PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Almost Half Rebuilt

Pretty close. If everyone who opted out played and contributed, were they a 9 win team? With what was added thus far, do they pick up 2 more wins? Yes, I know Cam sucks. I am of the opinion that Smith, Henry, Aghalor and Bourne upgrade this offense dramatically. Add Godchaux and Henry stuffing the run and Judon setting the edge and pass rushing and they are much improved on that side of the ball. ST are already good.

I think you've picked up at least 3 wins, and now you're in the hunt. Still a long way to go to compete with KC and TB in January and February, but they've turned the corner.
They are probably now good enough not to get the tar kicked out of them by the Bills at home so that’s an improvement over 4 months ago. Would not go much further than that - not yet.

They are probably now good enough not to get the tar kicked out of them by the Bills at home so that’s an improvement over 4 months ago. Would not go much further than that - not yet.
I don't think the Bills are all that and a bag of chips. I get that they have to be beaten to win the AFC East, and they are pretty good. I think that threshold is much lower than playing in the AFCCG or the SB. Much lower.

Other half incoming

After day 2, 10 new starters. C and QB remaining starters to add.
Draft and rest of FA likely to replace half of the depth too.

Defensively we added 2 new DTs a new OLB/DE a DB and a LB (Hightower). 5 new starters.
Offensively we added WR WR TE OT 4 new starters
A few more to go and then a whole bunch of depth upgrades with the rest of free agency and late round picks. Draft the QB.
just nitpicking
is a dime back a starter?

After day 2, 10 new starters. C and QB remaining starters to add.
Draft and rest of FA likely to replace half of the depth too.
We have already brought back some depth (7)
DL Wise
DT Davis
ST Bethel (actually, I would call him a starter)
S Chung
FB Vitale
WR Lee
RB Bolden

Would have loved to have Thuney back, but overall as a Pat fan, I am thrilled about today!! Hoping to now sign Andrews and Jackson.
Thuney got the big bucks to play for a team the pats hate, sad day

Good post Patsy, I think you covered the main areas of QB and C and even brought up the potentia cb position.

WR is a tough call as you said...with Agholor, Bourne, Edleman, Meyers, Harry I guess a true number 1 would be nice, but this group is a lot better than it was last year and I have a feeling we'll be adding at least one player via the draft. Adding Smith at TE also is huge.

harriet will be traded soon. Colosal bust

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back