PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After 5 Weeks, Who Do You Like in the NFC?

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
49ers? Eagles? Saints? Packers? Who is the best in the NFC?

(Edited by Ian - moved from another thread to its own thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll take the Saints with Brees. NFC will be fun to watch down the stretch.

Whenever I see an all-NFC game on the boob tube I root for each team to beat up the other. I hate the NFC.

However, my order would be...
Packers (as much as I despise the way the media fawns over Rodgers, it looks like the Pack is back this year)
Eagles (After the way they manhandled us in the SB I have to think that they're dangerous)
Saints (Brees was already starting to look older before his injury)
49ers (too soon to call)

With a healthy Brees, NO is the best team in the nfc.
After that, not in order,GB,Philly and LA.
All those teams have some defense to go with good offenses.

SF
NO
GB

SF, NO, GB, Seattle, and Philly

San fran looks really good every time i see them. Just largely unproven.

I still feel like when all is said and done the rams or saints are representing the nfc, feel like gb, Philadelphia, and Seattle are gonna fizzle out and be lower seeds

Whenever I see an all-NFC game on the boob tube I root for each team to beat up the other. I hate the NFC.

However, my order would be...
Packers (as much as I despise the way the media fawns over Rodgers, it looks like the Pack is back this year)
Eagles (After the way their offense manhandled our D in the SB I have to think that they're dangerous)
Saints (Brees was already starting to look older before his injury)
49ers (too soon to call)

FTFY. Besides one play, albeit the play of the game, Brady shredded that defense. But this year I do think they are the favorites in the NFC. Top to bottom they have the best roster.

Saints: Not a believer in Brees anymore. He looked poor before his injury. Their back end is thrash.

Packers: Same old same old. Defense stinks.

49ers: Need to see what they do against top tier competiton.

Dallas: Nope. Not with that coach & QB.

Bears: Defense is great. They don't have the offense (QB specifically) to put up points.

Seattle: Believer in their coach & QB. I put them as a legit threat.

AFC:

Patriots (Need to fix their OL, WR core, and TE spot. Defense is elite. But need more offensively.

Chiefs: Opposite of Pats. Great O. Not a great D. They need Ramsey bad. And even then I'm not sure it's a top tier defense.

Ravens: Nope.

Browns: Nope.

That's it basically.

I could see any of six winning the NFC (Seattle, SF, LA, NO, Eagles, GB).

I picked the 9ers as my surprise team of the year and I've got to admit that watching them last night I found myself saying "Now why can't the Pats set up the run game like that (instead of pumelling it straight ahead between the tackles)?" The defense is loaded, Garoppolo and Breida are good enough and Shanahan is the real deal as a coach. But then the other teams are good too. Whoever comes through will be a worthy NFC champion.

49ers look to have good lines and a solid D in general. The 3 RBs appear capable and Kittles is a stud TE. Jimmy GQ is set up nicely to succeed. He may actually be their weakest link, all things considered.

Regards,
Chris

Guessing an NFCCG of Saints vs. Packers but that'll invariably change within 2 or 3 weeks. SF looks like the kind of team to get the 3 seed and lose their first playoff game on a fluke.

Who do I like? New Orleans, with no close second. They've got a great schedule from here to the rest of the season.

@Jags
@Bears
Cardinals
Falcons
@Bucs
Panthers
@Falcons
49ers
Colts
@Titans
@Panthers

They are set to be in position to have HFA until the Super Bowl.

Who's the best? That may depend on whether or not Philly and L.A. get their acts together.

Gotta be the Saints. Lost Brees and they are still 4-1 with an easy slate of games.

Packers
49ers
Saints

Russel Wilson is having a great season.

Russel Wilson is having a great season.

He has become their "Tom Brady" meaning he is carrying a mediocre cast
(Which has happened here a few times)

Last edited:
49ers

I'm liking the Saints more w/ Bridgewater than with Brees but their D still stinks.

Brees last 7.25 games (inc playoffs)

9Tds 7Ints
20.4ppg
89.8 Passer Rating.
250yds/gm

Cliff?

Saints
Packers
Seahawks
...everybody else

The clowns over at ESPN seem to think the saints are super bowl favorites not the pats.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back