PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/15 - Thursday Pats/Titans Joint Session Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also suggest that Thomas isn't anything like a safe bet until we see him take some snaps with the Patriots. With all due respect to what he's done in his career, we all know how many accomplished veteran receivers have flamed out coming here.
Never mind accomplished veteran receivers who'd made their living catching passes from Peyton Manning.

....says the guy who just stooped to namecall me a"dlck"

You are special. God Bless.

Actually AFTER you started throwing insults I said if you weren’t a dlck you would have acted differently.
But you knew that. At least you agree the insults and name calling are wrong. If only now you gained a bit of maturity and control.....

Actually AFTER you started throwing insults I said if you weren’t a dlck you would have acted differently.
But you knew that. At least you agree the insults and name calling are wrong. If only now you gained a bit of maturity and control.....

God bless you. :)

Last edited:
BB is infamous for never sweating the details. He's a real gut-level guy. Probably called Caserio one night when watching NFL Network replays of the Pitt/Denver playoff game and was like 'Get me this kid who caught a ball from Teebs.' and then hung up so he could go back to swiping right on tinder.
Thomas knows where JMcD's skeletons are buried. The Denver ones. It's a blackmailed roster spot, obviously.

I would also suggest that Thomas isn't anything like a safe bet until we see him take some snaps with the Patriots. With all due respect to what he's done in his career, we all know how many accomplished veteran receivers have flamed out coming here.
That’s what I’m saying. I don’t think there’s a big upside to him. I’d rather take the risk with Gordon and get some sort of return as opposed to taking a risk on a broken down old guy and hoping there’s something left.

fair enough

but there is no reason to cut Thomas because other top WR's have failed when they come to the patriots

So, no, Thomas isn't a safe bet to be our #2 WR for the year. However, he is a reasonable bet to put on the 53, whether hes has any preseason snaps with the patriots or not.

Someone who is consisently being great doesn't suddenly start being mediocre out of the blue.

???

It happens all the time. A player is great in practices and/or great in exhibitions, but can't handle things when the NFL games get real.

That’s what I’m saying. I don’t think there’s a big upside to him. I’d rather take the risk with Gordon and get some sort of return as opposed to taking a risk on a broken down old guy and hoping there’s something left.

Every year, people start saying silly things about players, for no real reason. You seem to be going down that path. How the hell is there "no big upside" to a player who had caught 80+ passes in 6 consecutive seasons prior to last year? It's not as if he played 16 games last year, with elite QBs, and had 5 catches or something like that, after all.

Thomas could completely flame out, particularly given the nature of his injury combined with his age. However, to say that there's no big upside to him is insane.

Reports are N’Keal flew back to Boston. Wonder why.

Someone who is consisently being great doesn't suddenly start being mediocre out of the blue.
Kembrell Thompkins was a training camp favorite but struggled in real games.

Time will tell with Myers.

Lol. I’m sure he accidentally did that while trying to hit “agree”. Sometimes I click the wrong button. It always cracks me up to see someone post something positive and then they get the dreaded “dislike”.

Reports are N’Keal flew back to Boston. Wonder why.
I hate to bring it up, but it must have been something bad, like a family emergency. I don’t see how injury would play a role in needing to fly back home, early.

If it is injury related, our WR group just took a big hit and will start the year as a glaring weakness without much talent or depth.

When both in prime and IF Gordon could have stayed off the hooch ....would have been great competition to see who was better WR....but Thomas was incredible as we all know and has had a hof career....and Gordon couldn’t stay clean. Fast forward to today and I’m taking Gordon (if he can make it through an entire season and is reinstated obviously) over Thomas. All reports are saying that Gordon is in best shape of his career and because of problems and not playing ball...has potentially MANY good years left!....Thomas’ injury and fact that like you said even before injury he was declining.....don’t know how much he will have left.

Cmon Roger....reinstate THE BEAST!!! He will be really good for those declining NFL ratings too!!!!

Lol What? Thomas is done. Hi stats have been steadily declining over the last few years, he is 31 and he is coming off a major injury. While Gordon was definitely not 2013 Gordon last year, he was solid down the stretch. On top of that he already has a year in the offense and worked with Brady. I don't even think the two are close.

I think everyone knows Dorsett is a great guy and gives it everything he has when out there...but he is what he is and that is a pretty average WR out there. Made some big catches when it counts last year but overall never going to be elite or outstanding player.....Cooks IS that guy at least last year for NO....amazing talent , deep threat weapon....apples and oranges between these two....

Dorsett and Cooks both ran a 4.33 at the NFL Combine - that is a computer time so it is reliable. Cook's 3Cone was 6.76 while Dorsett's was 6.70. Cooks might be an overall better receiver, but running a deep route I see little difference and the testing numbers confirm. Why do you think there is a big difference in separation? Dorsett is a great human being, a great teammate, signed a team friendly deal and "is what he is". Why the hate?

I agree.

When both in prime and IF Gordon could have stayed off the hooch ....would have been great competition to see who was better WR....but Thomas was incredible as we all know and has had a hof career....

Cmon Roger....reinstate THE BEAST!!! He will be really good for those declining NFL ratings too!!!!
Don't know what hooch you have been drinking but Thomas has not had a HOF career, no way no how.

Gordon can disappear in an instant.
Thomas stats have been affected by QB issues.
Gordon is obviously a question mark but I think he realizes that if he is reinstated....it’s truly his LAST SHOT....but anyone who understands game knows how incredibly talented he is....and knowing that he is in best shape of life AND was spending a lot of time working with TFB and getting more time with playbook....if he gets reinstated he will be a huge weapon for us imho...Thomas is just a huge ? at this stage of career and coming back from tough injury....but hoping for best for him

Combine stats are great and all but one is a highly productive NFL receiver who has done it on 3 different teams while the other was a first round reach who is a solid role player but in all likelihood will never approach half the production Cooks has had.
Great post here....a lot of people go to combine stats when comparing players which is only one small part of equation honestly...

He tore his Achilles he’s not making an impact this year if ever
One of hardest injuries to come back from ...especially for WR or RB with all the “cutting “....obviously hope he proves me wrong....great talent at one time!

Gordon is obviously a question mark but I think he realizes that if he is reinstated....it’s truly his LAST SHOT....but anyone who understands game knows how incredibly talented he is....and knowing that he is in best shape of life AND was spending a lot of time working with TFB and getting more time with playbook....if he gets reinstated he will be a huge weapon for us imho...Thomas is just a huge ? at this stage of career and coming back from tough injury....but hoping for best for him
Everyone made that argument about Gordon last year. Knowing it’s his last shot doesn’t seen to make any difference.
If Thomas is healthy he is better than a guy who is all it certain to be suspended again before long simply because a player on the field is better then one in rehab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots