PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 2: Patriots Lose to Dolphins 24-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
A few thoughts:

1. A good way to not lose on heartbreaker technicalities is to be in the lead for a change

2. I can’t believe Mike McDaniel is 3-0 vs us.

3. Being 0-2 at home is going to be really hard to come back from. It’s week 2 and we’re staring at a wildcard at best practically.

Tua talking like he suffered another concussion.

7zi3ns.jpg

So - haven't reviewed the GDT, but I'll take a shot:

-Mac sucks and he is to blame
-BB the GM screwed us over
-The season is over
-Is not! Is too! Is not! Is too!
-We need to just tank for (Insert Flavor of the Month here)

Close?
Wow you got bingo

Waited half a second too long to start pushing.

The team is what we thought they would be. Right now in last place in the division.
Next week at the Jets will be tough. 0-3 is a real possibility here.
This team will be 3-3 headed into the Bills game......not sure if Dallas is for real, but that one might be tough

Mac Jones has had 5 4th quarter drives in the past 2 weeks with the opportunity to tie the game or take the lead.

He has 0 points on those 5 drives.

Vegas was spot on this is a 6 or 7 win football team, next week is a must win or the season unravels completely and they might not even win 6 games and the whole operation coach, quarterback, is at risk of losing their jobs.

Mac Jones is the same mediocre game manager bottom 10 quarterback he was the day he was drafted, he's not improved one single thing since his first month every throw he makes down the right of the field is a noodle armed floater.

Patriots football 21-23 Start slow offensively for 20 minutes and spot teams double digit lead, commit some kind of brutal turnover and then rally in the middle of the game and then not score in the final 8 minutes of the game and lose, that's what this team does against playoff teams over and over with Mac as the quarterback.

Mac came up short, again. I can think of three poor decisions. First was him calling an audible into a sweep run on third and short which got blown up. There was also the INT and throwing short of the sticks on fourth down. I get that there might not be separation from the other receivers but you’ve gotta take a shot.

Bill continued the mind numbing trend of benching players who can help us win. Douglas is our only receiver who can make plays on his own and gets yards after catch.

Some questionable calls from O’Brien with constantly using screens to a slower possession receiver like JuJu.

The defense was mostly decent, they gave us multiple chances to win.

Bright spot was obviously Christian Gonzalez. IMO Tyreke Hill is the best receiver in the game. If you can slow down a guy like that you are already a legitimate #1 CB.

Last edited:
How were we even in this game with all the ineptitude? I don't blame Mac but I'm certain he's not the answer at QB1. I hate BB not playing Pop because the mistake, reminiscent of not playing Butler against the Eagles. OL sucks, hopefully we can get everyone back together strong and see what we can do with this Patriots edition. I think we can still do something this season and, at a minimum, build towards next year with better pieces.

The team is what we thought they would be. Right now in last place in the division.
Next week at the Jets will be tough. 0-3 is a real possibility here.

No matter the call or what ifs, we all know Mac is not th guy. He will be a decent backup on the league but he will never be the guy who'll lead his team to a SB.

We are better off tanking this season for a top 3 pick.

The NFL might as well get Monkeys to make the calls, it would be just as accurate and consistent. AI will change officiating forever if I actually believed leagues would allow it to be implemented. These games aren't watchable, and neither is Mac Jones.

Barmore did what tonight? On the radio, Zo ragged on Godchaux a number of times. It was deserved. Big contract and didn’t make plays tonight.
Was all over the field on the early part of the game and had other plays where he was part of freeing up a couple of others to make the tackle. Also made the key tackle last week on that 3rd down play down the stretch. He's actually played pretty well so far.

So - haven't reviewed the GDT, but I'll take a shot:

-Mac sucks and he is to blame
-BB the GM screwed us over
-The season is over
-Is not! Is too! Is not! Is too!
-We need to just tank for (Insert Flavor of the Month here)

Close?
Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

The people who insist this is all the QB's fault....you guys are pretty bad at this football analysis thing. This is not an individual sport. Mac didn't fumble. He didn't miss blocking assignments. How many positions do you think the guy plays?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back