PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 Games to Glory VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the folks who got their copy already. Is there a lot of sideline/behind the scenes material this time ? Or is it like the last two times and we have seen 85-90% of it already through the various NFL Films productions.

After the last two editions being mostly disappointing when it came to "new stuff" compared with DJY I have decided to wait for the reactions before ordering.

Did you figure out how to buy it without having to pay $7 to have them mail you a key ring?

Nope. I spent 10 minutes looking around the site for that option but couldn't find. It. I only went through with the purchase because I thought the download would be instantaneous. Almost 24 hours later and I still haven't received the download code and the ProShop is closed until Monday.

Has anyone ordered the downloadable version? If so how long did it take to get your digital download code emailed to you? I ordered mine last night and received an order confirmation email but have yet to receive the code.
I got it instantly from Amazon.

I was, happy with what it was for the most part, I really liked the detail from each game, but is it me, or did they really sort of skimp on production value. There used to be full narration and storylines...this was a guy saying a sentence every 15 minutes or so.

For the folks who got their copy already. Is there a lot of sideline/behind the scenes material this time ? Or is it like the last two times and we have seen 85-90% of it already through the various NFL Films productions.

After the last two editions being mostly disappointing when it came to "new stuff" compared with DJY I have decided to wait for the reactions before ordering.

It's like the last 2.

Has anyone ordered the downloadable version? If so how long did it take to get your digital download code emailed to you? I ordered mine last night and received an order confirmation email but have yet to receive the code.
Let us know if the digital version from Pstriot pro shop has the special features. I got one from Vudu but it only had the 3 games with no special features. It doesn't even have a menu to select games, it just one long video

It's like the last 2.
Gone through the Charger and Chiefs discs so far and I'd agree with that - nothing in the games or the sideline footage differs from what we've already seen. But the the bonus features are really nice this time around. Particularly, I think our draftniks would very much enjoy the 15-20 minute segment on the scouting department, where they go through the 12 month calendar and explain what and why the coaches do when they go to Pro days and bring players in.

ordered it yesterday, got it today, watching it now

Bought it on Amazon and watched it a few days ago -- it was decent but I feel like I've already seen 90% of the content through Sights & Sounds and the other specials.

Bought it on Amazon and watched it a few days ago -- it was decent but I feel like I've already seen 90% of the content through Sights & Sounds and the other specials.

So what is 3GtG these days? Originally it was every play (except maybe for punts) of all three playoff games, set to (IIRC) the Patriots radio feed. Though the video was sourced from NFL Film rather than the network TV broadcast, which had both good and bad aspects.

Do they do something different now?

So what is 3GtG these days? Originally it was every play (except maybe for punts) of all three playoff games, set to (IIRC) the Patriots radio feed. Though the video was sourced from NFL Film rather than the network TV broadcast, which had both good and bad aspects.

Do they do something different now?

It sounds like it is exactly the same. But since you get most of those shots already from Sight & Sounds / Inside the NFL / etc. including ones with the Patriots Radio as the audio there is not a lot of new stuff in it anymore.

There is nothing wrong with it but since there are no significant additional features in it that expand on that play-by-play (e.g. behind the scenes during practices / meetings, more extensive sideline shots..) I personally don't feel like paying full price for it. I will grab it at some point later this year when the first discounts hit.

As others have said.. that one hour DYJ documentary we got after 2014 and 2016 was a lot more interesting than whats on 3GTG. But thats just personal opinion, I am sure others are very excited about whats on 3GTG.

Gone through the Charger and Chiefs discs so far and I'd agree with that - nothing in the games or the sideline footage differs from what we've already seen. But the the bonus features are really nice this time around. Particularly, I think our draftniks would very much enjoy the 15-20 minute segment on the scouting department, where they go through the 12 month calendar and explain what and why the coaches do when they go to Pro days and bring players in.

Is it similar to what we have been getting through the Patriots website the last 12 months ?

e.g.

Do Your Job: The Scouting Department

Looks like it’s exactly the same one, actually. I hadn’t realized they were publishing these on their website.

Thanks for checking it out. I guess I will wait for a while with 3GTG until it is more reasonably priced for what it is.

Thanks for checking it out. I guess I will wait for a while with 3GTG until it is more reasonably priced for what it is.

As of this morning, it is on Amazon for $6 to watch and $13 to own. If it turns out to not be the same as what's on hard copy disc, then a refund from Amazon is easily attainable.

How much cheaper do you think it'll get?

As of this morning, it is on Amazon for $6 to watch and $13 to own. If it turns out to not be the same as what's on hard copy disc, then a refund from Amazon is easily attainable.

How much cheaper do you think it'll get?

I can watch it for free if I want in terms of streaming. I am talking about having a BluRay copy in better quality.

I'm still not sure if you guys that bought the digital copies got the special features that's on the blu-ray. I have both. My digital version only has the games and no special features. If so get the blu-ray. It's well worth it.

As a follow up to my query, it seems that any orders placed over the weekend for the Digital Download are being input today and my download code will be emailed by Noon. Doesn't seem like the ProShop is heavily staffed.

I got mine last Thursday and watched the Divisional Game and Championship Game on Saturday since the wife was working.

It still amazes me how lopsided the calling was in the Championship game. But nothing better than overcoming it in OT.

Loved DMac calling the defense one of the best in history...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes