PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG practice news: Patriots & Jaguars (edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they can activate Malcolm Mitchell. Have a little room for error vs Jags. They ain't dropping 45 on our no name D.:D

Malcolm Mitchell must be activated by Wednesday ?

Reports so far on other injury situations:

Waddle - minor knee sprain - return for AFCCG questionable
JJ - no news, didn't look promissing
Gillislee - last report: limited participation, questionable (knee)

MM posted this before the game on twitter that could suggest his hopes for playing this year are over:

Great!

I've been saying this kid is amazing. Shifty, quick and can really damage Jax with those screens out of the backfield. Hopefully he's 100% because I seriously think he can give Jax nightmares with his abilities.

this is really good news, he almost makes up for Edelman. Not quite but half

Yep, Lewis is clearly the most explosive and elusive back on the roster, but Burkhead is the one guy who can do absolutely everything, including slot routes. If you're running a hurry-up, he's an ideal chess piece.

I wonder if we will see more two back sets against the jaguars.

We have a roster built to survive TFB's declining years. Back in 2010 how many of us were thinking we need to build around Tom to win NOW. Here we are in our 7th straight AFCCG

man just let that rest for a minute, know it has been said many times, but wow. When the Celtics won, basketball was definitely second fiddle to baseball.

I was a huge Blount backer, but our rb group with Lewis fully healthy is the most dangerous since Corey Dillon. Cannon is missed at RT, but his replacements know the system and have done well. One of our most balanced OL for run and pass we have had. I honestly think this set of pass catchers is only equaled by 2007 and I would not put them ahead. Burkhead when he is on is the ultimate puzzle piece for our offence.

Getting Branch back, who I thought was one of our 3 best defensive players last year is just who we need for the run heavy Jaguars. If he gets back to form this is a very potent defense. As a fan very bullish on team's health today.

Great news...gives us another weapon and can create a mismatch in the slot!!!!

I wonder if he could have gone against the Titans but they thought they might not need him due to the high probability of winning with what they had?

As others have said, he'll be huge against Jacksonville. Let's get a package that includes Hogan, Cooks, Gronk, Lewis and Burkhead out there and see what happens, should easily pick up a few first downs with that one.

stop the (power) run . bring the (fun) run . like the odds

Fournette might find NFL is tough going vs Pats front 7, MP & BB.
Telvin might find Lewis is bigger & white men can wiggle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots