PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

21-Years Ago Today...

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
21-Years ago today (6/17/00) I registered the domain patsfans.com, having no idea that the following year would be the start of what it's been for the team. It's just really cool that we've all been able to enjoy it together and I honestly can't believe it's been that long...what a crazy ride. Thank you to all of you who visit each day & for all the friends & people I've gotten to know over the years, as well as the ones who are no longer with us. Realizing that we've had so many who were a part of this community and that I played a part in that is incredibly humbling...I don't have words.

It's been far from perfect, especially from my standpoint. There have been plenty of times that I wish I could have done things differently and I'm aware of the fact I've also let many people down over the years...which I still have a hard time dealing with at times. As the majority of you know, there have been plenty of ups and downs here with everything that has gone on and it's safe to say I never would have been able to push through without all the support. Now that I'm older, you sort of look at things a lot differently but when those moments come where I do take time and reflect...I think of a lot of different situations and realize we have something really special and I promise to try and continue making it better. At the end of the day, it's all of you who have made this place what it is and I'm truly grateful to have been a part of it.

Looking forward to the next 21, and I'll keep pushing things forward and hope we can enjoy some good football along the way as well. :)

The fact that we have such an active forum in 2021 and it isn't even hosted by Reddit is a pretty huge achievement. I'm thankful to have one less reason to visit that god-forsaken site.

@Ian - It's been an AMAZING ride. You are the Patriots secret weapon.. Notice how they hadn't won anything PRIOR to you starting the board??

Thank you for everything that you do. From the Board to the boxes you have sent to supporters to checking up on people. It's tremendously appreciated.

@Ian - It's been an AMAZING ride. You are the Patriots secret weapon.. Notice how they hadn't won anything PRIOR to you starting the board??

LOL, they went 5-11 the first year...I sort of felt like we put the jinx on them. What happened the following year was crazy...and then they won again, and again...it was unreal. I just wish I had gotten us onto our own server sooner than the end of 2005. It would have been a lot more fun to be able to go back and re-read a lot of that stuff. Definitely bummed that we don't have that.

@Ian, your baby can legally drink a beer today!

Man, you shouldn't feel down about anything related to patsfans. You've done an amazing job with it, you are a friend to all of us nuts, and you have created and maintain one of the best sites to visit in the world. Because of patsfans, I have made friends, been supported emotionally, had tons of fun, and have learned much more about football than I ever thought possible. I have also learned how to better tolerate ****heads.

Kudos to you, my friend!

It's been far from perfect, especially from my standpoint. There have been plenty of times that I wish I could have done things differently and I'm aware of the fact I've also let many people down over the years...which I still have a hard time dealing with at times.

@Ian this leaves me slack jawed, and concerned that you are taking responsibility for things that you shouldn't, and being much too hard on yourself.

@Ian this leaves me slack jawed, and concerned that you are taking responsibility for things that you shouldn't, and being much too hard on yourself.
I appreciate that, but I've had enough conversations privately to know where I've done things badly, along with having been involved with so many personal situations that I wish I had handled better. Being older, I definitely look at things differently but I'm also quite self-aware. I rushed through a lot of situations instead of being more supportive and really being more involved where I could have helped people more and handled things differently.

Although, at the same time, I was under a little more pressure back then when the kids were younger and I was trying to balance my time between work, here, and obviously around the house for the sake of keeping my family happy. Now things are a little different and like anything else, the more time you have to look back, the more you always notice the things you could have done better.

I also should have made some difficult decisions that would have been better for people collectively instead of trying to appease both sides. I was afraid to at the time because I'm one of those people who does care about trying to make everyone happy. I've obviously since learned that there are times where it just isn't possible.

But it's the personal letdowns where it still eats at me at times. I try not to dwell on them - because I can't change them - but it doesn't change the fact I still think about them and they definitely bother me.

not-worthy.gif

I appreciate that, but I've had enough conversations privately to know where I've done things badly, along with having been involved with so many personal situations that I wish I had handled better. Being older, I definitely look at things differently but I'm also quite self-aware. I rushed through a lot of situations instead of being more supportive and really being more involved where I could have helped people more and handled things differently.

Although, at the same time, I was under a little more pressure back then when the kids were younger and I was trying to balance my time between work, here, and obviously around the house for the sake of keeping my family happy. Now things are a little different and like anything else, the more time you have to look back, the more you always notice the things you could have done better.

I also should have made some difficult decisions that would have been better for people collectively instead of trying to appease both sides. I was afraid to at the time because I'm one of those people who does care about trying to make everyone happy. I've obviously since learned that there are times where it just isn't possible.

But it's the personal letdowns where it still eats at me at times. I try not to dwell on them - because I can't change them - but it doesn't change the fact I still think about them and they definitely bother me.

I appreciate that this is who you are. The world is better for it.
Still, this is a football site, so any effort you make to extend yourself to help any of us members out at a personal level is by definition already going the extra mile. You get massive credit just for showing up in those situations. None of us has a right to expect you to always handle them well. Competence is icing on the cake, especially when your own life is demanding at the time.

I appreciate that this is who you are. The world is better for it.
Still, this is a football site, so any effort you make to extend yourself to help any of us members out at a personal level is by definition already going the extra mile. You get massive credit just for showing up in those situations. None of us has a right to expect you to always handle them well. Competence is icing on the cake, especially when your own life is demanding at the time.
I could not agree more.

Ian, I can't say "thank you" loud enough or often enough for what you do. The thought that you blame yourself for mistakes makes me sad. I'll just say that you have done a most amazing job and those of us who have been here fo a long time know how much we owe you. 21 more, please!

Ian, there have been times in the last decade when things were difficult. The simple opening of the browser and reading about football, or life, has been a welcome distraction at key moments.

You are good people. The good has FAR outweighed the (perceived) bad. It’s not a stretch to say that you’ve been the most impactful « stranger » in many of our lives.

After 15 years on here, like many I imagine, I visit this site through out the day every day. So much so that if my wife walks in a room and I am on a computer or have my phone shoved in my face, she asks "what's going on on Pats Fans?".

Love this place it's pretty much my home on the internet.

Thanks for all that you do sir!

@Ian, your baby can legally drink a beer today!

Man, you shouldn't feel down about anything related to patsfans. You've done an amazing job with it, you are a friend to all of us nuts, and you have created and maintain one of the best sites to visit in the world. Because of patsfans, I have made friends, been supported emotionally, had tons of fun, and have learned much more about football than I ever thought possible. I have also learned how to better tolerate ****heads.

Kudos to you, my friend!
That's Mr. ****head to you!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes