Regarding where Brady plays next year (in order of probability):

Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Indianapolis
Miami
New Orleans
Detroit
San Francisco is the best bet imo. However, their fo has already soon a meh attitude towards Brady and still might very much be in heated love with Lance.

Tampa Bay can't be counted out but not with the status quo. I can see them go for a hail mary named Sean Peyton. It's the only way Brady comes back.

Miami seems set so I don't see it unless the rest of their season goes south.

I guess for the rest, we'll have to see how the season goes.

Brady back the Pats next year who says no.

Your next team?
You bet.
I'm also rooting for Zappe but he needs this year to learn. Mac should play this year but he's not the long term answer.

Pats say no. BB doesn't want a 1-2 year fix, he's trying to build the next dynasty.
Bill wants to pass Shula and retire. if he wants to build the next dynasty he’s gonna be around for a long time then. It’s not happening anytime soon

Oh BB won’t be there in this scenario.
You might have stated that assumption earlier, no?

If BB is gone, TB12 next season makes no sense at all.

There isn't enough raw talent here to attract TB12 and without Bill the coaching advantage goes away too.

Brady back the Pats next year who says no.

If you are going to make a change at QB, you want a significant upgrade. Brady at this point is not that. Best thing Pats could do is hope for someone to fall to them in the draft.

Eh the Patriots offense looks much smoother than the Bucs so I wouldn't even compare stats
I'm comparing the quarterbacks, where frankly, the Bucs have a huge advantage. Brady is significantly outperforming the combination of Mac and Zappe. As for the entire offenses, yes, the Patriots have had the better o-line and much better running game. But I still have much more faith in the Bucs offense with Brady at quarterback.

At this point last year, Brady had 21 touchdowns, so keep telling yourself Brady is having a good season.

Why do you keep bringing Mac up when the topic is Brady?
The quarterbacks are an obvious comparison. I know you want to erase it from your memory but Brady was the quarterback in New England for 18 seasons. Mac is supposedly the next guy so comparisons are going to be made.

Tampa Bay can't be counted out but not with the status quo. I can see them go for a hail mary named Sean Peyton. It's the only way Brady comes back.
Payton with the Bucs is an interesting idea. I'd love to see it right now. I'm not sure Payton would want to come back into a situation with a quarterback at the very end of his career. Had the original Miami deal worked out then he could have had 3 seasons with Brady, whereas now he'd be starting a collaboration with a 46-year-old quarterback. He probably would prefer an opportunity with a young-ish franchise quarterback at this point.

The quarterbacks are an obvious comparison. I know you want to erase it from your memory but Brady was the quarterback in New England for 18 seasons. Mac is supposedly the next guy so comparisons are going to be made.

Still waiting for that MVP season from Brady that you predicted...

Pats say no. BB doesn't want a 1-2 year fix, he's trying to build the next dynasty.
The Pats already said no to Brady. Plus, he said that he'd never play in the northeast.

If Bill's trying to build the next dynasty he's going about it the wrong way. There are too many missed opportunities with the draft (Wynn and Harry have been disasters) and letting players walk over a few dollars while paying himself as a King is just not a good look, or very successful.

Also, when he had a subservient type GOAT like Brady he could get away with having lesser players and making mistakes, but they can't now, even though in his mind and his coaches minds maybe they think they can.

Btw, they look as disorganized and as confused as ever and they also seem to be missing a top QB. Other than that Bill's doing great at building his next dynasty, which will be his first without Brady

It's about the players, always has been and always will be.

The Pats already said no to Brady. Plus, he said that he'd never play in the northeast.
Fair enough, we agree NE is not a destination for Brady.

Then Tampa will suck donkey balls next year, they are barely keeping their head above water with the GOAT QB.

Btw, they look as disorganized and as confused as ever and they also seem to be missing a top QB. Other than that Bill's doing great at building his next dynasty, which will be his first without Brady

Yeah I'm in the boat of players>coaches, but you do need some decent coaching to get the most out of the players. Bucs have horrific coaching at the moment

Payton with the Bucs is an interesting idea. I'd love to see it right now. I'm not sure Payton would want to come back into a situation with a quarterback at the very end of his career. Had the original Miami deal worked out then he could have had 3 seasons with Brady, whereas now he'd be starting a collaboration with a 46-year-old quarterback. He probably would prefer an opportunity with a young-ish franchise quarterback at this point.
I don't really know why Peyton retired from the Saints but it seemed to me that he just wanted to step back from the grind of coaching a NFL team.

I don't think coming back for a long term commitment is a priority for him. What I think is a priority for him is 1 more SB. After his one SB, Brees was coming short year after year and I don't think Peyton is satisfied ending it that way. So like Brady, if he comes back it's year to year.

Sean Peyton is going to the chargers and it will be an easy choice for him dudes already attending games

If BB is gone, TB12 next season makes no sense at all.

There isn't enough raw talent here to attract TB12 and without Bill the coaching advantage goes away too.

Actually makes some sense in a hypothetical where Bill is gone.

Brady returns to save the Patriots one last time (without Bill, the ultimate revenge storyline) to an owner he know deep down still adores him (guy was at his wedding) and eats crow while getting to hand pick absolutely whatever coach (eg: Sean Payton) he wants.

Yeah I'm in the boat of players>coaches, but you do need some decent coaching to get the most out of the players. Bucs have horrific coaching at the moment
Maybe I'm coming on too strong about this. Of course coaching is important, but I think poor coaching can be overcome with good players but not the other way around. Maybe the poor coaching decisions stand out more to me than they should.

I'd like to have Sean Payton succeed BB on the Patriots and do his rebuild.

Actually makes some sense in a hypothetical where Bill is gone.

Brady returns to save the Patriots one last time (without Bill, the ultimate revenge storyline) to an owner he know deep down still adores him (guy was at his wedding) and eats crow while getting to hand pick absolutely whatever coach (eg: Sean Payton) he wants.
That is a big reach, IMO. Tom has said he does not want to play in the northeast. I think the Kraft side would also be really reluctant about bringing Tom back after seeing what he has become in Tampa. They also know Payton will want a huge salary, is still under contract with NO so they will want draft picks, and Payton will want his own players and coaches so a lot of salaries will have to be eaten. Also the football situation isn't right for Brady. He wants to walk into a team whose window is opening and is loaded with skill position players, and that is not where we are at right now. MIA with Tyreek Hill, Waddle, Gesicki (sp?) and warm weather is a much better fit for what he wants, IMO.

At the end of the day, if Tom can't find a team whose window is open and is willing to sign him, there always is that FOX job waiting for him. It might not be the kind of ending he wants to his playing days, but still, it is a smooth transition to a gig that most ex-players would love to have. Far better than ending his days on the plastic carpet of Indianapolis with all the screaming hayseeds, having to end his career in the house that Payton Manning built.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back