PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A curious thing about 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We are behind our W-L from last year, in which we won the Superbowl...

by exactly 1 game.

I see a little concern but no real alarm. That's good. Hopefully BB can make some adjustments and we can come burning out the gate in game 5

The defense will be ok. It’s disconcerting to watch but there’s too much talent not to be. Communication issues are fixable.

Not happy with the running game though. I expected a lot better than this...

by exactly 1 game.

I see a little concern but no real alarm. That's good. Hopefully BB can make some adjustments and we can come burning out the gate in game 5
Well...yeah we've been in this spot before. Hopefully it turns out like it almost always does and we bounce back.

But there is pretty major concerns. The defense will improve by some margin, the question is will it be enough? With these LB's? Freaking trash. Bill has some giant coaching up to do, and quickly.

Very fortunate not to be 1-3 and 0-3 at home. I'm going to be alarmed until the defense starts to play better regardless of wins.

It's ok saying the defense will be fine, i'm going to wait till i actually see it play better for ONE GAME until i'm convinced there's any progress coming later in the year.

I'm annoyed that everyone says the communication issues are easily fixable but there has been zero progress for a month.

Butler's play has improved. That's it

I think it's the way the games have gone....truly historic the awfulness of the defense

A quarter of the season is over....including three home games. Whatever they're doing to fix the problem hasn't worked.
"Fixing" is a season long process whether they early results look good bad or ugly.
Haven't you ever played a season on a competitive team? its just the way it is.

The defense will be ok. It’s disconcerting to watch but there’s too much talent not to be. Communication issues are fixable.

Not happy with the running game though. I expected a lot better than this...

Can someone elaborate on what the communication issues are exactly?

Some teams seem to have it figured out right out of the gate. Why not the Pats?
Who knows? Every team is different.
And any team that doesn't improve from where they are today will get killed in December.

Some teams seem to have it figured out right out of the gate. Why not the Pats?

Part of the problem:

Gilmore seems to be struggling to adapt.
McClellin is out
Hightower's been out
Branch hasn't played well enough

The O.P. trying to frame 2-2 v. 3-1 is ridiculous, but the general point that it's still early is a valid one. The defense and the o-line are big areas of suck right now. If they can improve, the team will look much better.

And, for God's sake, someone needs to find the real Nate Solder and get rid of the doppleganger.

Can someone elaborate on what the communication issues are exactly?

Whatever is causing the blown coverages. Having it happen again and again is a good indicator that communication breakdown in the secondary is a problem. That has to be coached.

Obviously this needs to be fixed very soon.

by exactly 1 game.

We'd have to go undefeated the rest of the way to maintain pace with that team.

It's very odd: Every time they start out 2-2 ( 03, 14,) or 1-3 ( 01) they win a SB. Obviously not counting 04 and last season. The D has to improve. What are they gonna do if TB has an off game?

They aren't going undefeated. The good thing is Oakland, Steelers, Denver ( Schedule) aren't that much better.

Right, my point is that we should end comparisons with last year's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back