PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola facing yet another pay cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone posted it but guardi said danny is willing to take a paycut to stay with the pats.

I think he knows he wont get much on the open market and loves it here

I think DA would draw the line if the offer was a year's supply of pizza and a box of canolis, but he knows the score and decided a couple of years ago what was more important to him. Both sides are getting what they want. DA knows that every restructure will be followed by another if he wants to stay. I'd like to think in 20 years he will look back and feel he made the right decision.

He has earned his money, I don't like that they ask him to take pay cuts year after year just because his contract was a bit overpaid.

I hope they just manipulate the money to get some refresh now and pay him down the road.
well his 2017 salary is 6 mill.
He is value is about 1/4 of that.
Wr4 with 23 catches cannot be paid 6 mill

Not sure if anyone posted it but guardi said danny is willing to take a paycut to stay with the pats.

I think he knows he wont get much on the open market and loves it here
Being willing to take a pay cut is irrelevant.
His contract is 6 mill.
He is getting a pay cut whether he agrees or not because if not he will be cut.

Being willing to take a pay cut is irrelevant.
His contract is 6 mill.
He is getting a pay cut whether he agrees or not because if not he will be cut.

Well yes, he also knows that he isnt getting more $$ from any other team either. He is injury prone, 31 and only had 23 catches last year.

Its in both his and the teams best interest to stay together. Not many teams can say that their 4th wr can come up big in two superbowls. Almost every catch he makes is in a big spot

well his 2017 salary is 6 mill.
He is value is about 1/4 of that.
Wr4 with 23 catches cannot be paid 6 mill
Having someone who has familiarity with both Brady and our system in general is big, not to mention the fact that he still offers something as an emergency option should Edelman get injured.

I know this may sound odd for someone who only caught 23 balls this year, but I think he's worth more to us here than somewhere else. I'm fully on board with retaining Danny Amendola for another season, and I'd go as high as 2.5 to 3m dollars to do so. I realize that's a bit higher than you.

Having someone who has familiarity with both Brady and our system in general is big, not to mention the fact that he still offers something as an emergency option should Edelman get injured.

I know this may sound odd for someone who only caught 23 balls this year, but I think he's worth more to us here than somewhere else. I'm fully on board with retaining Danny Amendola for another season, and I'd go as high as 2.5 to 3m dollars to do so. I realize that's a bit higher than you.

Right on the money. Amendola, like Kevin Faulk, is far more valuable than his stat line.

Caught 60+ balls, paid $1.5 mil. Caught 23 balls, year older - paid $3 mil. Not happening.

Why is that new and why would it make him worth more than he was a year ago?
He and the team agreed last year he was worth 1.5. I don't understand what would cause him to come back and say I need 67% more now.

Why is that new and why would it make him worth more than he was a year ago?
He and the team agreed last year he was worth 1.5. I don't understand what would cause him to come back and say I need 67% more now.
I think coming up big in yet another postseason game may help him a bit. Did he take a 75 percent pay cut last year like you're suggesting? I honestly can't remember. I know it was substantial, though.

Also, if we're projecting Amendola (a proven commodity) to only make 1.5m dollars as our WR4, then basically Floyd signs something similar or he's gone. I'm baffled at some of the 5m dollar projections I am seeing for him.

I think coming up big in yet another postseason game may help him a bit. Did he take a 75 percent pay cut last year like you're suggesting? I honestly can't remember. I know it was substantial, though.

Also, if we're projecting Amendola (a proven commodity) to only make 1.5m dollars as our WR4, then basically Floyd signs something similar or he's gone. I'm baffled at some of the 5m dollar projections I am seeing for him.
Amendola played for 1.5 last year. Regardless of what the contract said (it was 5) the point isn't how much it was cut but what the team was willing to pay him and what he was willing to accept.
That was after a better season than he just had.
After contributing more to the 2014 championship he took a pay cut to 1.25 mill and a 500k signing bonus plus NLTBE bonuses.

Look I get everyone like Danny but he is not at a stage where his value is increasing.

Floyd isn't getting 5 mill but it would also be wrong to think he projects at WR5 if he comes back.

Floyd isn't getting 5 mill but it would also be wrong to think he projects at WR5 if he comes back.
It may be wrong since we don't have designations that are as clear cut as other teams, but Floyd would obviously still have to beat out his competition, so it's certainly possible that he may not even make the team anyway. That said, we can still get a good idea of the depth chart, and no matter how you want to state it, Floyd would still be on the outside looking in.

Edelman, Hogan, and Mitchell aren't losing many reps; particularly Mitchell who continues to progress and further his rapport with Brady. That leaves Amendola, whose role and pay are about as limited as one can be for WRs not named Matthew Slater. This is all without including our top offensive weapon in Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back