PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3rd down defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate that excuse for anything. They play the schedule. If they won a Super Bowl and only beat two or three teams with a winning record all year does it matter?

Truth of the matter is the D is playing great.
The QBs are all Rummys.

On a creepiness scale where would it rank with someone that's even managed to argue with themselves?

On another note, looks like I made it off ignore.

Your creepy obsession with me even has led to you creating an alternate reality.
Seek help.

Good for you, you finally got one right! It's like a blind squirrel finding an acorn but still...good for you.

(btw, you might want to check the definition of insipid lol)

Triggering is a serious matter.

I feel your pain.

2000 ravens played 9 teams in the regular season with losing records and 3 of the 7 teams with winning records were 9-7.

don't see anyone citing that when they are talked about and that's when defense could beat up guys

Your creepy obsession with me even has led to you creating an alternate reality.
Seek help.

And what alternate would that be? One where you admit you are wrong?

And what alternate would that be? One where you admit you are wrong?
Nope the one where the crap you make up about me would be true.
If I am wrong I always admit it. Readily.

Nope the one where the crap you make up about me would be true.
If I am wrong I always admit it. Readily.

Okay Andy :rolleyes:
Nice dodge. We are now three deep so you once again get to declare victory.

andy.jpg

Okay Andy :rolleyes:
Nice dodge. We are now three deep so you once again get to declare victory.

View attachment 24545
Why you must bring this immaturity into a thread about football is beyond me, and if you are trying to keep score, you lost by starting the charade.

Time to pump the brakes.

2019 offensive rankings to date

Miami 32
Buffalo 28
New York 30
Washington 29

Pittsburgh Ben was hurt before the game even started. The Pats have played a bunch of Patsies and backup QBs.
Yes, but they have dominated those bad offenses like no other Pats defense I can remember. Maybe 2003 or 2004. Maybe.

Time to pump the brakes.

Miami 32
Buffalo 28
New York 30
Washington 29

Pittsburgh Ben was hurt before the game even started. The Pats have played a bunch of Patsies and backup QBs.

Why omit Pittsburgh's ranking when they did it all without Roethlisberger, making it a valid comparison?

Time to pump the brakes.

Miami 32
Buffalo 28
New York 30
Washington 29

Agreed. Though Ben wasn't hurt in the opener.

Defense will need to do well against explosive offenses like KC & Philly to get recognition from the football world ( Not that their opinion matters).

Hate that excuse for anything. They play the schedule. If they won a Super Bowl and only beat two or three teams with a winning record all year does it matter?

Truth of the matter is the D is playing great.

Doesn't seem to bother Miami much ... :cool:

Why omit Pittsburgh's ranking when they did it all without Roethlisberger, making it a valid comparison?
Not to mention those rankings are where they are in large part because they faced the patriots.

Yes, but they have dominated those bad offenses like no other Pats defense I can remember. Maybe 2003 or 2004. Maybe.

Close, but IIRC those defenses went lockdown in the red zone more than anywhere else. Bend, don't break, at its finest.

In today's game you judge defenses on who they play. Context does matter.

That said NE is playing on different level. Thats obvious. Again context matters.
We're not just beating teams. We're dominating in key areas. Sacks/TFL/No Gain/INT. Not to mention the level of physicality along the los. The level of communication on all 3 levels is outstanding. Stands out almost every series. So impressive how everyone is on the same page. A machine. You dont see that in todays game but definitely not w the consistency in which we play w from snap to snap. That's players checking egos at the door & buying in 100%. Again very impressive.

I remember when 24/30 got here a few years back & this secondary had trouble passing guys off. Simple ****. Now we play bunches, crossers & misdirection like its nothing. I remember specifically against NYJ/Buffalo we played bunches almost flawlessly matching man. Not surprising, Bill & Saban are masters of man match & pattern matching.

Rewatching today 2 things were evident. The amount of communication we played w but also how happy guys are & how much fun they're having.
Shelton, Hightower, Collins, Bentley etc all noticeable happy for guys after they make a play. Not sure if anyone else heard him on TV but Winovich was chirping on the los today. These guys are having fun & playing like a team on a mission.

Your never as good as you look and your never as bad as you look. The Pats have a damn good defense. We have had the luxury of playing some of the worst teams in football. 3 of them do not have wins.

They have done their job insanely well. But I do not expect this kind of dominance against better teams.

But I do not expect this kind of dominance against better teams.
This is a weird statement considering nobody consistently dominates better teams as they do weak teams. Just take the 2000 Ravens, they only played 2 above-average scoring offenses during the regular season with Jacksonville and Tennessee (each twice). The figures they allowed in those 4 games:

Points - 36, 10, 14, 23
Yards - 421, 348, 191, 286

This is a weird statement considering nobody consistently dominates better teams as they do weak teams. Just take the 2000 Ravens, they only played 2 above-average scoring offenses during the regular season with Jacksonville and Tennessee (each twice). The figures they allowed in those 4 games:

Points - 36, 10, 14, 23
Yards - 421, 348, 191, 286

So statements that make sense are weird now? Great logic

Yup, even if we are playing tomato cans....we are on a historic pace....and these tomato cans are PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAMS with guys that pump iron the same as we do.

I am more amazed to see Andy use percentages.
Except his thesis is backwards
OP should read:
“Our D is now 55 /63”................while the opposition O is 8/63

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft