PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 PM games discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indy is really really annoying. How they pulled out this win, ugh

This is good for the Pats. The Steelers still have NE at NE, Dallas, at Baltimore, and at Tennessee on their schedule. This game could be huge if the Pats win the division since they have a far better shot now at the first round bye.

We only have to care about the Colts if we don't win the division at this point.

The Kansas City Herms: finding innovative ways to lose on a weekly basis

Gus Johnson is awesome. They need to put this guy one on of the Pats games.

oh my god they're going for two

2 point conversion and they get a pass off from the 15 yard line

Wow! Why not go for the extra point and go into overtime? I guess when your team has nothing to lose, you go for the win. But even then, I probably would have kicked the extra point.

Herm... I know you play to win the game but come on...

Herm Edwards.... wow.

This is good for the Pats. The Steelers still have NE at NE, Dallas, at Baltimore, and at Tennessee on their schedule. This game could be huge if the Pats win the division since they have a far better shot now at the first round bye.

We only have to care about the Colts if we don't win the division at this point.

I can't believe we are even discussing the possibility of getting a playoff bye.....with Matt Cassel at QB.:eek:

Indy is really really annoying. How they pulled out this win, ugh

Their no name corners picked off Ben twice... Maybe they're not as bad as advertised, but then again Ben is who he is...

Wow! Why not go for the extra point and go into overtime? I guess when your team has nothing to lose, you go for the win. But even then, I probably would have kicked the extra point.
New trend since Shanny beat the Chargers early this year going for it in the same situation. I don't like it either. The Chargers apparently sucked all day, why not try to take it to them in OT. Herman Edwards finding new ways to be the worst coach in the league.

New trend since Shanny beat the Chargers early this year going for it in the same situation. I don't like it either. The Chargers apparently sucked all day, why not try to take it to them in OT. Herman Edwards finding new ways to be the worst coach in the league.

And yet he's top 5 on the list of coaches black players want to play for....

I can't believe we are even discussing the possibility of getting a playoff bye.....with Matt Cassel at QB.:eek:

I can actually. I didn't think Cassel was going to be as good as he has been the last month, but I figured with the schedule and Belichick that the Pats would still have a shot at getting 11-12 wins.

And yet he's top 5 on the list of coaches black players want to play for....

Well, remember when Larry Johnson praised him while taking a shot at Vermeil when he said that white coaches shouldn't tell black players how to live their lives while it was ok for black coaches to do it because they knew their background. Granted Johnson seems to hate Edwards now almost as much as he hated Vermeil. Go figure.

Anybody else catch CBS an their pre-game 'Football Night In America' show - specifically the Pats highlights? Almost every highlight and comment was negative. 'Welker was out of bounds', 'Cassel's TD run was the longest of the season for the Pats', the obligatory 'make fun of BJGE's name', 'Welker sets a record but one catch shouldn't count', etc. Then to top it off they go to Dan Patrick and he's still acting as if the question about 'shouldn't the Pats have rested their starters in the 2nd half' was a legitimate question - subtlely insinuating that the Pats were apparently 'running up the score' in a ten-point win. Sheesh, Patrick and Olberman may have well have been wearing green and white, given that they didn't bring that topic up when they talked about the Jets win against the Rams.

Anybody else catch CBS an their pre-game 'Football Night In America' show - specifically the Pats highlights? Almost every highlight and comment was negative. 'Welker was out of bounds', 'Cassel's TD run was the longest of the season for the Pats', the obligatory 'make fun of BJGE's name', 'Welker sets a record but one catch shouldn't count', etc. Then to top it off they go to Dan Patrick and he's still acting as if the question about 'shouldn't the Pats have rested their starters in the 2nd half' was a legitimate question - subtlely insinuating that the Pats were apparently 'running up the score' in a ten-point win. Sheesh, Patrick and Olberman may have well have been wearing green and white, given that they didn't bring that topic up when they talked about the Jets win against the Rams.
Keith Olbermann was a large part of it. He's despised as a sports commentator, and as a political commentator. Why do they hire him to do either? Oh, he also said he (Wes Welker needs to get his little feet in bounds). Maybe Wes can plant one of his size 10 brogans, or whatever size, up his arse.

That was on NBC. And Patrick was obviously joking around. And Welker WAS out of bounds.

I like going for 2 there (Chiefs). You have them on their heels. Why put it all on a coin toss? They have nothing to lose.

Terrible loss for Pittsburgh. They were up 17-7 with the ball at the end of the first half and Roethlisberger got picked off, Indy scores. They probably would have won if not for that pick. And that 2-minute drill there was pitiful.

Personally I blame YOU. Yes, you for watching those morons. Patrick & Olberman? C'mon. It's clear from your posts that you know SO much more about football than they. {It's the Internet so let me explain that I'm NOT being sarcastic, but complementary} Me, I don't watch those shows. Any of 'em.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey