PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3rd down defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Construction of Patriots dominant defense all began with the head-scratching Stephon Gilmore signing, for those (including myself) who questioned it. This is like the peak Revis Jets defense but with a great coach, depth, and much better supporting players. But Gilmore is the glue that makes this possible. Being able to lock down any player is almost impossible in today’s NFL. He is playing CB as well as anyone in this era. You can get really creative with your schemes when you have a guy like this.

And this is why the league is stupid to pay Frank Clark, Dee Ford, Chandler Jones, and a dozen other one trick ponies much more money than elite corners.

We witnessed the beginning of the change in BB's defensive philosophy, he built this team from the back and now other teams are trying to catch up with mixed results.. combined with a very athletic and mix & match front 7 has combined to make this D excellent.

Do not care about records for points allowed or how well they do no 3rd down, all that matters are W's and the "Tournament"...

Shame we don't have enough solid WRs :rolleyes:, otherwise our league leading average of 31.7 points per game would be even better :D. Team giving up 8 points per game (I would have said D, but they've been even stingier than the 8 due to ST and turnovers on O).

I'm loving this season/team and enjoy watching this D play. We've had great seasons in recent memory and I appreciate this new twist.

Shame we don't have enough solid WRs :rolleyes:, otherwise our league leading average of 31.7 points per game would be even better :D. Team giving up 8 points per game (I would have said D, but they've been even stingier than the 8 due to ST and turnovers on O).

I'm loving this season/team and enjoy watching this D play. We've had great seasons in recent memory and I appreciate this new twist.
ppg is patriots highest since 2012, higher than 4 Sb teams and 3 Sb champs.

I would especially like to see the # of negative plays / game. Seems like a lot of 3rd and 10+.
I know of a site that has a page where you could find that kind of information :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down