PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All quiet on Hightower front or Dont'a-do-it FA tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he would just re-sign and call it a day. This is stupid. He fits our system best and he can get paid while winning rings.

Keuchly is well paid, if the Patriots offer Hightower that it will get done. And while corners make more it still has to smart when you were integral to Super Bowl wins the past three seasons. The Patriots can wrap this up any time they just have to budge a little.

It all depends on the guaranteed money in the end. We will see. I hope he comes back and helps us. If not good luck. This team will find a way to replace him.

Maybe but Pats gave him an offer that was his market value, he disagreed and thought he was worth/wanted more and now it seems like the Pats were pretty much on the mark.

But if he's butt hurt about Gilmore then his agent needs to explain to him how nfl contracts go. CBs get paid. I mean Tennessee just told him Logan Ryan was worth more than him. Gave him a $10m per year deal, they reportedly wouldn't do $10m per for Hightower.

I don't think you are far off on what has taken place but that doesn't change my view that he has every right to take his time deciding where he's signing.

Bill isn't gonna wait around for HT to decide wtf he wants to do. It's becoming more and more obvious he prefers to play elsewhere. If he's still playing games the next 48 hours then **** em

Bill isn't gonna wait around for HT to decide wtf he wants to do. It's becoming more and more obvious he prefers to play elsewhere. If he's still playing games the next 48 hours then **** em

Patience is a good thing. HT is just trying to maximize his 1 chance at the biggest contract he will ever get. Can't blame him.

I want HT back even he waits until April. He won't though the decision will be made by the end of the week most likely.

Guys relax, he's trying to get more money, if there was a deal that would blow him away, he would've already taken, so he'll take his time.

In any case, we should look into plan B, possibly trade our 3rd or 4th for a linebacker.

This is an excellent point that has not been highlighted as much as it should.

While I'm not sure he wants to truly leave, the longer this goes, the more negotiating leverage the Patriots gain. Because of that, his ego might prevent him from wanting to return (which would be stupid).

Other LBs....the draft....less teams interested....other teams interested that suck ( see Jets) with less money.

The NEP are playing this perfectly. Let High continue to develop his market.

If he leaves for $5m more in bonus so be it

If he leaves for $500k more in bonus he can say he wasn't respected.

If he leaves for $500k less he didn't want to be here in the first place or his ego wouldn't let him.

Visiting your rival team on your 4th day of FA as a top level free agent is a tool move.
winner. obvious that we aren't his first choice. BB won't put up with this **** much longer unless he told hightower to do this stuff

I will lose all respect of he chooses that garbage team for 2-3 million a year more. have fun winning 4 games a year
I hate the jets too, but 2 to 3 million per year?? You're talking about 10 to 15 million dollars over the contract... That is a ton of money...

Little bastards are driving the price up.

Spending your birthday with woody Johnson...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back