PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask what you do for a living?

not that its relevant because I never swore to uphold anything, I design hardware and software for semiconductor manufacturers to characterize and test for both production of electronics, and for accelerated life-span characteristics for new semiconductor technologies.

I've got advanced degrees in both Electrical Engineering and Physics. Feel free to tell me how I can do my job better. I promise to not laugh at you.

I've had my own personal tussles with cops during my formative years......it is fair to say that a cop abusing his position is something the majority of cops have done.......at least at the municipal level......

Don't forget lawyers egos get in the way. I had a brass knuckles case and the Pros. and defense got into a serious argument over brass knuckles and it was beyond stupid, but hey it was all about ego and not the case. All I kept hearing "well lets got to trail" "Ok lets do that". Over brass knuckles, pretty stupid!

******* lawyers

that so rarely happens with cops

I've had my own personal tussles with cops during my formative years......it is fair to say that a cop abusing his position is something the majority of cops have done.......at least at the municipal level......

Wait a second. There was no flag on the play. The cop did not lead with the crown of his helmet and wrapped Dennard up in a clean, legal tackle. From the cell phone video, Dennard didn't get a single yard after the catch.

not that its relevant because I never swore to uphold anything, I design hardware and software for semiconductor manufacturers to characterize and test for both production of electronics, and for accelerated life-span characteristics for new semiconductor technologies.

I've got advanced degrees in both Electrical Engineering and Physics. Feel free to tell me how I can do my job better. I promise to not laugh at you.

:rofl:

burn

It also should be noted that the arresting officer was indeed in uniform, which many here (including myself) have not been aware of. Some here have claimed that he was a bouncer who was off-duty at the time. That certainly does not seem to be the case from these accounts:

"At the time, Kopsa was a uniformed member of a four-officer bicycle team that helped patrol the 2 a.m. bar closing scene, when hundreds of mostly college-age people swarm out of at least a dozen bars within a two-block area of downtown Lincoln. It’s an often unruly scene, he said."

"When an officer tells you to put your hands behind your back, what do you do? You put your hands behind your back,” he told Dennard. “You see I’m wearing a uniform, I’ve got the badge. You know I’m not going to hurt you. We’ve got to get things sorted out.”

Except that Kopsa admitted he came up from behind Dennard so there was no way for Dennard, at first, to know who it that was grabbing him from behind.

Trying to stay away from the personal stuff.

I do find it interesting that there was a video of this incident and the reporter I read descibed the scene on the video as "chaos".

"A 17-second cellphone video caught the chaos of what happened at bar break April 21 in the middle of 14th Street near O Street. But whether jurors could make out former Husker and current New England Patriots player Alfonzo Dennard throwing a punch at a Lincoln police officer remained unclear to those watching from the gallery Tuesday."​

Officer says former Husker punched him in the face : News-crime

I agree with your comment in an earlier post that the officer's testimony seemed strong. But, if the video contradicts the officers testimony, a good lawyer should be able to use that to plant a few seeds of reasonable doubt in a closing.

I take no issue with this and thank you for your objectivity. The reason why I jumped in this thread was because some thought that the cop telling the truth was not within the realm of possibility. None of us were there and my point was that you can't condemn the cop's actions with one breath while justifying Dennard's conduct. Some here will automatically equate the video being unclear to mean that it did (or did not) happen by default.

Admittedly I was annoyed at someone crtiquing police handcuffing as if they were a tactical and patrol procedure expert.

I take no issue with this and thank you for your objectivity. The reason why I jumped in this thread was because some thought that the cop telling the truth was not within the realm of possibility. None of us were there and my point was that you can't condemn the cop's actions with one breath while justifying Dennard's conduct. Some here will automatically equate the video being unclear to mean that it did (or did not) happen by default..

no....you jumped in because some though that the cop NOT telling the truth was within the realm of possibility.....

Admittedly I was annoyed at someone crtiquing police handcuffing as if they were a tactical and patrol procedure expert.

LOL.......how'd it work out for the cop? his handcuffing needs critiquing......

Trying to stay away from the personal stuff.

I do find it interesting that there was a video of this incident and the reporter I read descibed the scene on the video as "chaos".

"A 17-second cellphone video caught the chaos of what happened at bar break April 21 in the middle of 14th Street near O Street. But whether jurors could make out former Husker and current New England Patriots player Alfonzo Dennard throwing a punch at a Lincoln police officer remained unclear to those watching from the gallery Tuesday."​

Officer says former Husker punched him in the face : News-crime

I agree with your comment in an earlier post that the officer's testimony seemed strong. But, if the video contradicts the officers testimony, a good lawyer should be able to use that to plant a few seeds of reasonable doubt in a closing.

What I find interesting is that in all the reports about the video, none of them mention being able to hear the officer. If they couldn't hear the officer on the video, the jury may believe that Dennard might not have heard the officer announce himself. In fact, what I find interesting is the officer's statement of Dennard saying "I'm good. I'm good. I'm on my way home." Having been in a situation where I've had someone run into me while crossing a street in a group of people and not wanting to get into anything, I could easily see Dennard saying that to the person with whom he had the collision with. As a way to prevent a dust up.

Personally, the fact that the "officer" recognized Dennard as a former Nebraska player and as someone who was about to go through the NFL Draft contradicts with the idea that he had no reason to target Dennard. Knowing that someone is potentially about to get a big payday IS a reason to target them..

Also, the video provides certain facts that we don't know. How light/dark it was at the crosswalk where the incident occurred. How loud it was. If there were no street lights at the crosswalk, it would take away from the idea that the officer could "SEE" Dennard drop his shoulder and push through a guy from 70 ft away. On the flip side, if it was really bright, then it would work against Dennard and support the idea that the officer COULD have seen Dennard drop his shoulder and push through a guy.

THANK YOU for confirming your hypocrisy. Adimittedly I can't make a similar promise because I had a good chuckle reading your internet impersonation of a police expert.

That says it all. I'm sure you were 100% blameless in those aforementioned tussles. It was always the police's fault as you were en route to bible study. As far as your abuse observation I will once again defer to your pretend expertise. It's fun to pretend.

THANK YOU for confirming your hypocrisy. Adimittedly I can't make a similar promise because I had a good chuckle reading your internet impersonation of a police expert.

That says it all. I'm sure you were 100% blameless in those aforementioned tussles. It was always the police's fault as you were en route to bible study. As far as your abuse observation I will once again defer to your pretend expertise. It's fun to pretend.

Have you ever stopped to think that given your views of the public and difficulties with your job that maybe you should find a different profession?

As one of the Patsfans board cops, duly appointed and sworn by Ian, I could pull over and ban 4, maybe 5, members from this thread.

But because today is Valentine's Day and I have nothing but love in my heart, I will only give this warning, for now:

STOP THE NAME CALLING AND PERSONAL ATTACKS.

Thank you all very much.

what hypocrisy? who said I was a police expert?

I can tell you the situation is a hell of a lot easier to understand than you make it out to be.......I've got years of self defense, both theoretical and practical.....there's no rocket science to dropping someone whether you injure them or not. but knowledge of such abilities are only something the cops are capable of realizing?

nope......drunk at both of 'em....both were HS parties a long long time ago......cop tried pulling me down trying to get away at a party....I grabbed someone else to hold on....cop pulled all 3 of us down and I wound up sitting on a cops chest and he tore my tshirt off trying to keep me from getting away. good thing I had another one in my car....the whole thing was not necessary since we were all leaving anyway.

the other one earned me some lumps on my head courtesy of a flashlight......never saw a courtroom though.......justice was instant......I probably deserved it, but I don't think due process was involved

you're just pissed because you know there's some accuracy to the notion of cops abusing their positions and just don't like it......maybe you're just as bad....I figure a person is more sensitive when a little guilt is thrown in

you're just pissed because you know there's some accuracy to the notion of cops abusing their positions and just don't like it......maybe you're just as bad....I figure a person is more sensitive when a little guilt is thrown in

If that doesn't get you banned, what does?

Stop posting on internet message boards and get back to work.

Some people on this board become hardcore civil rights activists when a Pats player is involved. ;)

Stop posting on internet message boards and get back to work.

accelerated life-span work has its gaps of interactivity....sometimes I have time, sometimes I don't

Some people on this board become hardcore civil rights activists when a Pats player is involved. ;)

not at all......

guilty parties walk all the time because of failure of cops to follow due process.

college bars letting out at 2am.....been there many times......kudos to the cops with the patience to let things take care of themselves as long as nobody is getting hurt.

I'm interested in the 5 minutes before the infamous punch.....there is some interesting coincidentals between the cop knowing who dennard was beforehand, him coming at dennard from behind.....what was dennard doing before that?

there's just alot of questions......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye