PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Gruden is a buffoon. Fool me once...fool me twice. As soon as AB plays, that money is essentially guaranteed. Whatever BS he's created is essentially forgiven by the mere fact he's playing game 1. Raiders are so incredibly stupid to pass on getting $30M back.

The Raiders 100% deserve whatever they get from this diva and continue to enable him. The moment Brown knows his money is secure, he's going back into prima dona mode. What a scum bag, but even worse, what a bunch of suckers.

They'd absolutely bring AB in here if it was the right terms for the team given the risks.

Remember when Blount quit on his team and walked off the field and then like 5 minutes later he was back on the Patriots?

Honestly I think there's probably a lot of tirades/shouting matches/name calling between players and coaches. This one just got a lot of press because it's AB and the dude has had other issues.

Felger and Mazz just played numerous clips of Brown and his agent talking about going to the Patriots while the Steelers were shopping him. This guy is a legit half wit.

There’s something wrong with his brain. I’m not joking. That recorded call should set off red flags about mental illness.

With the announcement of the fact that the Raiders can can his sorry ass without paying him a dime, you can start the countdown before Drew Rosenhaus is taking his client, by the hand, up to Mike Mayock's office and then to the lockerroom with AB in SEVERE mea culpa mode, and try to save his massive commission.

I don't know if it will work. Mike's a tough kid from the suburbs of Philadelphia, who made his bones at MaryAnn's in rough section of Cleveland Circle when he was at BC. Hanging at Pino's Pizza and trolling Beacon St and Comm Ave. ;)

Good call Ken!

There’s something wrong with his brain. I’m not joking. That recorded call should set off red flags about mental illness.

The fun really starts when AB suffers a concussion in game one and blames the NFL and their mandated new helmet.........get your popcorn ready!!

Gruden just embarrassed his own GM Mayock
Not the first time, won't be the last. Gruden sh|t on everyone there asap when he arrived.

Terrible hire. Terrible decisions & it's getting worse before it gets better imo. That team isn't close.

Gruden is embarrassing himself

I've been saying this forever. Guy is punch drunk. His speech is noticeably slurred & he doesn't make sense half the time he's trying to talk anyway.

NFL doesn't give a sh|t
Brown & Incognito on the same team lol. Everson Griffen having issues w a ton of others too.

That's freaking hilarious

He's my favorite comedian. I hear he also used to spend a lot of one on one time showing young female comedians the ropes.

I don’t know what it is more rewarding as a Patriots fan. The 6 Titles. The Patriots AFC Championship game Invitational. Locking up the Division by Week 12 every year. Watching 2 GOAT’s

OR is it we never have to deal with AHoles like AB. OR major distractions that a Coach allows to fester. OR players that put themselves before the team.

I don’t know what it is more rewarding as a Patriots fan. The 6 Titles. The Patriots AFC Championship game Invitational. Locking up the Division by Week 12 every year. Watching 2 GOAT’s

OR is it we never have to deal with AHoles like AB. OR major distractions that a Coach allows to fester. OR players that put themselves before the team.

Yeah, but BB can not draft a CB in the 2nd round - you need to understand what is important.

Whoever Antonio Brown's agent/PR/Social Media person is has done him a tremendous disservice.

Good call Ken!
I wish it were.

I wouldn't call what Brown gave was even a lukewarm mea culpa. He didn't even deign to mention Mayock's name in his public apology. This was all a big show put on by Gruden to get AB on the field.

Gruden had a chance to create a constructive TEAM culture that would set the tone for the Raiders as they move to LV. Instead he set forth a culture that in some respects is perfect for LV. A culture based on the INDIVIDUAL star. I guess that fits the town, but it won't do much for building a strong competitor on a consistent basis. Its not going to much for attracting TEAM players who are invested in winning.

Historically Vegas LOVES their winners, but will turn on losers in a nano-second. They deserve this team. I hope they are happy with their 2 Billion dollar stadium that soaked the taxpayers of Nevada for god knows how much

It’s almost like he wants to see how far he can push it at this point.

It’s almost like he wants to see how far he can push it at this point.
And the answer's clear: with this coach and this team, as far as he wants. Gruden is just a weak, little sniveling dog. A goddam rich weak, little sniveling dog, but that's what he is.

I can't wait for Hard Knocks to announce, come post season time, that they were secretly filming this whole Raiders season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes