Bob Kraft as the owner and CEO of Kraft Foods. Mac'n Cheese for evryone...

Reactions: Ian
Regarding Bedard's previous mention of Volin, I found this that I posted a few months ago:

'As for whether or not Caserio is upset or “wants out”, that was the other discussion which raged on last week, sparked largely by The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin, who put together an article that many took as a report rather than an opinion piece. Volin then made it worse by not clarifying that part of things after the story got picked up nationally, telling Houston reporters it was his opinion and then later telling WEEI it was a report, muddying the waters for those who wondered if there was anything factual about it.

That created a mess and Bedard was one who surprisingly took Volin to task in his latest Q&A. Bedard didn’t mince words when it came to his opinion on the matter, saying, “Look at the ‘writer’ and his track record,” wrote Bedard when asked about Volin’s report and how it was handled. “There are people who know what they’re doing, and those who don’t and try to look like they do.”'

Source Link to the Q&A: Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots and anything else | Boston Sports Journal

Thanks for reminding about that. I remember thinking at the time that Volin was confusing basic journalism tenets on the difference between reportage and opinion. It's not a subjective difference. It is a black and white, clear objective difference. He was either being too cute/disingenuous or he truly is that shockingly ignorant of his own field of work. My money is on the latter.

But, to me, none can compare to his reference to Bob Kraft as the owner and CEO of Kraft Foods. Mac'n Cheese for evryone...

Kind of O/T, but this should pique Volin's interest. Heinz Ketchup/Kraft Foods are pulling the naming rights for the Steeler's stadium next year. There has to be a nefarious angle for his inquisitive little mind to follow in there somewhere.

From a Q&A on the Pats yesterday:

2. When clowns like volin ask questions that will never get an answer or ask about something that’s been addressed 10 times does that frustrate you as a respectable journalist? Too often it feels these guys do it to build Twitter followers?

2. Yeah, they’re doing it for attention. I’m all for guys who aren’t very bright making asses of themselves.

Someone should send that to Volin just so we can all get a good laugh as his head explodes..

Whoa - - I had not heard this!!! Had been in the Adirondacks camping last week. That would be great news!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Price is excellent.

Price is excellent.. Him being associated with Ben Volin is a stench that would be hard to remove so i hope it's not true..

Kind of O/T, but this should pique Volin's interest. Heinz Ketchup/Kraft Foods are pulling the naming rights for the Steeler's stadium next year. There has to be a nefarious angle for his inquisitive little mind to follow in there somewhere.
The operative word there being "little"...

Someone should send that to Volin just so we can all get a good laugh as his head explodes..

MCI probably thinks Heinz Field is named after Hines Ward.

2-3 months ago their was another Boston sports reporter that spoke out against Volin as well. Don't remember who though.
Probably Bedard. He doesn't have a lot of use for Volin.

I hate you people. I hate all of you who promote and keeps these trolls in business. Everyone stop talking about them. Stop reading their content. Then they will die. Then we can truly be happy. Instead you think you're making fun of a troll but you're the ones keeping them in business and they know it, and they're really just laughing at you. Because you're the joke! That's right, YOU ARE A JOKE.

Stop being a ****ing joke already. Stop making these ****ing threads already! The real way to kill the troll!
Um....this didn't direct a single eyeball to Volin. And if you're including Bedard in the same gang, well, you're an idiot.

Um....this didn't direct a single eyeball to Volin. And if you're including Bedard in the same gang, well, you're an idiot.
That's because you don't get how human beings work! But yeah you keep thinking you're not aiding the trolls cause. Ignorance is bliss. I get it!

I agree with the sentiment but it's really not nearly as serious as this post would seem to indicate. Hope you're OK my dude because Volin and the idiot brigade ain't worth the personal anguish you seem to be experiencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents