PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard begins jail sentence in Nebraska March 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's going to be lots of confusion on this site now when we mention The Prisoner :mad:

And, of course, the pressing question now is whether or not he will have to serve a Roger Goodell suspension. I would guess 4 games would be going rate....

The jail time is for a crime committed before he was in the NFL, so there's a way out if Kraft has been able to negotiate a deal with the League, arguing that 35 days in jail should be enough. Given the Pats and the Boston sports media, I guess we probably won't know until opening day kickoff....

Gotta catch up on my watching Judge Judy at the gym so I can post stuff about his imprisonment

There's going to be lots of confusion on this site now when we mention The Prisoner :mad:

The Prisoner

aaron2.jpg

The Convict

tumblr_m3f1wadcUH1qguj8b.jpg

Hernadez's mind on my money tattoo on his stomach looks like it was done by a 4 year old with Lou Gehrig's disease.

Hernadez's mind on my money tattoo on his stomach looks like it was done by a 4 year old with Lou Gehrig's disease.

If Lloyd did that tat while both were buzzed, we now have a motive

Watch out for your cornhole bud.

Patriots? Alfonzo Dennard reports to jail, expected to serve 35 days | ProFootballTalk

Alfonzo Dennard began serving his jail sentence in Nebraska this morning. With time served and good behavior, he's expected out in 35 days.

So much for the crack Boston sports media who apparently whiffed on this story....

Who exactly "whiffed" on this story? We've all known for months that he was only going to serve between 35-38 days out of the 60 day sentence (the difference was that some forgot to include the 3 days of time already served).

It had been reported numerous times when he accepted the guilty plea to the probation violation. This is nothing even close to news. The Boston media correctly reported it then (aside from Ben Volin who made stuff up when he came here post-Spring initial case of 2013), and they correctly reported it now as well.

Not meaning the post to come off as douchey, perhaps you just missed the reports? Then again, perhaps I am not understanding your point, which is more likely ;)

Let's us all cross our fingers and hope this prisoner doesn't assault another when in jail

BB already named him his 2nd assistant behind Talib and asked Dennard to do some scouting in the Prison Football league.

Not meaning the post to come off as douchey, perhaps you just missed the reports? Then again, perhaps I am not understanding your point, which is more likely

I saw nothing in the local media that he was turning himself in to serve his jail sentence this week. I saw nothing in the media to suggest that he would actually serve jail time. I'm not shocked, but I also thought there was a good chance that the sentence would be converted to probation if he kept his nose clean.

If they hadn't picked up the wire service story from the Lincoln paper this afternoon, I wonder if the local media would even have reported it. They certainly don't have good sources on the team as this all must have been worked out well in advance.

I hear the Pats are shopping Mallet and Amendola around, making offers to different jails. Do you think we can give them to the prison in exchange for Dennard? Does DA have the durability to play the prison chef role in Nebraska? Is Mallet really ready to be a 60 day level prisoner? :p

But in all seriousness, at least Dennard will be available for TC. The guy still needs to avoid these kinds of misdemeanors though.

But in all seriousness, at least Dennard will be available for TC. The guy still needs to avoid these kinds of misdemeanors though.

all he needs to do is stay the hell out of Crackabraska...

I saw nothing in the local media that he was turning himself in to serve his jail sentence this week. I saw nothing in the media to suggest that he would actually serve jail time. I'm not shocked, but I also thought there was a good chance that the sentence would be converted to probation if he kept his nose clean.

If they hadn't picked up the wire service story from the Lincoln paper this afternoon, I wonder if the local media would even have reported it. They certainly don't have good sources on the team as this all must have been worked out well in advance.

It had been reported multiple times back when he choose to accept the guilty plea on the probation violation that his jail sentence went from 30 days to 60 days. I can't remember off the top of my head when that was, possibly sometime in Dec or early Jan. They did claim that he'd turn himself in sometime in late Feb/early March, they did not specify a specific date to the best of my knowledge though. They did have a pretty decent grasp of the time period, it just wasn't known what date it'd be at that time. It was well known that he'd have to do time and that it would be between the end of the season and the start of OTA's in mid-April. That was definitely reported and well known, yes. They also knew it'd be between 35-38 days (of the 60 day sentence) depending on what source you read and whether or not they remembered to count the 3 day period he'd already served.

To comment on your 2nd though--Dennard did have a good chance of not seeing jail time after the first offense with the assault charge. He did have a formal sentence of 30 days given to him, but his defense atty asked the judge last spring that "if he kept his nose clean, would you consider keeping the sentence suspended altogether?" The judge stated that she would certainly give it serious consideration, and that she would accept a petition for a new court date to make a final determination when the time came closer. In other words, he probably wouldn't have had to do any time and the sentence likely would have just remained suspended.

BUT....

He then went out and violated his probation with the DUI/refusing to submit to the test charge, and to be honest, he's somewhat lucky that he received the lenient sentence that he did. He only got an additional 30 days tacked on, and the option to come and serve it at the end of the season when he saw fit. Normally, one doesn't get that kind of option.

The judge stated at his violation of probation hearing that should he get any additional charges during his (now) 3 yrs of probation, he will revert back to facing the original prison sentence of 3-4 years that he was facing for the assault charge. She made sure that he understood by asking both he and his attorney if she made herself crystal clear, so if Dennard gets into one more minor scrape, he'll be done.

all he needs to do is stay the hell out of Crackabraska...

His girlfriend lives right in the heart of Lincoln, about a mile off the main stretch there where the majority of bars are that the college kids attend.

One would think that with the money he has, he'd be able to either move her or make some other kind of arrangement. I would bet anything that he'll be right back there at some point though, just trying to take it easier this time.

The plan was for him to serve the time in between the end of the season and the start of OTAs, which occur in the middle of April, so he'll be out way before training camp; actually he'll be out before Easter. The plan was for him to avoid missing ANY form of off season training with the team, so that's why they chose this time period to report.

In terms of him "avoiding these kinds of misdemeanors," that's a tremendous understatement. He now has a no-alcohol clause in his probation under any circumstances, and had an additional year of probation tacked on (along with more community service hours).

If he as much as spits on the sidewalk and is charged, he will almost certainly do his original sentence that he was staring at with the assault charge, since that is the case he would be violating (again). The judge made it quite a point a couple of months ago to make him and his attorney realize that this was his absolute last chance in the world, and she'd be the judge that he'd have to go in front of again should he get any kind of charge or offense. He really needs to keep his nose totally clear for the next 2.5+ yrs or he's screwed.

If anyone reading this thread is in contact with Alfonso Dennard, let him know he's appreciated for what he brings to the Patriots, to comply with the prison officials, to ignore any taunts, to remember that he's incredibly fortunate to have the opportunity he has, and to stay focused on getting back to Foxboro.

There are few things more powerful in a person's life than learning humility and finding redemption. Much good can come from this.

BUT....

He then went out and violated his probation with the DUI/refusing to submit to the test charge, and to be honest, he's somewhat lucky that he received the lenient sentence that he did. He only got an additional 30 days tacked on, and the option to come and serve it at the end of the season when he saw fit. Normally, one doesn't get that kind of option.

The judge stated at his violation of probation hearing that should he get any additional charges during his (now) 3 yrs of probation, he will revert back to facing the original prison sentence of 3-4 years that he was facing for the assault charge. She made sure that he understood by asking both he and his attorney if she made herself crystal clear, so if Dennard gets into one more minor scrape, he'll be done.

Bottom line is it looks as if there'll be no "Lindsay Lohan" type reprieve where a 30+ day sentence turns into 7 days because of "overcrowding".

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes