PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 receivers floating around

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would pay Holmes just to stay with the Jets. Even cancer looked at Holmes and said F'k this!

I'm good with what we got. AD will become a beast.

Like I've been saying for a few days. Britt is a Patriot. But the Wilfork thing is priority, once that is done then he'll be officially signed.

Just my gut.

I think that would make the most sense, even though I wasn't fully on board throughout last season when people would bring it up once a week.

If Belichick has a good enough feeling that Britt has the potential to contribute without becoming a problem in the locker room/off the field, that's certainly good enough for me, and should be the same for any fan.

Any of these lower risk/lower salary type of reclamation project signings would be just fine, and was likely what we pretty much expected coming into free agency.

I highly doubt that we'll be exploring a guy like DeSean Jackson for anything near that kind of money. If that's really the case, then they don't have anything near the kind of confidence in the 3 rookies that many here are suggesting.

A value signing is completely different and actually expected in my opinion.

I'm good with what we got. AD will become a beast.

I'm good with what we have as well, as long as that includes another veteran signing like a Lance Moore/Kenny Britt/Jason Avant/Miles Austin, etc; along with the drafting of at least ONE tight end in rounds 1-3.

That kind of improvement would be much improved from last year, and good enough to allow a guy like Dobson to continue to develop into year #2. One thing I do not want to do however, is have to depend on him--and it appears as though Belichick agrees in this case.

I agree that apparently, Belichick has no intention of counting on Dobson to develop into our #2 (or even #3 WR). We have Edelman, Amendola, and LeFell. And Belichick is looking for a 4th. To my mind, this is impressive, given that Gronk and Vereen should be expected to catch more passes than in 2014, and the #2/#3 TE's should do so also (a low bar for the TE's).

No #3 WR has ever caught 50 passes for Belichick's patriots. Perhaps, one of the three veterans will be the first. But, Belichick is making sure. He will not count on Dobson or Thompkins or Boyce to push the veterans for reps. He is out looking for more help!

I am seriously impressed. Personally, I would welcome Austin. For now, I would be even more impressed if the next signing were a running back, hopefully Blount.

I'm good with what we have as well, as long as that includes another veteran signing like a Lance Moore/Kenny Britt/Jason Avant/Miles Austin, etc; along with the drafting of at least ONE tight end in rounds 1-3.

That kind of improvement would be much improved from last year, and good enough to allow a guy like Dobson to continue to develop into year #2. One thing I do not want to do however, is have to depend on him--and it appears as though Belichick agrees in this case.

Rather than the aforementioned 4, I would just prefer if Bill signed one of the following
to one-year, NON-guarateed contracts:
Miles Austin, Sidney Rice, Jason Avant, Earl Bennett, or Austin Collie again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST