Votes: 6 14.6%
  • New England

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Meh......

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants have provided the right roadmap. What really matters is that you make the playoffs one way or the other, stay healthy, are playing your best in December and are mentally tough. They have proven that having the "most talent" or being the "most explosive" or "having the baddest ass D" is not what it takes to win the SB...though any of those are nice things to have going for you.

I would say that any one of a half a dozen teams could represent the AFC in New Orleans: Baltimore, Denver (do you really want to count out a team with Peyton Manning at QB?), Houston, New England, Pittsburgh (know how to win and win ugly, which is what I think this season will come down to) or San Diego.

The winner is not just going to have to sneak into the playoffs, have stayed healthy through December and be playing its best football at that time, but it's also going to have to be unafraid to win big games on the road in a hostile environment.

The formula:
  • Make the Playoffs by hook or by crook
  • Healthy Team
  • Playing your best in December
  • Good QB
  • Mental toughness to win on the Road.

Fasten your seatbelts. It's gonna be quite a ride.

Which is why a young team in the pats won't fare well on the road in the playoffs...1-2 seed is very important to this team..but them won't be getting those seeds this year...

The Patriots are what their record says they are. Right now, they are a mediocrity in search of an identity in a division packed with mediocrities looking for identities.

No, they aren't. They're still the best team, especially in their division. If you watch the Bills, Jest and Dolphins play you'll see true mediocrity.

I still think that, even at 3-3, you guys are in great shape for a bye, maybe even the #1 seed.

Baltimore's loss of Webb is as big as losing RayRay; I think Webb is actually the better player at this point (although Lewis brings other intangibles that are arguably as important).

And Houston looked like I thought they might after falling behind. They're the mid-90s Steelers (great D, great running game, questions about the QB when not playing with a lead).

The rest of the conference looks like their upside caps out at "potentially dangerous" rather than "legitimate contender". *Maybe* Denver or SD in the West gets into a groove and becomes a tough div round out. (Denver would be more interesting if Peyton didn't seem noodle-armed). Maybe Pittsburgh gets healthy and sneaks in as a 6 seed people would rather not play. But none of these teams look like serious challengers capable of putting more than a mild scare into the top 3.

In a year like this, home field and battle-tested playoff QBs will matter even more than usual. You guys still have an inside track to a bye, and have a far more established playoff QB in Brady than Flacco (although he's arguably getting closer with several playoff wins already notched) and Schaub.

Weird stuff happens when playing in Seattle. Tough place to play. You guys are fine; EOY you'll probably be at 11-5, 12-4 with a bye and the best chance to reach the SB from the AFC.

I still think that, even at 3-3, you guys are in great shape for a bye, maybe even the #1 seed.

Baltimore's loss of Webb is as big as losing RayRay; I think Webb is actually the better player at this point (although Lewis brings other intangibles that are arguably as important).

And Houston looked like I thought they might after falling behind. They're the mid-90s Steelers (great D, great running game, questions about the QB when not playing with a lead).

The rest of the conference looks like their upside caps out at "potentially dangerous" rather than "legitimate contender". *Maybe* Denver or SD in the West gets into a groove and becomes a tough div round out. (Denver would be more interesting if Peyton didn't seem noodle-armed). Maybe Pittsburgh gets healthy and sneaks in as a 6 seed people would rather not play. But none of these teams look like serious challengers capable of putting more than a mild scare into the top 3.

In a year like this, home field and battle-tested playoff QBs will matter even more than usual. You guys still have an inside track to a bye, and have a far more established playoff QB in Brady than Flacco (although he's arguably getting closer with several playoff wins already notched) and Schaub.

Weird stuff happens when playing in Seattle. Tough place to play. You guys are fine; EOY you'll probably be at 11-5, 12-4 with a bye and the best chance to reach the SB from the AFC.

Your team is probably not making the playoffs.....they have lost too many leadership type players on that team (Farrior,Ward,ect)...I expect Baltimore to gain 2 wins against Pittsburgh alone

Baltimore and Houston are favorites right now to garnish the top two seeds

The Pats are a likely 3rd seed or 4th depending on what San Diego does,but this division has suddenly become a fight,so nothing is guaranteed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick