PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG practice news: Patriots & Jaguars (edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing is, if he didn't deal Garropolo, he wouldn't have at least gotten the 2nd rd er back to break even.

They would have moved the goalposts if he let Jimmy walk, or worse, tagged him at 24 million, destroying the Pats cap position in 2018, risking the inability to trade him as other NFL teams ti and enjoy the newfound Pats cap hell.

This is on the heels of them mocking him after drafting JimmyG in the first place.

And, we know what they'd do if BB dealt Brady or walked from Brady at the end of this season, too.

Their fraudulent behaviors are disgusting.

can you imagine the fake cheating narrative from espn if the pats franchised jg and manuevered around the cap the way felcher and mazz profess.

Its gonna be hard for Jags to have clear minds on Sunday..

Butler got his sack and helped set up 2 other sacks with the initial interior pressure. Butler has been playing well lately when he comes in on pass rushing downs. He's often being held. I suppose it's borderline but one or two times, in his past few games, they should have definitely called a hold and didn't.

What is the deal with Fournette? Has he been practicing all week?

He’s too busy replacing his 50,000 dollar bumper.

I think Fournette is a full go. Haven’t heard any concerns and he seemed fine when he re-entered the game on Sunday.

He's was listed as limited on Wednesday and a full participant on Thursday.

can you imagine the fake cheating narrative from espn if the pats franchised jg and manuevered around the cap the way felcher and mazz profess.

It wouldn't have mattered what BB did. They would just move the goalposts and use whatever angle they could attempt to sell. THe best is both of them trying to sound amrt on these topics and being beyond clueless. They don't seem to quite get that BB is many steps of anything they're capable of thinking.

He's only personally embarrassed Felger and Mazz with his GM wizardry for over 15 years now, and they still don't get it.

I am convinced the NFC teams (Arizona, Chicago, Skins, NYGs, Saints) that should have been banging down the door for JimmyG last spring, simply are afraid to deal with BB, save for Payton and Saints. They were a darkhorse choice of mine anyway. But, add in SF as the other most obvious potential partner, and there SHOULD have been more demand for him, but there just wasn't. That's not BB's fault. The price was very reasonable. As it turns out SF got a good deal, but it is what it is. JimmyG helped push Tom, we save 3-4 mil against the cap from 2014-2016, and they won 2 SBs in the process, while getting a 2nd rder back that they used on JimmyG in the first place. It's nowhere as bad an ROI as they claim.

as expected.

Waddle LP is positive . at least for sidelines/part time in case they need him

EDIT: Gipson LP as well - the only questionable for Jags

A lot harder for a guy in the secondary to have a high ankle sprain or whatever forced him to need a walking boot all week, as opposed to an OL who moves/shifts less. Just saying.

Gipson will ever be mediocre or not see the field as much as he otherwise would have.

I would not want to see my best Safety not ready to go if I was a Jags fan in this situation.

Actually, I expect the BSPN douches to milk those takes all through the 2018 season for as long as there's even a slim chance that the Niners make the playoffs with JG as their starter.
With JG as their starter, the 49ers have more than a slim chance of making the POs...much more.

And I still would've kept him until the end of this season, just in case, taken #97 in 2019, and crossed my fingers that he doesn't sign with the JETE, Miami, Barfalo, Jax, Denver or VaGiants.

Reiss sparks the discussion on inactives today. His projection:

Gillislee, Harris, Waddle, Branch, Reedy, Britt, Dorsett
____

Lets review: From last week's list Burkhead is likely returning and so is Bademosi in place of JJ. Gillislee and Harris have been left out the last 3 games and with team getting healthier its harder to climb to the active list.

The first question is if Waddle is healthy enough to provide some vet backup at tackle? If not, Croston will take his place on the active roster which seems likely but with Waddle returning to practice on Friday in limited capacity it could go either way.

The second question (for some) is the status of Alan Branch. He was available for media again like last week which usually means he could play but I see RJF as a better option at the moment esp. vs Fournette who is faster, more agile and explosive than Henry. Branch still might have some lingering health issue (although he is repeatedly saying he is good to go); he was the only one not running around in warmups we could see but that could also just be his usual thing.

I agree that Reedy is most likely to be inactive bc active spots are too valuable now for players that actually will contribute to carry a pure injury backup. The same could be said for Dorsett in current situation: he didn't have a single snap on Saturday, not even in “garbage“ time (which was strange IMO) and now another receiver in Burkhead is likely returning and with Grissom and Grigsby playing core ST - plus both actually played on D in 4th Q (not to mention GG's 2 sacks - carrying Dorsett this time might not be as useful as some other guys esp. since 11 formations might be rarer in this game.

Then again, like predicted last week, there could be again one surprise inactive like Bademosi vs TEN..

Not sure JAX can play at the same level in back-to-back weeks.

As per RJ Bell of pregame.com; since 1980, playoff teams that score 40 points or more in a single game are 5-25 against the spread the very next game. Doesn’t bode well for JAX.

The Herd with Colin Cowherd

Last edited:
Losing against the spread doesn't necessarily mean that team lost the game. Or does it? I'm unsure exactly how betting works

It was more so food for thought.

However, it’s a pretty close correlation. It also reflects how close that respective team kept the game throughout the entirety of the contest.

I still never understand why fans take the opinions of gambling addicted bookies with such high regard.

I mean no one trusts the guy who blew 20k at the roulette table to give you advice...

____

Lets review: From last week's list Burkhead is likely returning and so is Bademosi in place of JJ. Gillislee and Harris have been left out the last 3 games and with team getting healthier its harder to climb to the active list.

The first question is if Waddle is healthy enough to provide some vet backup at tackle? If not, Croston will take his place on the active roster which seems likely but with Waddle returning to practice on Friday in limited capacity it could go either way.

The second question (for some) is the status of Alan Branch. He was available for media again like last week which usually means he could play but I see RJF as a better option at the moment esp. vs Fournette who is faster, more agile and explosive than Henry. Branch still might have some lingering health issue (although he is repeatedly saying he is good to go); he was the only one not running around in warmups we could see but that could also just be his usual thing.

I agree that Reedy is most likely to be inactive bc active spots are too valuable now for players that actually will contribute to carry a pure injury backup. The same could be said for Dorsett in current situation: he didn't have a single snap on Saturday, not even in “garbage“ time (which was strange IMO) and now another receiver in Burkhead is likely returning and with Grissom and Grigsby playing core ST - plus both actually played on D in 4th Q (not to mention GG's 2 sacks - carrying Dorsett this time might not be as useful as some other guys esp. since 11 formations might be rarer in this game.

Then again, like predicted last week, there could be again one surprise inactive like Bademosi vs TEN..

I'm not sold on the idea of carrying just 3 WRs, particularly when one of them has been on and off the injury train all year.

Butler got his sack and helped set up 2 other sacks with the initial interior pressure. Butler has been playing well lately when he comes in on pass rushing downs. He's often being held. I suppose it's borderline but one or two times, in his past few games, they should have definitely called a hold and didn't.
A guy who comes in on passing diend and gets up the middle pressure us INCREDIBLY valuable. B.B. has valued that role for years and butler is stating to look like a very good player in that important niche role.

Not sure JAX can play at the same level in back-to-back weeks.

As per RJ Bell of pregame.com; since 1980, playoff teams that score 40 points or more in a single game are 5-25 against the spread the very next game. Doesn’t bode well for JAX.

The Herd with Colin Cowherd

No idea what to take away from that stat from a real win/loss standpoint. Perhaps the bulk of those teams who scored 40+ were the favorites and that score tended to push the next line to an unrealistic cover, especially as the opposition is supposed to get better each round.

Regards,
Chris

____

Out of that list, I would activate Harris, Gillislee, and the better blocker of Britt/Dorsett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST