PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola facing yet another pay cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine w 2M$. Might be expensive for "what he'll give in the regular season", but as clutch as he is/can be/has been in the playoffs...

I hope they bring him back (at a reduced salary) not only is he a clutch WR, he also provides "Edelman Insurance" in case Jules misses a game or two

Must be noted. Yea he's not durable, but for a guy that's 5'10 he has some of the best hands I ever seen.

Along with Gronk, best hands on the team. And that's saying something. Gronk is 6'6 with micky mouse hands. Lol

He's always available when it counts, though.

Will that money go to Malcolm Butler? Or are they just going to keep stiffing him and making him play out his measly contract?

A receiving group of Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Floyd and Amendola is in my eyes the best and deepest group in the NFL...

And that's not even including Gronkowski. I hope they keep all players.
It is actually pretty stunning how great, clutch, and deep that whole group is especially when Gronk is back in the mix. Floyd is the only unknown, but his upside has to be huge.

He has made some of the biggest catches on the biggest stage.

589a5b57827aef5556000001.jpeg
4 years with the Pats.. 2 SB championships, and 2 other AFCCG appearances. Decent time he has had so far.

Will that money go to Malcolm Butler? Or are they just going to keep stiffing him and making him play out his measly contract?
Butler will be expected to play under the 1st round tender amount (about 4 mil)
unless some team like Oakland offers more like PATSYLICIOUS suggests.

Just realized aside from the 2 pt conversion, td, and multiple key catches on the last 2 td drives, he also caught that 4th and 3 shortly after atl went up 28-3. Without that, game most likely over. Gotta find a way to keep this guy.

He also keeps je off punt return duty - anyhow id say da has been a better returner last 2 years.
He is an awesome Patriot! I think he and JE should do more of their little featurettes and start doing some commercials together so they build a market for themselves and can make extra money that way. No way I want to lose Danny, no way.

What is fair? I would say 1.5 mill
This is barely above the vet minimum, which is $900K. He could get $3m per on the open market from 31 other teams.

I think they'll be fair and it will work out... Danny knows he is not as good as he used to be but still has a lot of value here. Can't imagine him getting paid more than $3m a year anywhere else - and then he'd have to go there and learn their system with no certainties he will make their roster. He's nearly a lock here. I think it would be nice if they could get him signed for this year and next year at around $2-3m per year. He has absolutely incredible hands, he's very clutch, knows the system like the back of his hand, has chemistry with Brady, keeps JE off of punt return duty much of the time, and can be a replacement for JE to a degree in a pinch.
And most of the NFL sucks *** too, does he really want any of that?

4 years with the Pats.. 2 SB championships, and 2 other AFCCG appearances. Decent time he has had so far.
This is what the Pats have going for them in their negotiations. Amendola likes
playing with Tom Brady and winning.

With Mitchell emerging, I think Dola is going to have a hard time getting reps, he's turning 32 this upcoming season, and his value to the team is probably close to what you wrote.

But considering his salary cap hit is $1,416,668 even if we cut him, I don't think him taking $1.5M would make sense for him.

Let's say he signs for $1.5M, goes into training camp, then gets cut near the end (say he gets beat out by Floyd). At that stage, you've got an older, injury-riddled WR trying to hook onto a team after rosters are more or less set.

If he doesn't renegotiate and gets cut early, he at least has a chance to hook on with a team and go through the entire training camp to increase his odds. So to stay with the Patriots, I think he'd need more than an extra $100K.

He made just under $2.9M last year. If BB wants him back, I could see them offering something like $2.5M, perhaps adding enough guaranteed money to make the whole thing guaranteed. An extra $1M would give Dola some incentive to do it, while giving some very good protection for a very reasonable cost.

Everything you say is exactly right, but I'd be flabberghasted if Amendola hit the FA market and had no takers, even if the Pats couldn't fit him on their roster. The guy is clutch cash money and a good chemistry guy. Any team with a young QB should be sniffing the tires if Amendola was available, even if he couldn't play much on the field, he's a guy you want around so that his attitude rubs off on the rest of the offense.

Was clearly on a snap count the whole season until the SB. Not sure if it was the ankle. I have liked the guy from the beginning, but hard seeing him get more than 1.5 million a year.

The Pats do limit his snaps. He is far more valuable to us than most any other team. It is not 4 years ago - there is not a pile of money out there for DA. Besides, I think DA likes getting those really big rings.

This is what the Pats have going for them in their negotiations. Amendola likes
playing with Tom Brady and winning.
yes. I hope Bennett feels the same way. 1 season 1 ring so far. I hope he wants more.

With Mitchell emerging, I think Dola is going to have a hard time getting reps, he's turning 32 this upcoming season, and his value to the team is probably close to what you wrote.

But considering his salary cap hit is $1,416,668 even if we cut him, I don't think him taking $1.5M would make sense for him.

Let's say he signs for $1.5M, goes into training camp, then gets cut near the end (say he gets beat out by Floyd). At that stage, you've got an older, injury-riddled WR trying to hook onto a team after rosters are more or less set.

If he doesn't renegotiate and gets cut early, he at least has a chance to hook on with a team and go through the entire training camp to increase his odds. So to stay with the Patriots, I think he'd need more than an extra $100K.

He made just under $2.9M last year. If BB wants him back, I could see them offering something like $2.5M, perhaps adding enough guaranteed money to make the whole thing guaranteed. An extra $1M would give Dola some incentive to do it, while giving some very good protection for a very reasonable cost.
The cap hit is sunk money. It has nothing to do with the 2017 salary.
Based on your logic a higher salary would make him more likely to be cut at the final cutdown based upon staying under the cap.

More than that. I'd say $3 million, which would be a 50-percent cut from what he got last year.
Last year amendola made 1.25 mill plus a 250k roster bonus.
3 mill would double his pay.

Amendola will not get $3 mil from the Pats next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back