PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Red Sox

OFC it's far too early for any sort of hand wringing. But when has that ever stopped Sox fans?

True, especially early in the season before resignation sets in. Which is followed by a run of success and "I knew it all along."

Weird decision not to show it. I don't get it.

You don't get it, I don't get it, a lot of folks don't get it. The real question is does it surprise you at all? 'Cause NGL, nothing out of Henry/Werner surprises me anymore. And to think we all used to blame most of the BS on Lucchino but he got pushed out and the smallness continues.
This ownership has shown itself to be almost childishly petty time after time, this is just more of the same.

True, especially early in the season before resignation sets in. Which is followed by a run of success and "I knew it all along."

So you're saying you've seen this movie before?

So you're saying you've seen this movie before?

Well, it's been played 117 times and I've been around for more than half so, yeah.

Well, it's been played 117 times and I've been around for more than half so, yeah.

Cripes you're an old bas...
(oh wait... younger than me...NVM)

Whitlock with a surprise start today, so far has thrown 3 no hit innings with 6 K's on only 36 pitches.

Last edited:
Whitlock with a surprise start today cand so far has thrown 3 no hit innings with 6 K's on only 36 pitches.

Kid looked great out there. I understand not wanting to use him up but I hated seeing him pulled

Meanwhile 5 Tampa pitchers have no hit the Sox thru 8 1/2 innings

Kid looked great out there. I understand not wanting to use him up but I hated seeing him pulled

MLB needs to limit the number of pitchers in a game, period.

Damn, an error giving Tampa an extra out and they win on a walk off homer.

Sox 3rd baseman should be playing first
Sox shortstop should be playing 3rd
Sox 2nd baseman should be playing shortstop
Sox 1st basemen should both be in minors (BA of .153 and .000)
Sox DH is cashed
Sox RF should be in CF.....for another team....making 1/10th his current salary
Sox CF has .603 OPS
Sox catcher is cashed (.470 OPS)
Sox hitting coach should be fired

Team OPS is .621 (22nd in MLB)

On the positive side, Chaim got LF right

Man this offense is hard to watch right now. Not what I expected

Man this offense is hard to watch right now. Not what I expected
Its embarrassing,, the 6-9 hitters all hitting under .200

tough to watch right now. poor baseball so far this season. I wonder if Casas will get a call up soon since he is hitting the ball well lately

Oh well these games don't count opening day is really tomorrow amirite?

After just checking out today's Sox box score I was overjoyed to discover our leadoff hitter Hernandez is hitting .178 and our new $140 million dollar 2nd baseman is hitting.198, Wacha is going to the Dl and Chris Sale has a setback and the Caines just went ahead, So being depressed I've concluded its time to blow it up. Trade Xander, Martinez .... for future young pitching and give the kids a chance to see what they can do.

After just checking out today's Sox box score I was overjoyed to discover our leadoff hitter Hernandez is hitting .178 and our new $140 million dollar 2nd baseman is hitting.198, Wacha is going to the Dl and Chris Sale has a setback and the Caines just went ahead, So being depressed I've concluded its time to blow it up. Trade Xander, Martinez .... for future young pitching and give the kids a chance to see what they can do.
not sure how much you get for Xander and JD. JD is gone after this year anyway and Xander wants to break the bank in his next contract. I agree though, get what you can for these two because they wont be here next year anyway

not sure how much you get for Xander and JD. JD is gone after this year anyway and Xander wants to break the bank in his next contract. I agree though, get what you can for these two because they wont be here next year anyway
Yes, I love my prospects but I just would like to see Casas and Fitzgerald sharing the DH as soon as possible so as to get the needed major league experience,, Moving Story to SS allows Jeter Downs to audition for the 2nd baseman's job. If the Sox have no interest in resigning Eovaldi, trade him and allow Seabold and Bello among others to get some starts. I don't know if Hernandez has any trade value right now so I would consider just releasing him and tell Duran the job is yours for the rest of the season.

1652129447136.png

6 spots out of 9 batting less than .218 :yuck:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back