PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Patriots Roster Cut Down Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has never been the point and never will be. It's the bizarre non-stop whining the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over..................................................................................
Yeah Zuma, he's a one of the "not so good posters"

In hindsight, I think we can all agree that was exactly what happened and that is fine to call out.
Dunno. Deus states facts "played in a monsoon," and then states an opinion "better-than-deserved record."

With those same facts, "the Bills played in the same Monsoon and didn't win" or "injuries happen in the NFL and the better teams win with their depth," another fan could come up with a different opinion. They're just opinions and the optimistic ones and the pessimistic ones are both ok on a fan board in my opinion.

What bothers me is not the pessimistic opinions, but when they treat their opinions as fact, "Mac will never be elite" or "The Pats are going 0-5 to start the season."

Um, can't we just see what happens?

This has never been the point and never will be. It's the bizarre non-stop whining the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over..................................................................................
fair enough and noted

Dunno. Deus states facts "played in a monsoon," and then states an opinion "better-than-deserved record."

With those same facts, "the Bills played in the same Monsoon and didn't win" or "injuries happen in the NFL and the better teams win with their depth," another fan could come up with a different opinion. They're just opinions and the optimistic ones and the pessimistic ones are both ok on a fan board in my opinion.
It's not the specifics of what he said I have the issue with. He's cherry-picking perceived examples of why they started 9-4 and finished 10-8. We may debate/disagree with the how and why but going 1-4 over their last 5 happened and that is why this board is here.

It's his other BS that has no place here IMO.

What bothers me is not the pessimistic opinions, but when they treat their opinions as fact, "Mac will never be elite" or "The Pats are going 0-5 to start the season."

Yea the hot take negativity drives me nuts.

fair enough and noted
I don't usually post, but read patsfans every day, all year round. I don't mind the different viewpoints and opinions between those who are more skeptical and those who are more optimistic - what I really don't enjoy are those who main goal in posting is pointing out the "mistakes" in other posters' posts. To give an example using someone who is often noted in these discussions, when I first noticed Deus' posts several years ago, I thought he was just more of a skeptic and wondered if he was Felger ;-).

When Brady left and since then, I think the amount of actual analysis in his posts totally dropped and his posts were no longer worth reading, since all he had to say was that anyone who disagreed with his views was absolutely wrong. So, for the first time, I figured out how to use the ignore feature. Never thought I would do that - I usually like to see both sides of an argument among passionate fans, but my conclusion was that Deus no longer was a fan of the team, and so his posts were not worth it for me to read. I really enjoy everyone's passion and sometimes I learn something or am challenged on my opinions by reading posts. The more focused this forum becomes on attacking other posters, the less enjoyable it is to visit.

The Patriots were by far the best team in the league last season when healthy. It's not even close. They were absolutely bullying some of the best teams in the league, including the #1 seed. Injuries are literally the only thing that were able to stop this dominant squad in 2021. The team was forced into playing its entire practice squad against Buffalo.

Now that that's settled, we can move the discussion back on topic.
Are you for real? Your comments are so far over the top that they seem satirical. You're actually mocking here, right?

Yeah Zuma, he's a one of the "not so good posters"
I'm curious about the criteria to be a "good poster" on this forum? Reaction score and points. Is there one or does it just come down to personal opinion? I'm pretty sure too that there's no such thing as a consensus good poster.

Back on topic... can anyone explain why Brenden Schooler is on an NFL roster?

I'm curious about the criteria to be a "good poster" on this forum? Reaction score and points. Is there one or does it just come down to personal opinion? I'm pretty sure too that there's no such thing as a consensus good poster.
The criteria is how much money you have (more money = better poster). I happen to have $1000000000000.

Back on topic... can anyone explain why Brenden Schooler is on an NFL roster?
He's good at special teams and younger (and therefore cheaper) than the rest of the core special teamers.

Are you for real? Your comments are so far over the top that they seem satirical. You're actually mocking here, right?

Not at all. The team should have been 12-1 in its first 13 games if not for one-in-a-million type flukes. Unfortunately, injuries completely derailed the season from then on.

Let me put it this way - when healthy, the 2021 team was better than the 2018 team that ended up winning a Super Bowl.

The 2021 team, when healthy, had:

-Much better QB play by virtue of having vastly superior talent at the QB position
-Better defense
-Better running game

If the team can stay healthy in 2022, I don't see a single team out there who can challenge us.

This is just not true. Mason's cap number was about $7.8 mil, his current dead money cap hit is $3.1 and Strange's cap hit for this year is $2.2 so the difference is only about 2 mil. Minus wasting a first round pick on a third round talent.
3rd Rd talent?
Where do people come up with this stuff?

The narrative that fans on this forum who point out problems, issues or concerns are "not fans" and should go root for another team is simply not true and threatening them with suspension seems over the top.

I will readily admit...we have been spoiled rotten during the Brady years. Our fan base is not entitled to a winning team and championship caliber team every year. I admire the fans on this forum who always can see the glass half full and are always supporting the patriots including BB and the front office.

