PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A successful offseason

Maybe he just needs to go to lunch at the Ground Round with Bill. He'll change his tune.
I don't think that he has much Rodney/junk yard dog in him. I could be wrong, though.

We need a stellar QB
I would love it too but who could be a STELLAR one ?

I would like at least one that could be a solid starter that could help us to compete

Priority ?
I would love a lot if we could find what the Chargers were able to take...Herbert
Just an example...

After watching that game last night, I want to upgrade both Oline and Dline via FA/Trade/Draft. Controlling the trenches is everything.

I think we are alot closer with the Oline than Dline. I imagine we bring back Andrews and Thuney goes, with Owenu sliding into LG. The tackle positions are where I can see potential upgrades. Love wynn but his health is a concern.

Dak has been pretty clear that, financially, he is looking to set the bar for QB pay. I don't see how we sign up for that.
I feel like I'm missing something. I've seen him play more than enough and I don't understand the entitlement to such a contract given he's not even a top 4/5 QB

I think it has to start with an upgrade from Cam at QB and then we have to get some playmakers on the D-line or front 7.

I am operating under the impression (hope) that we don't sell out for some bridge QB and develop a young guy. Unless it is Watson I would rather build through the draft.
Exactly, draft a QB and either start him or find a reasonable bridge. Hate using picks to buy other teams’ failed QBs and take on their crazy-ass contracts.

Successful offseason list:
1. Improve the front 7, I want to see better run defense and a better pass rush
2. Create an intermediate to deep passing game, this will take some combination of a new QB, new receivers and new tight ends. NE needs to get defenders out of the box so they can run the ball and the best way to do this is with a deep threat and someone who can get that player the ball.
3. Upset anyone throwing dirt on Bill's coaching grave

Successful offseason list:
1. Improve the front 7, I want to see better run defense and a better pass rush
2. Create an intermediate to deep passing game, this will take some combination of a new QB, new receivers and new tight ends. NE needs to get defenders out of the box so they can run the ball and the best way to do this is with a deep threat and someone who can get that player the ball.
3. Upset anyone throwing dirt on Bill's coaching grave

Number 1 and number 2 are spot on!

a lot of people seem to think we need a great qb, but a game manager who can make an occasional play to help augment the running game will work for us, provided we improve the defense.

A successful offseason would be actually addressing needs. Just address one need and that's a start. No more hoarding DB's. It's becoming a sickness.

Since it will be very difficult finding a top notch QB, I'd like to see the front 7 to being revamped and finding a bell cow rusher at DE or DT. Aside from JC Jackson, no young player on D excites me.

definite needs for a successful off-season (I'm basing this on my belief that Newton is coming back)
-develop a red zone offense that isn't extremely predictable. like, maybe pass the ball inside the 10 every now and then?
-absolutely need a tight end, whether it's someone on the roster now or someone acquired, to be a viable red zone and third down threat. If this team does not have a tight end that catches 50+ passes it's going to be no playoffs again.
-firm up the defensive line and the linebackers and fortify the secondary. because this team isn't scoring a lot of points with Cam Newton back. I think it'll be better than this season but I think you're topping out around 24 points a game.
-Let Newton run and encourage him to run and not just on the goal line
-In addition to the tight end this team needs a reliable slot guy to give Newton another third down option inside the numbers

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back