PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 QB

I'd be up for Bo Nix. Bounced back extremely well after struggles at Auburn. Outside of Williams and Maye, he's next on my list i.e. ahead of Penix and others. Daniels from LSU is lighting it up but I'd worry about his frame in the NFL.

Don't be surprised if neither the Bears nor the Cardinals go for a QB early.

I can see both of them sticking with Fields and Murray over Maye and Williams.

That leaves the Giants. Would they take another ACC QB from one of the North Carolina schools?

One thing is certain: Marvin Harrison is going early.

Personally, none of the other QBs look good to me. Not Nix, not McCarthy. I'd almost prefer Penix. Worried about all these guys.

The person I like most is Caleb Williams. Short compact throwing motion, gets the ball out quick, mobile, strong arm. If you look at Maye, he has a wind up like Rick Mallet. A very mobile Mallet.

That leaves the Giants. Would they take another ACC QB from one of the North Carolina schools?

Personally, none of the other QBs look good to me. Not Nix, not McCarthy. I'd almost prefer Penix. Worried about all these guys.

The person I like most is Caleb Williams. Short compact throwing motion, gets the ball out quick, mobile, strong arm. If you look at Maye, he has a wind up like Rick Mallet. A very mobile Mallet.

Bears might have new management. The Cards already do. I think both go QB. New management brings in a new guy, tale old as time.

Bears might have new management. The Cards already do. I think both go QB. New management brings in a new guy, tale old as time.
the cards just gave KMurray a huge extension... they walk away from him, huge cap hit, even bigger dead money... they might not be in the qb market

Any concerns with Williams regarding how long he holds the football?

Any concerns with Williams regarding how long he holds the football?
Everything is going wrong with USC, but we saw how good he was last year when he had a functioning offense.

He may have a similar story to Marino. Heisman junior year, horrible senior year, lights the NFL up.

I think the only way we find a long-term answer this offseason is if we hold a top 2 pick, or happen to get get twice-a-decade lucky with a 2nd or 3rd round flyer.

If we pick 3rd or 4th, I'd rather draft Harrison or Bowers to build around, and pair that player with a QB/WR combo from the free agent and/or trade market, then to reach for one of the other guys.

Daniels from LSU is lighting it up but I'd worry about his frame in the NFL.
I think some time with a pro nutritionist and a pro strength and conditioning program could do a lot. Tall and skinny can be worked on easier than short/medium height and skinny.

Everything is going wrong with USC, but we saw how good he was last year when he had a functioning offense.

He may have a similar story to Marino. Heisman junior year, horrible senior year, lights the NFL up.
I think he's overrated. He's probably the 3rd qb I'd pick.
He's no Marino,that's for damn sure

Maye, Nix or McCarthy…who ever is available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

And Bo Nix throws 5 td’s in the first half, 6 for the game while being pulled in the 3rd quarter.

Dropped the football into Franklin like he was throwing into the bucket at Gillette on that 45 yard bomb. Split the defenders on his other one to Franklin.

Find the comparisons to Mac Jones laughable. At worst I see Purdy. Nix makes all the NFL throws that Mac can’t.

Mac Jones hasn’t worked out as well as it needed to.

So let’s get it started.

Bo Nix older prospect but I'm impressed with his poise and accuracy. Kid is already better than you know who.

And Bo Nix throws 5 td’s in the first half, 6 for the game while being pulled in the 3rd quarter.

Dropped the football into Franklin like he was throwing into the bucket at Gillette on that 45 yard bomb. Split the defenders on his other one to Franklin.

Find the comparisons to Mac Jones laughable. At worst I see Purdy. Nix makes all the NFL throws that Mac can’t.
I like Nix. Not my 1st choice but he's got potential.
Meanwhile, Maye was 16/36 today . Sucked.
Williams has sucked on numerous occasions and is very immature. I want no part of him.
Really, I feel like Penix is the safest bet.
And while I was typing this,Penix just dropped a 35yd bomb in the end zone in heavy rain fir a big lead vs. #11 Oregon State

Bo Nix older prospect but I'm impressed with his poise and accuracy. Kid is already better than you know who.
His play is ruining my hope of moving back into the first to take him after already drafting MHjr. He could be in the top 10 when it’s all said and done.

His play is ruining my hope of moving back into the first to take him after already drafting MHjr. He could be in the top 10 when it’s all said and done.
Bo Nix looks so pro ready it's scary. Ras what's your take on the WR's after MHjr.?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back