PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 QB

I like Nix and Sanders early

KJ Jefferson, Grayson McCall, Riley Leonard later on

Lot of interesting guys throughout as well

My favorite QB class going into a Draft since 2014 I think

If we're already talking 2025, Drew Allar of Penn State should be the #1 guy taken
His problem is his team. Penn State never win the big games. Also seem extremely conservative on offense at times which gives Allar some underwhelming stats.

Looking ahead to the 2025 class I wouldn't sleep on Alabama's Jalen Milroe. Milroe is actually eligible for the 2024 draft but I'm expecting him to stay for his 4th year - but who knows. If he stays and his second year as a starter builds on the absurd improvement he's made this year then he could easily be a top 10 pick. Absolute missile launcher of an arm and outstanding with his legs for such a big unit.

Last edited:
His problem is his team. Penn State never win the big games. Also seem extremely conservative on offense at times which gives Allar some underwhelming stats.

Looking ahead to the 2025 class I wouldn't sleep on Alabama's Jalen Milroe. Milroe is actually eligible for the 2024 draft but I'm expecting him to stay for his 4th year - but who knows. If he stays and his second year as a starter builds on the absurd improvement he's made this year then he could easily be a top 10 pick. Absolute missile launcher of an arm and outstanding with his legs for such a big unit.
Is a comparison to Hurts lazy? Easily a Heisman favorite for next year

Michael Penix is a baller.

But, operations on both shoulders and both knees, he's one hard hit from being quadriplegic ffs
He's still the best college qb I've seen this year. I want nothing to do with Williams.
I'd take Maye even though he sucked last week and maybe Daniels.
Truth is, I haven't seen one cant-miss qb all year. And I've seen most of the top 6 7 guys for multiple games each.
Penix is the best of a weak field but he's got his flaws too.
One or two of these guys could develop onto a franchise qb but it's a crapshoot.
I'm leaning towards Harrison if he's available over a qb

He's still the best college qb I've seen this year. I want nothing to do with Williams.
Truth is, I haven't seen one cant-miss qb all year. And I've seen most of the top 6 7 guys for multiple games each.
One or two of these guys could develop onto a franchise qb but it's a crapshoot.
If we could trade down and get some extra picks to beef up the OL and a WR, I'd be all for Penix as our next QB. But, Man!, with that injury history and our current OL, I'd worry about the young man.

As I think I said elsewhere, the Patriots need a veteran QB in FA (e.g., Baker Mayfield) so that they don't have to force a high pick in the draft.

As I think I said elsewhere, the Patriots need a veteran QB in FA (e.g., Baker Mayfield) so that they don't have to force a high pick in the draft.
Agree. Draft Harrison, sign vet, draft jj mccarthy.

I also think this is the way to go. I'm not sure the timeline on Cousins(injury-wise), but I'd love to sign him, draft Harrison and take a McCarthy or Daniels
I'm not sure about the timeline or, equally importantly, the cost for Cousins.

I don't think Harrison will be there at 3

I wouldn't be against Fashanu or Alt at 3, and McCarthy in the second. Or Nix, if by some miracle he makes it that far.

Any love for trading back a bit and then going for Jayden Daniels of LSU??
This is a erious question, but after watching Jalen Hurts and Tua this weekend, a big, strong dual threat QB would at least make the Pats "watchable" again add a veteran QB as well.

Is a comparison to Hurts lazy?
Not really. Both from Alabama, both mobile, both with a strong arm and both underrated passers. In my view, Milroe is a better passer than Hurts but it's still relatively early days. The pass Milroe threw to Isiah Bond at the end of the Iron Bowl (4th and goal from the 31 with 43 seconds left) wasn't so much dropped in a bucket but dropped in a soup pot. I can see the hype train building for him very soon.

So my thinking here: if picking in the top 2-3, take one of Maye/Williams if available.

Otherwise, if neither are available, next order of thinking:

Take Marvin Jr.

If Marvin's gone (this means we're likely picking at 4-5), trade down for extra capital.

If the trade value is not there, go with the top OT prospect.

I feel like if we aren't in a position for one of the QB's/top 3 guys, trading down seems like the right move. Would be sweet to find a way to pair both a new QB with a high-end OT prospect.

Anybody like Rattler??

McCarthy makes me nervous see a little Mac in him.

McCarthy makes me nervous see a little Mac in him.
That's how I feel about Ewers.

At least he's cut weight and got rid of that ridiculous mullet/ crop duster mustache.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back