PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 TB12 Speculation

I don’t see him going to Miami that ship has sailed. SF would be interesting. Have they given up on Lance?

Still likely this is his last season imo.

I don’t see him going to Miami that ship has sailed. SF would be interesting. Have they given up on Lance?
IMHO they have. It was very telling that they kept Garoppolo around.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
IMHO they have. It was very telling that they kept Garoppolo around.
What a horrible trade for the 49ers. If they stayed put and drafted Micah Parsons that Def would be a nightmare and that team would be good enough to win with Jimmy

Considering some of the prospects mentioned in the thread:

Tampa:
  • Pros: He's got the system set up to be all about him and his needs, they really need him to stay so they can push his salary cap hit another year down the road
  • Cons: Their players are aging and demanding higher salaries, their window is closing, they're showing they won't be able to give him another SB trophy, his house is on the market, it'll always be a reminder of his failed marriage in his mind

SF:
  • Pros: Strong talent on both sides of the ball, Tom's dream destination
  • Cons: Suicide for Lynch et al if they bring in a carpetbagger after putting so many draft assets on the table for Lance, not sure how well Tom can coexist with Shanahan

LV:
  • Pros: Decent talent, more so on offense than defense.
  • Cons: Would Tom put up with Josh being his coach after he's had free reign in Tampa? Would Josh take Tom in knowing Tom would probably get him pushed out the door just like Arians?
Indy:
  • Pros: None I can identify.
  • Cons: It's Indy. Nothing more to say.
Miami:
  • Pros: Clearly a place he wanted to be, at least before the divorce
  • Cons: It would mean the end of Tua and Daniels, who are on the rise, and cost a lot of money.

Here's a wild card I haven't seen mentioned:

Da Jete:
  • Pros: Decent amount of talent, he gives himself a chance stick it to Bob and Bill, young coaching staff he could boss around or get fired, he could stick it to Gisele by being seen out on the town with hotties while she's home with the kids, it's NYC
  • Cons: Woody Johnson and the rest of da Jete swamp stank

Last edited:
I guess we're all presuming the FOX gig will just get put on ice because his ego is now engaged and he's going to want to prove himself all over again?

Tom looks checked out. It may be because he’s getting tired of his WR’s always hobbling around, his new HC, the GM not doing a very good job addressing weaknesses, or his personal life is hard to keep out of the lock room. Tampa is done and it’s time for Tom to jump ship.

I think Vegas is a serious contender. They have a good enough roster and I see McDaniels sweating big time if they end this season with a losing record.

MIA would be a good spot too if they can get a real RB there. Hill, Waddle, Wilson and Geseki is a good group to throw to.

SF was built like Tampa before McCaffrey. Good WR’s, pedestrian RB, excellent front 7, but a bad secondary. If San Fran doesn’t finish the season well, Kyle may reconsider signing Tom.

He leads the NFL in percentage of on-target throws per pass attempt at 81.6%. And because you'll say something stupid like "he dinks and dunks", he's 4th in total yards completed passes traveled in the air past the line of scrimmage before being caught.

Regarding where Brady plays next year (in order of probability):

Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Indianapolis
Miami
New Orleans
Detroit

Can you imagine him playing in Detroit for that bonehead coach? That would be must-see entertainment.

I hope he hangs it up after this season, for his sake. But who the hell knows.

Still playing miles better than Zappe or Mac

Not in terms of team results. Besides that, Zappe and Mac have stable relationships. :)

It’s like those romantic Drama back in the day. They are in love the something happened and a the end both realized that they were better together and happy ending
Sounds like a plotline kraft can buy into.

I don't believe Tampa is a destination at all. Now with Giselle potentially out of the picture, he is not tied to any particular location. I still think Miami but could see San Fran or Vegas too.
Do you follow Florio on twitter?

I don’t see him going anywhere
It looks like his issues at home influence his poise for the Sport rn, i mein he is still playing on a high Level but i don’t think he is going anywhere but retirement

I don’t see him going anywhere
It looks like his issues at home influence his poise for the Sport rn, i mein he is still playing on a high Level but i don’t think he is going anywhere but retirement
Now that Gisele's gone he'll play till 50 if his body allows it. I know that I never thought that I'd see any NYFL player play close to that long but I wouldn't put it past Brady. It would be a real honest to goodness irony if Brady outlasted Bill and his let 'em go early philosophy.

Now that Gisele's gone he'll play till 50 if his body allows it. I know that I never thought that I'd see any NYFL player play close to that long but I wouldn't put it past Brady. It would be a real honest to goodness irony if Brady outlasted Bill and his let 'em go early philosophy.
as a viewer i hope i can see brady play as long as possible

MIA could get Brady and fix their RB problems via the Pats RB who won't be extended with a big contract.

He can’t even play well at the age of 45…

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
He can’t even play well at the age of 45…
rodgers with 81 passing yards against washington and younger...i think we can say for certain both can't play and should hang it up immediately

Refs throwing a blizzard of flags to get Rogers a comeback W.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back