PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Red Sox

Plus their facing a young inexperienced Twins pitcher named Joe Ryan who is making his 7th career start. Nice to see Trevor Story is healthy and back in the starting line-up.

You love those prospects. Duran isn't half the player kike is. and dalbec isn't half the hitter jd is. what you describe above. Is a nightmare.
Its been a great start for Sox prospects. Alex Binelas has 3Hrs in 5 games and David Hamilton is hitting .500 going 7 for 7 in steals, both players were involved in the JBJ trade. Jay Groome threw 5 scoreless one hit innings in his first start. Worcester 7-1 probably could beat the Orioles right now.

Its been a great start for Sox prospects. Alex Binelas has 3Hrs in 5 games and David Hamilton is hitting .500 going 7 for 7 in steals, both players were involved in the JBJ trade. Jay Groome threw 5 scoreless one hit innings in his first start. Worcester 7-1 probably could beat the Orioles right now.
That's wonderful minor league baseball:rolleyes:. The Red Sox aren't the rays. They should keep some of the players they develop once in a while that have been extremely successful. If they don't sign two or three of their soon-to-be free agents. That's a fail. Replacing kike and JD with Duran and dalbec doesn't do anything for me lol.

That's wonderful minor league baseball:rolleyes:. The Red Sox aren't the rays. They should keep some of the players they develop once in a while that have been extremely successful. If they don't sign two or three of their soon-to-be free agents. That's a fail. Replacing kike and JD with Duran and dalbec doesn't do anything for me lol.
IMO you are overrating JD and Kike. Kike is a lifetime .241 hitter who has never exceeded 64 RBIs in a season. JD will be 35 next year, how much longer will he perform at a $20 million dollar level? Use your savings for signing Devers next year provided he stays away from Chipotle.

IMO you are overrating JD and Kike. Kike is a lifetime .241 hitter who has never exceeded 64 RBIs in a season. JD will be 35 next year, how much longer will he perform at a $20 million dollar level? Use your savings for signing Devers next year provided he stays away from Chipotle.
I'm not overrating them. You are overrating Duran and dalbec. There is no excuse not to keep kike. Both of these guy most likely won't command huge contracts. And 35 is young for a DH. Signing one or both of these players shouldn't prevent the team from signing devers.

Weird decision not to show it. I don't get it.
Not really, Saux management loathes Orsillo

The franchise has a long tradition of backstabbing & petty behavior toward former players, managers.................and now broadcasters

Nomar concurs
Terry Francona concurs
etc
etc
etc
-------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Found this "Jeff van Gully" post on Sons Of Sam Horn message board

"This is bringing up a lot of memories about what happened 6-7 years ago...

Not sure how many know this but Dave O'Brien had been angling for Orsillo's job for years and NESN had been planning on moving O'Brien in. He basically back-stabbed Orsillo to get the job. Remember that Orsillo wasn't trying to leave when they booted him.

Unlike Orsillo, O'Brien is not well liked by many in the Red Sox media. I was told this by a number of media members upon O'Brien's ascension in 2016. Everyone saw and understood what went down.

What O'Brien and NESN did to Don Orsillo was a disgrace back then and how NESN and the Red Sox treated him for the Remy ceremony is just a continuation of that. There is a petty vindictiveness threaded NESN/Red Sox/Orsillo's final year and seeing a Sox VP and her husband trashing him is a great highlight of this."

Last edited:
Not really, Saux management loathes Orsillo

The franchise has a long tradition of backstabbing & petty behavior toward former players, managers.................and now broadcasters

Nomar concurs
Terry Francona concurs
etc
etc
etc
-------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Found this "Jeff van Gully" post on Sons Of Sam Horn message board

"This is bringing up a lot of memories about what happened 6-7 years ago...

Not sure how many know this but Dave O'Brien had been angling for Orsillo's job for years and NESN had been planning on moving O'Brien in. He basically back-stabbed Orsillo to get the job. Remember that Orsillo wasn't trying to leave when they booted him.

Unlike Orsillo, O'Brien is not well liked by many in the Red Sox media. I was told this by a number of media members upon O'Brien's ascension in 2016. Everyone saw and understood what went down.

What O'Brien and NESN did to Don Orsillo was a disgrace back then and how NESN and the Red Sox treated him for the Remy ceremony is just a continuation of that. There is a petty vindictiveness threaded NESN/Red Sox/Orsillo's final year and seeing a Sox VP and her husband trashing him is a great highlight of this."
And people ask. How can you hate Red Sox ownership? When they brought 4 titles. Don't forget, they made Jerry Remy apologize for suggesting the Yankee's Japanese pitcher[his name escapes me]. Should learn a little English. So he can communicate with his teammates and coaches on the mound. After being on the team for three years. It takes a special kind of assholes. To make a fan base hate them. After winning four titles.

Its still early but what changes need to be made for the 6-7 Red Sox? I remember reading this spring about how confident Dalbec was about fixing his flaws yet he's floundering at .175. Seabold has had 3 good starts at Worcester, is it to early to replace Pivetta?

Its still early but what changes need to be made for the 6-7 Red Sox? I remember reading this spring about how confident Dalbec was about fixing his flaws yet he's floundering at .175. Seabold has had 3 good starts at Worcester, is it to early to replace Pivetta?
Pitching pitching pitching. More pitching.

Still way too early for any serious handwringing. Those Bruins, on the other hand ...

Last edited:
Go easy now

OK then. How 'bout them Celtics! :)

Back to the Sox: getting out of the cold weather will help. And despite how meager they've looked offensively they are one of only two teams in the division with a positive run differential. The bats will kick into gear; as I said, too early for serious handwringing.

Last edited:
OK then. How 'bout them Celtics! :)

Back to the Sox: getting out of the cold weather will help. And despite how meager they've looked offensively they are one of only two teams in the division with a positive run differential. The bats will kick into gear; as I said, too early for serious handwringing.

OFC it's far too early for any sort of hand wringing. But when has that ever stopped Sox fans?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back