If we restricted comments to only upbeat glass half full views the forum would get very boring very quickly. What sets apart Boston fans from other fanbases is critical thinking.

I think that us "negative Nancies" could learn to temper what seems as complaining or whining
I also think the homers could be a bit more open to glass half empty comments and not try to run them off the board.

I have accepted that we are NOT entitled to a great team every year, I will continue to root hard for the Pats every game and they will always be my favorite team. I will not be shy about discussing when the highly paid professionals that make up the front office, coaches or players are not performing up to expectations and suggestions for improvement.
That comes with being paid millions of dollars to play a kids game.
Pointing out a problem, issue or concern is fine. But we all know that a not what happens. What happens is:
Trashing the team endlessly

Protecting what if they suck and concluding that means X,Y,Z (example BB has had 1 losing season in 20 and there are rampant posts about how can we put up with him having 3-5 straight losing seasons)

Taking innocuous statements and trying to use them to create a negative narrative (ie BB is asked if as the NFL is now is the first few games an extension of preseason and people post that bb doesn’t think the first 4 games matter)

Constant negativity and harping on criticism, real or invented.

About 60% of the posts written in this board by fans of the team are similar to what you would see a fan of an opposing team say, coming here to trash talk. We don’t need opponent fans to trash talk the board or rip the team, our own fans do that.

It has gotten completely out of control. If you came here not knowing what this board was you would think it was an effort to belittle, trash, and condemn the Patriots and everything about them.
This board is diminishing my enjoyment of being a fan of this team these days.

When we were 9-4 last season, could/should really have been 12 - 1. Isn't it funny how all the wins are lucky, but all the defeats are fully deserved.
1st Miami (DHarris Fumble), Bucs (batted down 3rd down pass last drive), and Cowboys (OT didn't throw to open man on 3rd and 3 at NE46) could've easily been wins (almost lost to the Texans, though - ouch). The big kick in the nads was the Agholor injury during the Colts game (even though we were already down big). That was the point where the "luck" was reversed, and Pats had injuries/illnesses that they couldn't overcome (like Judon looking like absolute crap during 2nd Buffalo game then next day he's (and Bentley - don't remember if he played like crap) put on Covid list).

It’s a ridiculous take. The team win 10 games but didn’t win 7 so therefore the 7 losses prove they didn’t deserve the 10 wins.

Doesn't add anything to the forum, a "one trick pony", trolls all the time to get a reaction, you should know this though ;)

If there is one thing that Chiefs Planet gets right it's how they handle the non-fans who misbehave and those posters who insult fans.

Basically mods identify non-fans and are sent to what is called the "Romper Room".

After a period of time they are re-evaluated and if good behavior is demonstrated they are allowed back in the main forum.

I really think we are this point on this board. Way too many bad actors here.

IMO, the Tampa subforum is a huge issue. I know it's titled the "Tom Brady" forum, but it's effectively a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan-forum living within a subforum on a Patriots' fan-forum. Yeah, try to make sense of that.

The best solution from my perspective? Get rid of the Brady/Tampa subforum altogether; if relevant news re: Brady comes up, it can be posted in the main forum as OT or "Brady". Ideally those threads shouldn't involve BB/Brady sh*t-slinging. And then, after Brady really retires, create an "In Honor of" megathread on the main forum that also has a zero tolerance policy for BB/Brady nonsense.

Last edited:
Thought we had some more news or discussion about the roster going on here. Instead I had to read 3 pages or so, confused as hell about what everyone is talking about. We have tools on this board that you can use if people irritate you that much. Use ‘em. Let’s get back to talking about the team and not about individual posters.

IMO, the Tampa subforum is a huge issue. I know it's titled the "Tom Brady" forum, but it's effectively a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan-forum living within a subforum on a Patriots' fan-forum. Yeah, try to make sense of that.

The best solution from my perspective? Get rid of the Brady/Tampa subforum altogether; if relevant news re: Brady comes up, it can be posted in the main forum as OT or "Brady". Ideally those threads shouldn't involve BB/Brady sh*t-slinging. And then, after Brady really retires, create an "In Honor of" megathread on the main forum that also has a zero tolerance BB/Brady nonsense policy.
I dunno. I guess I don't have an issue with the Tompa Bay crowd having their forum but do have an issue with the, "I Miss Tom and Things Suck So Now All I'll do is Whine" crowd.

I love the Patriots and many consider me an eternal optimist, but I have to say, I think you have me beat. lol

I love your positivity, but if I'm being fair, I don't think we're even the best team in our division.

Don't worry about Buffalo. This is a franchise drenched in the stench of losing. They've never won anything of consequence, and never will. When the two teams were at their healthiest, the Patriots broke their will in their own building.

Last season was supposed to be their year. The path was paved for them with a weak AFC, an injury-decimated Patriots dynasty, and they were regarded by many analysts as the "best team in the league." They only finished 1 game ahead of us.

The Buffalo Bills will not be challenging us this season. The only team the Bills will be challenging is the Buffalo Sabres, to see which one of these two losers will be without a championship the longest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes