Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you make the trade in the post below?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
done! Let's send the paperwork to the league office.

done! Let's send the paperwork to the league office.
No way would I help a rival in the Conference close the gap. Beyond that, a guy like Watt could have a couple more productive seasons before he's done from injuries. Jimmy G on the other hand could be in the league playing at a high level for another 10 years. Just MHO

Last edited:
His recent-frequent (back+?) injuries scare me a little. If i thought was cap doable and drs said he would have enough years to make worthwhile, i would still want a midround pick too.

I just wouldn't want Watt and his salary...

Like, I wouldn't trade a 7th for him.. doesn't make sense

Extremely unlikely any of this happens, but I'd rather a 3 way trade where Watt goes to Chicago and Pats get 3rd overall.

I'd take JJ Watt with a reasonable salary but not at the current one. We'd have a Gronk on Offense AND Defense.

If they throw in their 2017 first rounder then I'd think about it...

If JJ Watt were a Patriot, Belichick would be trading him in the next two years because he's becoming injury prone.

We'd all ***** and complain about it and then his level of play would fall off a cliff and once again we'd realize how brilliant Belichick is.

2-3 years of a declining DE vs 10 years of a franchise QB?

No thanks.

Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) | Twitter

Short version is:

HOU gets . . . QB Jimmy Garoppolo.
NE gets . . . DE JJ Watt.

Would you make this trade?
JJ Watt has a huge pay check.

The Texans D is still very stout without him.

Jimmy G. is still on his rookie contract. The Texans are a QB away from being a serious nightmare for opponents. You give them the advantage at a fraction of the cost it would be to pay Watt. Not a smart trade from a financial stand point imo. So no, I would not make that trade.

JJ Watt has a huge pay check.

The Texans D is still very stout without him.

Jimmy G. is still on his rookie contract. The Texans are a QB away from being a serious nightmare for opponents. You give them the advantage at a fraction of the cost it would be to pay Watt. Not a smart trade from a financial stand point imo. So no, I would not make that trade.
JJ Watt signed a 6 year 100 million dollar extension. Brady doesn't make more than that. No way is that a smart trade. That would destroy our salary cap. Watt is a great player, but we wouldn't be able to keep anybody on our roster if we had him.

Good God. We would be unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back