PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 NFL Combine Thread

jays52

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the combine kicking off today here is a thread to act as a bucket for the topic.

Today is DL and LB's testing

Some early notes from the day.
-Jalen Carter returns to combine to address issues

-Calijah Klancey runs a 4.67 40, Bresee and Dexter both sub 5.0

A few DL guys just ran some incredibly quick times

I don't know where he is on draft boards but Byron Young ran a 4.51 and a 4.48 jeez

Edit: this is the Tennessee one

Last edited:
I've barely had a chance to follow the draft this year, but I wanted to tune in to the Combine. Since when is it hidden behind a paywall? I'm really disappointed that I can't watch it on the NFL website anymore. :(

Georgia Edge Defender Nolan Smith runs a 4.44 40 and posts a 41.5" vertical jump.

He also smashed his phone after that, was super pissed.. when asked why he said he wasn't running full speed, he's been training and felt he could've been faster.

That's nuts... he made that run look almost effortless.

Yaya Diabi was another one i watched live had a 4.54 (I think)

This is most impressive. And he will lift 30+ reps guranteed. Smith is 44 lbs lighter.

I'm going to go try to find his senior bowl tape that is outrageous athleticism. Could fill that need for a larger edge.

The NFL has updated Nolan Smith's official 40 time to a pedestrian 4.39

I know it's the NFL who's tweeting it, but it still says a U next to the 4.39. I'll wait until it's official official not NFL intern tweeting official.

I know it's the NFL who's tweeting it, but it still says a U next to the 4.39. I'll wait until it's official official not NFL intern tweeting official.
Good call.

Personally I believe training technology, general knowledge and availability of pre combine training is leading to just a more perfected craft of these skills/athletic test by a much larger number of invites. Now days prospects start training for the combine years before they commit to the draft, not just the several months leading up to It. Its probably more important than ever to truly do your due diligence on a players actual game/field speed.

4.39. That's freakin' fast for a big man. Safe to say the man's stock will rise. Where was he ranked before @BaconGrundleCandy ?
Stock Market Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

Personally I believe training technology, general knowledge and availability of pre combine training is leading to just a more perfected craft of these skills/athletic test by a much larger number of invites. Now days prospects start training for the combine years before they commit to the draft, not just the several months leading up to It. Its probably more important than ever to truly do your due diligence on a players actual game/field speed.
Of course, but naturally, every generation is more athletic than the previous. I think we're just seeing it more pronounced now that we're getting deeper into gen z coming of age.

I don't know where he is on draft boards but Byron Young ran a 4.51 and a 4.48 jeez

Edit: this is the Tennessee one

Yep, and he just made himself some money the last couple of days... Nick Herbig, OTOH, did Not.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back