PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG practice news: Patriots & Jaguars (edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been disappointing watching them nurse injuries all year, but I am hoping this extra rest is erring on the side of caution, where the payoff comes now.

Nice. Another excellent route running RB that will play a key factor in Sunday's gameplan.

Would have been nice to have Mitchell back as well, although it doesn't look like that will happen. But the offense has more than enough weapons.

Am curious what the status of Gipson is. He left the game against the Steelers, never returned and this detail seemed to have been lost in the shuffle a bit. Fournette will play no matter what. I suppose he will wear down as the game goes along but he will definitely start.

Am curious what the status of Gipson is. He left the game against the Steelers, never returned and this detail seemed to have been lost in the shuffle a bit. Fournette will play no matter what. I suppose he will wear down as the game goes along but he will definitely start.

Another thing to watch is Posluszny playing through injury as well, the only run stopping LB they have. The healthiest unit in NFL having some cracks and it showed..

I agree. Also, what about Chris Ivory? Another tough runner we are familiar with from his NYJ days.

Nice. Another excellent route running RB that will play a key factor in Sunday's gameplan.

Would have been nice to have Mitchell back as well, although it doesn't look like that will happen. But the offense has more than enough weapons.
Mitchell is the X Factor here.

He can beat man coverage and that is what JAX does very well.

Problem is he hasn't played so there is the rust factor.

If he is activated I expect Dorsett to ride the pine.

Another thing to watch is Posluszny playing through injury as well, the only run stopping LB they have. The healthiest unit in NFL having some cracks and it showed..
Get Poz in man coverage with a RB. A complete and total liability in the passing game

stop the (power) run . bring the (fun) run . like the odds

Fournette might find NFL is tough going vs Pats front 7, MP & BB.
Telvin might find Lewis is bigger & white men can wiggle..
I think the NEP can run on JAX.

Sitting Burk vs TN to make sure he was 100% for this game might have been the thinking.

He'll play but we have no idea how healthy he'll be. Fournette after the injury wasn't Fournette before the injury.

he didnt have the same burst or cut after the injury. You have to think playing the Titans was a good test for this patriots defense

1. shut down a large running back for a team that wants to run...check
2. keep a mobile Quarterback in the pocket and force him to make multiple reads...check.

very similar team to the Jags in those ways and its going to be a responsibility of that front 7. to stop the run, keep bortles in the pocket and put him in 3rd and long situations.

That Pitt game really did a number on the Jags....just like some here wanted.

I think the NEP can run on JAX.

Sitting Burk vs TN to make sure he was 100% for this game might have been the thinking.

I just hope we don't try and force the run. Against tennesee early on it seemed we tried to force the run to get it going and ended up in alot of 3rd and long type situations. later on they let brady spread them out and go quicker, which actually set up the run to be more successful

I just hope we don't try and force the run. Against tennesee early on it seemed we tried to force the run to get it going and ended up in alot of 3rd and long type situations. later on they let brady spread them out and go quicker, which actually set up the run to be more successful

Their DC is a Seahawks guy leftover from Gus Bradley and Perry Fewell is the for DC for the 2011 Giants. Lots of up-the-field rushing. Lots of man to man.

Get those LBs in coverage. I'd like to see some RB draws, delayed RB bubble screens, etc

Just need to let their over-aggressiveness be their biggest weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes