PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers positive for COVID (update: “furious” status leaked, claims he didn’t lie, attacks NFL protocols)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has already happened. Washington State and Arizona hospitals when they were at a breaking point instituted such policies, for a brief time. But here's my question to you: what about people who need medical help for non-Covid illnesses, but can't get them? How do we look out for them? We're not at a breaking point anymore, but when we were a month and a half ago, decisions needed to be made.
That's the purpose of triage. The professionals on scene make determinations using their best judgement. They are not beholden to a "one size fits all" rule implemented by some bureaucrat.

Yes, it is shocking the Packers won't suffer any consequences while the Patriots lost a first round draft pick because of a purposeful lack of understanding that gauge pressure goes down in colder weather (whether it be tires or footballs) according to the Ideal Gas Law.

I'm shocked, shocked I say! Casablanca_I'm_Shocked_Vichy_Gov

It is too bad that the leadership of the sport we all love are about as honest as that of Vichy France.

Rodgers was right about one thing. The Packers should not have drafted Jordon Love. He was awful today. I guess all that time with a clipboard really doesn't help.

That's a really good question.

I don't know where to draw that line. I don't even know if we should draw a line. How would we decide to draw that line?

My question to Triumph was theoretical but, as usual, you've upped the game. I really don't know.
crap, edit, I was funny in doing it but I went over the line that only one side has to follow.

Last edited:
Rodgers was right about one thing. The Packers should not have drafted Jordon Love. He was awful today. I guess all that time with a clipboard really doesn't help.
Which is why many Patsfans posters wanted Mac to start at the beginning of the season, not hold the clipboard and "learn" from Cam.

It is funny to think what coulda been if they had used that pick on a defender who is able to contribute. I don't even mean a Pro Bowler, I just mean a guy who helps the team.

Those who have breakthrough cases after being vaccinated invariably have an underlying health issue. With so many stories of our fellow PatsFans travelers seeking support as they and their loved ones battle various challenges, my wish is that everyone get vaccinated and give themselves the best chance to be part of this special community.
simply not true at all. My 27 year old vaccinated son in great shape recently got Covid along with my sister in law, also with no underlying conditions. Out of a group of 5 vaccinated people, 2 caught it form a close contact with someone positive. Vaccinated people also spread just as easily as the unvaxed. So much misinformation on both sides. Get vaccinated to protect yourself from more severe sympoms, but you can also get Covid and spread it.

There's so much wrong here.

1. Statistics will tell you whatever you want to hear if you torture them enough, but it's pretty obvious in this case. When 7 out of 10 are vaccinated in a group, and 9+ out of 10 in that group are sick and unvaccinated...well....

Further, as with the Israeli study(ies), there are problems always with categorizing the groups, since in Israel almost ALL elderly and immuno-compromised people are vaccinated. These are the people most at risk, and also the ones on whom the vaccines will not work for as long or as well. We KNOW this from many studies.

Doing such a study is difficult because of these wide variances (is a 40-year-old who had COVID more protected than a 90-year-old who had a vaccine? Is that still true comparing two 40-year-olds?)

Well, CDC has been following the studies on this pretty carefully - hey, we all hope it's true that having covid provides immunity! - and, well, you're just wrong according tot he larger and more in-depth research.

5 times. You are 5 times more protected from a vaccine than from having COVID.

2. Flu shots do not prevent getting the flu. They help in avoiding it at varying amounts (they have to predict which strain will hit before it hits and adjust the shot accordingly, right?), but mostly, if you DO contract the flu after having a shot, it will be at least somewhat mitigated.

There were breakthrough cases of Polio. For years. The Polio vaccine was developed over 2.5 years by Salk after he finally figured out how they could do it - then, it was tested in a trial that lasted LESS THAN A YEAR, and poof, out it went in the late 50's. The vaccine was required in the USA until 1979, when, because of the vaccine, we had stamped out the little polio fires to nothing. But no, the vaccine did not prevent contraction.

Tetanus has a vaccine. Has to be renewed every so often. This is true of many - whether you had chicken pox or had the vaccine, you will be wise to get a shingles (same thing) vaccine when you get older.

Cuomo wasn't the only governor to do that. Several in the northeast did it. The law read that "Patients would be returned to long-term care facilities IF those facilities said they could properly handle them."

Why do that?

Because where the f*** were we going to put them? The hospitals were full; these were people who couldn't go back to family and required a ton of care, and, oh by the way, the Federal Government at that time wasn't helping much at all.

One more note: A study was just published showing that masking reduces transmission of COVID by 93%. Masking AND social distancing reduced transmission by 98+%.

It's not a surprise to anyone who understands basic respiratory spread. Simply put, keeping kids fomr wearing masks in crowded classrooms is batshit crazy.
where were we supposed to put them? Well, we had a pretty big ship docked but Cuomo refused to take advantage of it. I can't believe anyone would try to defend his decision that cost so many deaths. Also, you can't make a blanket statement that a vaxed person is 5X more protected than people who have had Covid. Depends on the antibodies produced, and some vaxed people are not even protected. So much we still don't know, so don't speak in absolutes. People getting a booster without checking their antibody level are not doing their due diligence.

simply not true at all. My 27 year old vaccinated son in great shape recently got Covid along with my sister in law, also with no underlying conditions. Out of a group of 5 vaccinated people, 2 caught it form a close contact with someone positive. Vaccinated people also spread just as easily as the unvaxed. So much misinformation on both sides. Get vaccinated to protect yourself from more severe sympoms, but you can also get Covid and spread it.

Agree with all this, except vaccinated people do not spread it as easily as unvaxxed. Their window of spread time is significantly shorter (usually one day versus over a week.)

I knew he was nuts when he didn't lock down Olivia Munn

Olivia-Munn-001.jpg

People like my parents, who had the means and connections to influence change but chose to bury their heads in the sand, are 100% the reason this country is so out of whack.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

53f4c049e166d8b1694872093bd4173a.jpeg

Last edited:
where were we supposed to put them? Well, we had a pretty big ship docked but Cuomo refused to take advantage of it. I can't believe anyone would try to defend his decision that cost so many deaths. Also, you can't make a blanket statement that a vaxed person is 5X more protected than people who have had Covid. Depends on the antibodies produced, and some vaxed people are not even protected. So much we still don't know, so don't speak in absolutes. People getting a booster without checking their antibody level are not doing their due diligence.
Yeah, umm, the Comfort went in about a week after the nursing homes began taking back patients...AND, it wouldn't take Covid patients (or a whole bunch of other patients, based on nearly 50 exemptions) for weeks after that.

If you want to keep illustrating the lack of competence at the federal level, I'll thank you in advance. The states were overwhelmed and were not only not being helped much by the feds, but were actively being hurt by the feds (if they didn't bend the knee). Remember when Baker had his PPE stolen by the feds? When Hogan had to assign national guard to protect his PPE FROM the Feds? Neither the Comfort nor the Mercy went out fast enough (Puerto Rico certainly understands), and neither went out with clear directives, or reconfigured for COVID, and wouldn't have made much of a difference even if properly dispatched and reconfigured and had the military red tape protocols cut . Even after the reconfiguration of the Comfort, which happened as the surge began to die away (quite literally), you're talking 500 beds, a drop in the bucket for a city of 8.8 million that was seeing almost 600 patients per 100,000.

Bottom line: the places first hit with COVID were screwed, like Lombardy. They had nowhere near the capacity, the PPE, the understanding of how best to treat the disease.

And I'm not speaking in absolutes - the problem is exactly what you said in your response - the previously-infected vary too widely to be considered immune. Vaccinated patients are protected at varying levels based on age and conditions, but they're all way higher than you're claiming, because math.

And antibody tests can't measure your immunity and are not advised by the CDC.

Great, well thank you for your input Dr. Dunning. I see that Dr. Kruger agrees with you.
Well, you did say "just" listen to the CDC. People need to be getting info everywhere they can, not "just" from the CDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST