PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers positive for COVID (update: “furious” status leaked, claims he didn’t lie, attacks NFL protocols)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't like "forced" vaccination policies but understand why they exist. It's simply to keep the hospitals from becoming overwhelmed. If they came up with a policy in which anti vaxers could sign a waiver that would allow hospitals to reject unvaccinated Covid patients would you sign it? Just curious.
Would you support the existence of such a policy? Just curious.

I have seen many suggest that hospitals should not treat the unvaccinated or, at the very least, move them to the very back of the line. I find it terrifying how many Americans - and they know who they are - support the idea of withholding care from those who engage in unhealthy behavior.

Who do we go after next? The smokers and the fatties?

Yeah, we're 100% not getting into that here. For everyone else, please keep the thread focused on hammering Rodgers and keep the political stuff out of it.
Funny how its only considered politicizing things when you speak out against the propaganda being deciminated by MSM. Blindly follow8ng the heard and ridiculing someone based on a private medical decision is A-Ok, got it. At least be consistent in your application, FFS.

Don't turn this into a COVID thread. The NFL policies are what this is about. They are absolute garbage imo, but he doesn't get to choose what he follows especially with the **** our team has taken over 'infractions' previously.
Good to see we celebrate dumb assery based on who the victim is. Pathetic.

There's so much wrong here.

1. Statistics will tell you whatever you want to hear if you torture them enough, but it's pretty obvious in this case. When 7 out of 10 are vaccinated in a group, and 9+ out of 10 in that group are sick and unvaccinated...well....

Further, as with the Israeli study(ies), there are problems always with categorizing the groups, since in Israel almost ALL elderly and immuno-compromised people are vaccinated. These are the people most at risk, and also the ones on whom the vaccines will not work for as long or as well. We KNOW this from many studies.

Doing such a study is difficult because of these wide variances (is a 40-year-old who had COVID more protected than a 90-year-old who had a vaccine? Is that still true comparing two 40-year-olds?)

Well, CDC has been following the studies on this pretty carefully - hey, we all hope it's true that having covid provides immunity! - and, well, you're just wrong according tot he larger and more in-depth research.

5 times. You are 5 times more protected from a vaccine than from having COVID.

2. Flu shots do not prevent getting the flu. They help in avoiding it at varying amounts (they have to predict which strain will hit before it hits and adjust the shot accordingly, right?), but mostly, if you DO contract the flu after having a shot, it will be at least somewhat mitigated.

There were breakthrough cases of Polio. For years. The Polio vaccine was developed over 2.5 years by Salk after he finally figured out how they could do it - then, it was tested in a trial that lasted LESS THAN A YEAR, and poof, out it went in the late 50's. The vaccine was required in the USA until 1979, when, because of the vaccine, we had stamped out the little polio fires to nothing. But no, the vaccine did not prevent contraction.

Tetanus has a vaccine. Has to be renewed every so often. This is true of many - whether you had chicken pox or had the vaccine, you will be wise to get a shingles (same thing) vaccine when you get older.

Cuomo wasn't the only governor to do that. Several in the northeast did it. The law read that "Patients would be returned to long-term care facilities IF those facilities said they could properly handle them."

Why do that?

Because where the f*** were we going to put them? The hospitals were full; these were people who couldn't go back to family and required a ton of care, and, oh by the way, the Federal Government at that time wasn't helping much at all.

One more note: A study was just published showing that masking reduces transmission of COVID by 93%. Masking AND social distancing reduced transmission by 98+%.

It's not a surprise to anyone who understands basic respiratory spread. Simply put, keeping kids fomr wearing masks in crowded classrooms is batshit crazy.
Those who have breakthrough cases after being vaccinated invariably have an underlying health issue. With so many stories of our fellow PatsFans travelers seeking support as they and their loved ones battle various challenges, my wish is that everyone get vaccinated and give themselves the best chance to be part of this special community.

Exactly. I'm not keeping my head in the sand. I'm simply asking for this to remain about Rodgers and the protocols and not argue about this topic.

This is the football forum and this is a football-related thread. So I have zero desire to get into it and argue about something that won't change the fact Rodgers won't be suiting up this weekend and will instead just cause ire between people, which goes against the fact that we're all here (hopefully) focused on the Patriots and the rest of the season.
Nice try. You can't have a proper discussion about covid protocols without discussing the rest. You are absolutely keeping your head in the sand, and making it easier for idiots to continue to believe theyre doing the right thing by doing the same.

People like my parents, who had the means and connections to influence change but chose to bury their heads in the sand, are 100% the reason this country is so out of whack.

All it takes for the triumph of evil is for a few good men to do nothing.

Those who have breakthrough cases after being vaccinated invariably have an underlying health issue. With so many stories of our fellow PatsFans travelers seeking support as they and their loved ones battle various challenges, my wish is that everyone get vaccinated and give themselves the best chance to be part of this special community.
Underlying issues? Funny how repeat infections seem much more prevalent in the vaxxed pops vs unvaxxed. Don't let something like facts get in the way of your brainwashing though.

Never mind the uptick in heart attacks, strokes, etc. I'm sure the vaccine we thought targetted lungs but actually attacks the vascular system is in no way related

Underlying issues? Funny how repeat infections seem much more prevalent in the vaxxed pops vs unvaxxed. Don't let something like facts get in the way of your brainwashing though.

Never mind the uptick in heart attacks, strokes, etc. I'm sure the vaccine we thought targetted lungs but actually attacks the vascular system is in no way related
You have a lot to learn about the effect of cancer, diabetes, degenerative neurologic disorders, heart disease, autoimmune disorders, etc, on the body's ability to fend off infectious diseases.

Nice try. You can't have a proper discussion about covid protocols without discussing the rest. You are absolutely keeping your head in the sand, and making it easier for idiots to continue to believe theyre doing the right thing by doing the same.

People like my parents, who had the means and connections to influence change but chose to bury their heads in the sand, are 100% the reason this country is so out of whack.

No one has ever faced a greater moral challenge in his lifetime than boldly confronting the owner of a non-profit online football forum, who has kindly asked everyone to try to avoid polarizing discussion in one particular thread.

I have seen many suggest that hospitals should not treat the unvaccinated or, at the very least, move them to the very back of the line. I find it terrifying how many Americans - and they know who they are - support the idea of withholding care from those who engage in unhealthy behavior.

It has already happened. Washington State and Arizona hospitals when they were at a breaking point instituted such policies, for a brief time. But here's my question to you: what about people who need medical help for non-Covid illnesses, but can't get them? How do we look out for them? We're not at a breaking point anymore, but when we were a month and a half ago, decisions needed to be made.

No - it's the fact I run a football forum and we're not influencing or changing the minds of anyone in here. Since that's the case, I'm not getting into it. I obviously have my own thoughts about the topic overall, but this isn't the medium for it. If you want to go fight with the masses on Facebook, Twitter, etc, have at it. But we're not doing it in this thread.

Last edited:
No one has ever faced a greater moral challenge in his lifetime than boldly confronting the owner of a non-profit online football forum, who has kindly asked everyone to try to avoid polarizing discussion in one particular thread.
It's fine. I don't really understand how that was supposed to be some kind of "gotcha" moment, but we're not going to argue about it in this thread. The NFL's policy is what it is whether Rodgers likes it or not. The NFLPA opted to accept it and it's not like these guys are making pennies being asked to abide by unreasonable rules. These guys are getting paid millions to abide by the policies the NFLPA agreed to, and shame on Rodgers for trying to believe he's above them.

!

I’ve heard other posters ask for a “drop-the-mic” emoji for particularly epic posts, and this post deserves a “drop-the-mic” if any does. Ice, thanks for giving me an out-loud chuckle :rofl:

That's a really good question.

I don't know where to draw that line. I don't even know if we should draw a line. How would we decide to draw that line?

My question to Triumph was theoretical but, as usual, you've upped the game. I really don't know.

Great facts, the CDC has reported that 98.6% of those hospitalized for Covid from July through September were unvaccinated. That should tell us a lot.

Open everything up. We now have antiviral meds soon from Merck and Pfizer, not fake bleach but real antivirals. Almost 99% of those hospitalized now are those who are unvaccinated. Open everything up. Stop holding back society for the dumbest among us.

let evolution and natural selection take its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST