PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard begins jail sentence in Nebraska March 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is it looks as if there'll be no "Lindsay Lohan" type reprieve where a 30+ day sentence turns into 7 days because of "overcrowding".

I wouldnt necessarily say that. You never know after he gets 2 weeks in and is a 'model-prisoner'; (hopefully working out in the gym 8 hours a day); then they very well could quietly let him out the back door. They (judge-prosecutor) proved their point about whose in charge and he saw what the inside looks like; they dont have much point to holding him longer at that point.

Regardless; I'm just hoping that he successfully completes the time (whatever it ends up being 35, or less) and (will be happy to see the slate wiped clean by him) then he can just be another player on the roster and focus on football.

So does he actually have to stay in a jail cell or is being in Nebraska punishment enough? If he's in a jail cell does it help that he's in Nebraska? Like when he looks out his little jail cell window does he think to himself, "Meh, at least I'm not not missing out on anything."

I saw nothing in the local media that he was turning himself in to serve his jail sentence this week. I saw nothing in the media to suggest that he would actually serve jail time. I'm not shocked, but I also thought there was a good chance that the sentence would be converted to probation if he kept his nose clean.

If they hadn't picked up the wire service story from the Lincoln paper this afternoon, I wonder if the local media would even have reported it. They certainly don't have good sources on the team as this all must have been worked out well in advance.

This was printed in the Globe Sunday morning.

Patriots DB Alfonzo Dennard reports to jail - Sports - The Boston Globe

Regardless; I'm just hoping that he successfully completes the time (whatever it ends up being 35, or less) and (will be happy to see the slate wiped clean by him) then he can just be another player on the roster and focus on football.
He needs to keep his nose clean a lot longer than the next 35 days.

He's on a strict no-alcohol probation now for the next 2.5+ yrs. One even minor screwup and he's done according to the judge, and she sounded pretty serious.

Hopefully he learned his lesson and is ready to do so. He's a good CB2 option for us, and has a bright future ahead as long as he can keep on the right path.

You think Fonzie got the news about Revis and Browner?

images

Well, now he can claim to be a lockdown cornerback.

You think Fonzie got the news about Revis and Browner?

I thought before Browner that Dennard was potentially going to lose his starting job to Ryan this year. I think Dennard could be a trade bait at the trade deadline.

I like Dennard, but he had no guarantees as a starter. Ryan seemed to has matured late in the season. He is a candidate for a second year jump.

Now he just needs to stay out of trouble.

stay out of Kkkbraska = stay out of trouble

Was wondering how he added me to snapchat this morning. Makes sense now!

I thought before Browner that Dennard was potentially going to lose his starting job to Ryan this year. I think Dennard could be a trade bait at the trade deadline.

I like Dennard, but he had no guarantees as a starter. Ryan seemed to has matured late in the season. He is a candidate for a second year jump.
I think you are dead wrong here Rob. Dennard was an excellent #2 CB, who played way bigger than his size. Very physical with even much bigger WR's. I strongly think he will still be the outside CB along with Revis, while Browner will used as a match up diva on a week to week basis.

Remember when not playing press coverage Browner's skills become suspect. He's just not great in space. That's why he was available. That being said, if used properly (as I suspect he will be), he's a huge upgrade to our overall defense.

Bottom Line: Most of the time we are going to have 5 or more DB's on the field. I see Dennard is being one of them, and probably on the outside.

10 char........

Attachments

• timthumb.jpg
    timthumb.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 87
Alfonzo Dennard begins jail sentence in Nebraska

He served the 35 days get back to NE and put it in the past and focus on football, he is a good player I would like him to stay that way.

If i'm him right now I can't wait to get the hell out of Nebraska. Especially since the cops know the judge told him it was his last chance.

I hope he doesn't celebrate his release by having a couple of beers with the boys.

If i'm him right now I can't wait to get the hell out of Nebraska. Especially since the cops know the judge told him it was his last chance.

We need to get word to his girlfriend, who lives on the main stretch through Lincoln, Nebraska, where there are many college bars/student nightlife.

That is precisely why he keeps returning to the state, he has a love interest there.

I agree that Logan Ryan in obviously a candidate for a year 2 jump. That said, I'm not as sure as you are that it's written in stone that he's quite "there" just yet. He had a decent season for a rookie, so hopefully we can build on that. You can never have enough good pass defenders due to injury, etc. Never...not in this day and age. Hell, we may even look towards adding another CB in the later rounds of the draft if Belichick sees value there. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Do you honestly see anything more than about a 6th rounder at the moment in compensation anyway? Ellis Hobbs was in the same range talent-wise and was an excellent kick returner to boot, and all we got was a 5th. I'm not sure that we'd do any better than a 6th for Dennard right now, particularly with his legal trouble.

In the meantime, I'm also not sure how we could do any better value wise. He's on a cheap, rookie 7th round contract for 2 more seasons, knows our system very well, and has some talent. Who is actually going to come in and replace him with that same kind of value? That's the million dollar question that really can't be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3