PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG practice news: Patriots & Jaguars (edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article on one of the most amazing late season stories: Ricky Jean Francois

Ricky Jean Francois not spellbound by growing role, success with Patriots

.. who can hopefully have another big day in AFCCG . after being cut 5 times since March..
____

he isn't too bothered though . maybe something useful for fans as well:

Despite his penchant for planning, Jean Francois didn’t look ahead to this point in his career with a chance to make it back to the NFL’s ultimate game after playing in Super Bowl XLVII in his final San Francisco season in 2012.

“I never envisioned it. I didn’t want to have no vision because I wanted to be surprised with whatever happened and see how my character, see how my energy takes on everything as it comes. It’s been a great journey. It’s been ups and downs, but it’s been fun, though. . . . I never have an expectation on things because if you do, you’re always going to be mad or a wrench will get thrown into your plans. So I just take everything as it comes and just enjoy it whether it’s good or bad.”

Yeah he has what's called a "loose ankle" I have the same thing. He's already severely sprained it several times and that thing is so stretched out he can bounce back pretty quick.

WRT the temp determining whether or not Brady may wear a glove on his throwing hand, the forecast for Foxboro is temps in the mid/upper 40s at kickoff, slowing declining to around 40 by the end of the game. Sunny, breeze staying under 5 mph.

3-WR packages against this defense is a recipe for disaster. Their CBs are going to make Brandy Cooks cry like a little girl.
Expecting lots of 21 and 12 sets today, Captain.

Don’t see us going 3 wide very often. I agree with you that Cooks will almost certainly be limited. Part of that is due to the strength of the JAX secondary, and part of it is due to the fact that Cooks still needs to make some improvements and add some versatility (which I think he will for 2018), but I think it’s more of the former than the latter.

WRT the temp determining whether or not Brady may wear a glove on his throwing hand, the forecast for Foxboro is temps in the mid/upper 40s at kickoff, slowing declining to around 40 by the end of the game. Sunny, breeze staying under 5 mph.
That beast is going to try and play without the glove, if even remotely possible, especially with temps that will stay in the 40s.

3-WR packages against this defense is a recipe for disaster. Their CBs are going to make Brandy Cooks cry like a little girl.
Don’t be fooled by misleading stats. Look for us to spread them out with 3 wr. They go small against that and while that works fine for them in obvious passing downs we will take advantage of it to run and get matchups we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News