PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

Stingley was worse because it gave the Jets the better CB.
I knew Gardner was good but his stats blew me away. Never allowed a TD and didnt allow a receiver over 13 yards in his final season. That’s impressive considering he never got burned from a switch off to the safety either where it would of counted against his yards allowed.

Who would have thought that with so many ptp defensive players available at 21 we trade back and pick a G
No love for J.J., Elam booth hill karlaftis Dean lloyd or Walker ?
Because „they don’t last much longer“ as well

Especially the thing with the mason trade makes it even worse imo

What if the Patriots traded back for someone they project as the future LT? I mentioned in the Cole Strange thread. Strange has almost identical height/weight as Matt Light but is more athletic. I only stumbled upon this last night after listening to Matt Groh talk..

@BaconGrundleCandy, Do you have a best available PTP at positions of need? I would love for them to make all three of these fourth round picks, possibly using one of the sixth round picks to move up. They still have plenty of needs that have to be filled.

I would love another cornerback (Woolen, Jones, Jack, McCollum), a big fatty IDL (?Farrell), a pass-catching running back (still think that Williams would be a great fit, despite his poor 40). OT, Edge and possibly IDL as well. I doubt that they will draft another WR. I just don’t see where they have the roster space, unless I have plans to move on from Agholor. Apologies if this is already listed somewhere.

I would also like them to draft Smoke Monday, just for that Hall of Fame name. :)

@BaconGrundleCandy, Do you have a best available PTP at positions of need? I would love for them to make all three of these fourth round picks, possibly using one of the sixth round picks to move up. They still have plenty of needs that have to be filled.

I would love another cornerback (Woolen, Jones, Jack, McCollum), a big fatty IDL (?Farrell), a pass-catching running back (still think that Williams would be a great fit, despite his poor 40). OT, Edge and possibly IDL as well. I doubt that they will draft another WR. I just don’t see where they have the roster space, unless I have plans to move on from Agholor. Apologies if this is already listed somewhere.

I would also like them to draft Smoke Monday, just for that Hall of Fame name. :)
No worries here's the sheet I made up

2/3 with two coming up. Told myself I want 5, I'll be happy with 4.
I downloaded your last sheet posted before the draft and this is what you had at CB. Did you update it again and I missed it?

CB
ANDREW BOOTH
TRENT MCDUFFIE
KYLER GORDON
ROGER MCCREARY
ALONTAE TAYLOR
ZYON MCCOLLUM
CAM TAYLOR-BRITT
JALYN ARMOUR-DAVIS
CHASE LUCAS
CHRIS STEELE
AKAYLEB EVANS
JOSHUA WILLIAMS

I downloaded your last sheet posted before the draft and this is what you had at CB. Did you update it again and I missed it?

CB
ANDREW BOOTH
TRENT MCDUFFIE
KYLER GORDON
ROGER MCCREARY
ALONTAE TAYLOR
ZYON MCCOLLUM
CAM TAYLOR-BRITT
JALYN ARMOUR-DAVIS
CHASE LUCAS
CHRIS STEELE
AKAYLEB EVANS
JOSHUA WILLIAMS
Yea I tweaked it up until about 8, first few picks tbh. Steele and Jones were late adds. Devin Lloyd too. Was thinking about Jack Jones too but didn't buy his visits. Thought more smoke than fire.

*edit*
I think mentioned this yesterday. Was scrambling a bit last minute trying to make last minute changes. Think I said F it around top 5.

Double edit lol
I took Evans off even though I thought he was PTP material. Thought he was a great fit. This might sound dumb but we haven't drafted a ton of guys his size. We love the smaller fiesty guys with big athletic traits.

Last edited:
What if the Patriots traded back for someone they project as the future LT? I mentioned in the Cole Strange thread. Strange has almost identical height/weight as Matt Light but is more athletic. I only stumbled upon this last night after listening to Matt Groh talk..
THis would change my mind completely

3/4, Strong was RB3 or 4 on the PTP board I believe.

From 2020 ...

Bailey Zeppe is fun for a while. Sneaky accuracy & mobility but against 11 NFL players every week? Really crafty with getting the ball from A to B. He's really heady, can anticipate a little. Not afraid of anyone just think physical limitations might be too much. Coached by former Kingsbury guy. Late round/6-7th - udfa type.

I think if you like Trask you have to like Mac Jones? Better arm, mobility & pocket awareness but Trask will still have plenty of buyers imo. Like I would use the word "sneaky" to describe both arms. Both guys had an uphill climb and nothing handed to them. Jones was the apparent at Bama but he knew his role when Tua/Hurts were there. I think both will be on the Pats radar. Jones maybe day 2. Trask late 2, day 3, depending on how much they like him. Both coming from pro styles with lots of hype and talent so I think both go top 75-90. Each check boxes we like imo. I could see. Actually been on the Trask to NE thought process for a minute.

This QB is super interesting bc of all the young guys. 21 or 22 classes looked pretty good. I think we get 5-6 big time QB's from those two.

From 2020 ...

Bailey Zeppe is fun for a while. Sneaky accuracy & mobility but against 11 NFL players every week? Really crafty with getting the ball from A to B. He's really heady, can anticipate a little. Not afraid of anyone just think physical limitations might be too much. Coached by former Kingsbury guy. Late round/6-7th - udfa type.

I think if you like Trask you have to like Mac Jones? Better arm, mobility & pocket awareness but Trask will still have plenty of buyers imo. Like I would use the word "sneaky" to describe both arms. Both guys had an uphill climb and nothing handed to them. Jones was the apparent at Bama but he knew his role when Tua/Hurts were there. I think both will be on the Pats radar. Jones maybe day 2. Trask late 2, day 3, depending on how much they like him. Both coming from pro styles with lots of hype and talent so I think both go top 75-90. Each check boxes we like imo. I could see. Actually been on the Trask to NE thought process for a minute.

This QB is super interesting bc of all the young guys. 21 or 22 classes looked pretty good. I think we get 5-6 big time QB's from those two.
Your at 4

no dt de or outside cb on the first two days of the draft is a big mistake imo
i can't really say i'm happy with our draft it's more a we did ok but could have done a lot better

No DT or DE is an issue for me too, but maybe Hicks and Flowers get signed and all is better than 2 rookies. We have 8 picks in 2023 and it has to be OT and D because we have everything else.

Look at Hill's Combine Stats - he is bigger, much quicker (3cone as quick as Edelman), and as fast (4.3 40) as the top CBs, and he played CB on the outside and inside at MI. Hill can slide back to FS when DMac leaves and we can draft another CB. Don't forget that DMac was an AllPro outside CB in his 1st season, and Dax Hill is more athletic than DMac.
You speak much knowledge. Too bad you weren’t heard by some.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back