PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Week 5 - New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jc has looked good today.

Patriots bordering on worst team in the NFL territory
I legitimately think they may overall be the worst. I previously thought that'd have been the Bears, Jets, Panthers or Broncos at minimum, but all of those teams have bounced back to some level and shown an ability to do literally anything on offense. Pats are going the other direction despite competition getting easier.

When Ian and Ross go negative you know it's awful out there.
They started out optimistic but then reality hit.

Look even I picked this game to be a low scoring affair where we eked out a victory before the game began.

It turns out that I underestimated just how AWFUL we are offensively.

The only low scoring team here is the Patriots!

Mac and O'Brien talked all week about getting back to fundamentals. I haven't seen much of a change there, even when he has had some time. Most throws have either been flat-footed today, or him falling back. Save for a couple, he's not stepping into anything consistently, at least not from what I've seen.

Even the D has given up.

Almost, we need Carolina to get a dub. ATM they have the inside track on the #1 overall pick.
You mean the Bears have the inside track since they own that pick.

And now Kamara runs over our defenders for the 1st down!

This game feels even more embarrassing than the Cowboys loss if that's possible!

Mac and O'Brien talked all week about getting back to fundamentals. I haven't seen much of a change there, even when he has had some time. Most throws have either been flat-footed today, or him falling back. Save for a couple, he's not stepping into anything consistently, at least not from what I've seen.
He has clearly regressed. It happens when QBs lose all confidence and become scared.

I've seen zero change. BOB said all the right things but nothing is different. So either BOB is full of gas, Mac didn't absorb any of it, or Mac reverted back to baseline as soon as he got hit. I'm guessing it's the last one. Nothing BOB can do about that if he's so mentally weak.

Blame it on the rain that was fallin', fallin'
Blame it on the stars that didn't shine that night
Whatever you do, don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah
You can blame it on the rain

Three injured offensive players. Sketchy.

Anyone hear from the poster Mac10, who's BS I've had to endure the past few years? Lol.

I don't think he's getting coaching on his mechanics.

Trent Brown doesn't feel like playing anymore
Then next year Miami will pick him up and he’ll play great. Just like Isaiah Wynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes