PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 NFL Combine Thread

Might be like N'Keal Harry.

N'Keal Harry didn't run a Sub 4.4-40. Nor did Harry top 40" in vertical.

Bryce Ford-Wheaton isn't projected as a 1st/2nd round pick the way Harry was..

Just to reinforce what I've been saying about Anton Harrison moving up in the estimation of draft geeks, Harrison is now projected as the top tackle taken in this mock: 2023 NFL mock draft 5.0: Anthony Richardson vaults way up, while Jalen Carter 'slides' to team that trades back

One more thing, Darnell Wright and Dawand Jones have moved into the 1st round in this guy's estimations. This leaves Matthew Bergeron as the only 2nd round graded tackle.

It would mean that the Patriots have to take a tackle because they will go fast. I was hoping we had 4 options in the 2nd round so we could go BPA, but if everyone is putting a premium on tackles, you're out of luck. Also, Richardson is going to go so no one is going to trade up for the Patriots pick to select Richardson.

This tall kid from BYU made himself some money with his Combine performances. Eerily similar to Lane Johnson coming out of Oklahoma.

Except Freeland is even a tad more explosive. A 37” vertical is ridiculous.

Isn’t it too bad he projects more as a RT? Or am I wrong here?

I don’t envision Blake Freeland dropping out of the first.

Freeland couldn't handle power at Left Tackle during the Senior Bowl; he'd likely fare worse as a Right Tackle in the NFL.

Strong has talent but doesn't look the part of a 3rd down receiving back (to me). Need a super quick shifty guy cause so many of their receptions are in traffic. The Eagles got a perfect guy in Kenneth Gainwell in the 5th round 2 years ago.

I think our backfield will be: Stevenson as the feature back, Strong as the 2nd back (replacing Damien Harris), Kevin Harris as the all around depth back, and a new 3rd down receiving back (not sure via FA or draft).

Evan.

Hull.

Just to reinforce what I've been saying about Anton Harrison moving up in the estimation of draft geeks, Harrison is now projected as the top tackle taken in this mock: 2023 NFL mock draft 5.0: Anthony Richardson vaults way up, while Jalen Carter 'slides' to team that trades back

One more thing, Darnell Wright and Dawand Jones have moved into the 1st round in this guy's estimations. This leaves Matthew Bergeron as the only 2nd round graded tackle.

It would mean that the Patriots have to take a tackle because they will go fast. I was hoping we had 4 options in the 2nd round so we could go BPA, but if everyone is putting a premium on tackles, you're out of luck. Also, Richardson is going to go so no one is going to trade up for the Patriots pick to select Richardson.

I like Harrison, a lot... But Broderick Jones & Paris Johnson are the better prospects.

I think our backfield will be: Stevenson as the feature back, Strong as the 2nd back (replacing Damien Harris), Kevin Harris as the all around depth back, and a new 3rd down receiving back (not sure via FA or draft).
isn't Montgomery still under contract? I personally never thought he was good enough but the team seemed to like him

isn't Montgomery still under contract? I personally never thought he was good enough but the team seemed to like him

He is indeed under contract; but you're right, he isn't good enough.

One of our picks; may as well be set in stone.

I didn't watch Rutgers and I can't find anywhere for sure, but I don't think he handles kickoffs. I think with Folk that will be important.

Sign the dude... Just don't use a draft pick on him.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back