PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 TB12 Speculation

Forget 2023, trading Brady to SF right now would make a lot of sense. Of course, I think SF only has a 2024 7th rounder available to trade though....

Forget 2023, trading Brady to SF right now would make a lot of sense. Of course, I think SF only has a 2024 7th rounder available to trade though....

Why would SF want to downgrade their QB?

Can you imagine him playing in Detroit for that bonehead coach?
Dan Campbell is probably on track to get fired... Detroit is a 2 win team.

Brady's current head coach is completely worthless. Brady's going to be more useful than pretty much any head coach he'll have at this point in his career. With the way things are going in Tampa Bay right now, Bowles looks like a huge mistake, he's just so clueless, and I'm sure Brady is sick of idiot head coaches getting in his way. Seems like he was hoping to hook up with Sean Payton, who is a head coach that Brady probably considers on his level. Who knows at this point... I think Brady has an ideal vision of how things should look and he has no patience for anything less... it may finally drive him into retirement.

Bowels AND Leftwich are failures. When TFB was on a roll with elite WRs and Ground in the 2020 season their mistakes were covered up. TFB was having fun and after the annual loss to the Saints Tommy Boy led the offense to victory. Once they lost key DL and OL players in 2022 their coaching skills were not able to add value to the lesser players remaining.

Dan Campbell is probably on track to get fired... Detroit is a 2 win team.

Brady's current head coach is completely worthless. Brady's going to be more useful than pretty much any head coach he'll have at this point in his career. With the way things are going in Tampa Bay right now, Bowles looks like a huge mistake, he's just so clueless, and I'm sure Brady is sick of idiot head coaches getting in his way. Seems like he was hoping to hook up with Sean Payton, who is a head coach that Brady probably considers on his level. Who knows at this point... I think Brady has an ideal vision of how things should look and he has no patience for anything less... it may finally drive him into retirement.

LOL, Tommy is in charge of Tampa. All failures are on him

If that were the case then the Bucs would have been using their timeouts in the 4th quarter while Bowles was sleepwalking on the sideline. Brady has nothing to do with the defense... that's on Bowles. Brady also isn't making in game decisions that are typically handled by the head coach and coaching staff. Who's the moron who ran the same play on 3rd-and-4th-and-1? And didn't just take a FG there in a low scoring game? I'm guessing Leftwich and Bowles respectively. The offensive play-calling in general has been bland and predictable. They run the same two basic running plays and neither works. The only time the offense looks even decent is when they're going uptempo but of course they're not doing it enough.

The only way Brady could have better placed that pass to Evans is if he had ran down the field and handed it off to him. That was an embarrassing drop. And the Bucs have the most incompetent running game in the entire NFL... that's not on Brady either.

49ers are kind of screwed. Jimmy isn’t the guy, which they’ve known for years, and Lance is a mystery box with the clock ticking on him.

Pats should trade their starting RB to Tampa for a 2023 2nd and throw in a Belichick son to sweeten the deal. No?

You can't have it both ways.
When Tampa wins you say it's the all star cast around him, but when he loses all failures are on him?
Which is it? Because if the losses are all on him then the Superbowl he got he gets majority of the credit too. (which is not the case it is the ultimate team game)

Brady with SF is dangerous Samuel/Aiyuk/Kittle with CMC in the back field and mike baling plays sheesh

You can't have it both ways.
When Tampa wins you say it's the all star cast around him, but when he loses all failures are on him?
Which is it? Because if the losses are all on him then the Superbowl he got he gets majority of the credit too. (which is not the case it is the ultimate team game)

He got rid of his HC and had a puppet in Bowles installed so he could get his way. He is the QB and OC. Whom do you think the players are going to listen to, Brady or Leftwhich? Brady has plenty of talent around him now. He was the guy who chose not to attend all the training camp practices and take Wednesdays off, remember?

He got rid of his HC and had a puppet in Bowles installed so he could get his way. He is the QB and OC. Whom do you think the players are going to listen to, Brady or Leftwhich? Brady has plenty of talent around him now. He was the guy who chose not to attend all the training camp practices and take Wednesdays off, remember?
Players and coaches have both said that TB calls the plays however Leftwich calls it. He can always audible and play much better than he is I do agree there. He missed 11 days not all of training camp and he's practiced every Wednesdays besides 1.

If that were the case then the Bucs would have been using their timeouts in the 4th quarter while Bowles was sleepwalking on the sideline. Brady has nothing to do with the defense... that's on Bowles. Brady also isn't making in game decisions that are typically handled by the head coach and coaching staff. Who's the moron who ran the same play on 3rd-and-4th-and-1? And didn't just take a FG there in a low scoring game? I'm guessing Leftwich and Bowles respectively. The offensive play-calling in general has been bland and predictable. They run the same two basic running plays and neither works. The only time the offense looks even decent is when they're going uptempo but of course they're not doing it enough.

The only way Brady could have better placed that pass to Evans is if he had ran down the field and handed it off to him. That was an embarrassing drop. And the Bucs have the most incompetent running game in the entire NFL... that's not on Brady either.
Isn't it strange how some people look for even the slightest hint of a mistake to knock Brady, even some of the Pats fans. It's like nobody ever learns in spite of seeing it right in front of their eyes. Every time I see him play I have to remind myself that he's 45.

The old saying goes something like this: Coaches don't win games, players do. Coaches can only lose them. That saying gets more validation with every NYFL game that I watch. Luckily for Pats fans, Bill doesn't make those kind of mistakes. His mistakes are more GM related, though he doesn't get any prizes for the way he handled the QBs last night.

No one cares about training camp right now so your irrelevant takes aside. Brady's not taking Wednesdays off either.

You're acting like Brady is in the midst of some sort of freefall. He's not. Their offense has two glaring issues... running game and red zone. The passing game is contributing to the red zone issues but is mostly fine otherwise. Brady's TDs are down but he has 1 INT and a league leading INT% of 0.3% (second is Jalen Hurts at 1.1%). Not turning the ball over is huge... just ask Mac Jones who apparently has trashed his reputation with his coaching staff because he can't stop turning the ball over. You do realize that Brady has 8 TDs and 1 INT while the Patriots quarterbacks have combined for 7 TDs and 9 INTs... you tell me which is much better.

No one cares about training camp right now so your irrelevant takes aside. Brady's not taking Wednesdays off either.

You're acting like Brady is in the midst of some sort of freefall. He's not. Their offense has two glaring issues... running game and red zone. The passing game is contributing to the red zone issues but is mostly fine otherwise. Brady's TDs are down but he has 1 INT and a league leading INT% of 0.3% (second is Jalen Hurts at 1.1%). Not turning the ball over is huge... just ask Mac Jones who apparently has trashed his reputation with his coaching staff because he can't stop turning the ball over. You do realize that Brady has 8 TDs and 1 INT while the Patriots quarterbacks have combined for 7 TDs and 9 INTs... you tell me which is much better.
Eh the Patriots offense looks much smoother than the Bucs so I wouldn't even compare stats

If we looked a QB performances this year and took the names out of the equation, any impartial analysis would put Brady in the top-10 in the League. While that is not up to his usual level of excellence, he is certainly not making a fool of himself out there like some agenda-driven mediots want us to believe.

At this point last year, Brady had 21 touchdowns, so keep telling yourself Brady is having a good season.

Why do you keep bringing Mac up when the topic is Brady?

I think with Gisele no longer whining about his football, he can now play a few more years and pad his records
I'm all for Brady chasing his longtime dream of playing for the 49rs for one season then I hope he calls it a career.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back