PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

The story going into the Vikings game is the status of Dave Andrews. His replacement is simply too poor a player to get it done game in and game out.

I don’t like the Ferentz-Harrison Phillips matchup from the Patriots perspective.

He admits he was fat and didn’t try hard when he was with the Pats. His head is now screwed on tight, and he takes personal responsibility.

The opposite of I Wynn.

UDATE: This is article where Jermaine Eluemunor admits he was “dogging” it and was overweight in Baltimore and New England.

I thought that Bill paid Way too much for Elmanure at the time; I wouldn't have given Bawlmore even one tick higher than the 6th-rounders he spent on Kory Cunningham the very same day & on Russell Bodine two days later.

The story going into the Vikings game is the status of Dave Andrews. His replacement is simply too poor a player to get it done game in and game out.

I don’t like the Ferentz-Harrison Phillips matchup from the Patriots perspective.

I don't like Four Fifths of the matchups along this offensive OL.

The first one was a screen play and Stevenson was open in the flat. No idea why the rush surprised Mac when he knew the OL would release the DL.
Not saying he was perfect. But there were a few where the rush was so quick he had no hope

Not saying he was perfect. But there were a few where the rush was so quick he had no hope

Yes, on the first play of the game I thought the pass rush was so quick he had no hope, but it was a screen pass so the OL had pulled and released guys. Usually on a screen play the QB will backpedal a few steps as they release to the RB, but Mac didn't. Not sure why, but I assume Mac screwed up. There is no way to ever know completely without Mac's input, and I am a Mac supporter, but it sure looks like Mac is still struggling to understand how to move around the pocket.

The OL played great against the Vikings given the talent there. The only thing that stood out negatively was Trent Brown’s whiff on the cut block.

What do you think?

The OL played great against the Vikings given the talent there. The only thing that stood out negatively was Trent Brown’s whiff on the cut block.

What do you think?

It wasn’t the complete catastrophe I had feared, though they still didn’t provide enough push in our feckless, feeble running “attack”(snicker)… Thanksdad still ****ing Sucks too.

PFF (take it for what it’s worth) had no problem identifying the problems on offense before the game started (aside from the choke-ass play-calling), and they are: our QB & 4/5ths of our OL… Still is.

It wasn’t the complete catastrophe I had feared, though they still didn’t provide enough push in our feckless, feeble running “attack”(snicker)… Thanksdad still ****ing Sucks too.

PFF (take it for what it’s worth) had no problem identifying the problems on offense before the game (aside from the choke-ass play-calling), and they are: our QB & 4/5ths of our OL.
Anyone who watched that game and blames the QB for the loss on a night where he goes 28-39, 382 yards, 2 TDs (really 3, except NFLNY stole one), no int, then I don’t know what to say.

Anyone who watched that game and blames the QB for the loss on a night where he goes 28-39, 382 yards, 2 TDs (really 3, except NFLNY stole one), no int, then I don’t know what to say.
This is the OL thread

It was better than the past few weeks. Mac had more time and was able to go through his reads.

But not sure why Trent brown decided to dive (and miss) on that either 3rd down that resulted in a free runner at mac rather than just idk...block.

It was better than the past few weeks. Mac had more time and was able to go through his reads.

But not sure why Trent brown decided to dive (and miss) on that either 3rd down that resulted in a free runner at mac rather than just idk...block.
We should admit, as the analysts did, that the OL was playing very, very well.

Given who had out there., that was a hug surprise. Yes, Brown made a mistake; but that should be considered against a night of good work.
==================
Just BTW,
the game plan and play calling were very good, and put the players out there in good positions to succeed. Yes, the OL looked great. They really weren't. They just were very good, more than good enough to protect Mac long enough for the called short and intermediate passes.

What do you think?
I thought the first half blocking was the best I’ve seen all year other than Ferentz letting the dt get too far upfield on that Bourne reverse. The run blocking in the first half was keeping backs from getting touched for at least a couple yards. In the second half those run lanes closed up but the pass blocking was still pretty good.

The offensive line was aided by some designed short passes imo, something that they should have been leaning on all year.

I have no idea why a coach would suggest a guy that big try and cut block. Trees that big take a long time to fall so it’s easy to evade a cut from someone that big on the end.

Our O-line played better against the Vikings. I think Cajuste deserves another chance against the Bills. Will help that there is no Miller to contend with. I think we go Brown/Strange/Andrews/Onwenu/Cajuste

It’s a game for Cajuste to show improvement. Can he be a serviceable nfl OT? I think so. With the right coaching.

It’s a game for Cajuste to show improvement. Can he be a serviceable nfl OT? I think so. With the right coaching.

I am not sure Cajuste's feet are quick enough to be anything more than a backup. We will see.

Last edited:
Looking forward to DVRing the replay on the NFLN so I can slo-mo the offensive snaps... One thing is clear as crystal already:

Trent Brown is No Longer a starting-caliber Left Tackle on a team that fancies itself a Legit Contender. Dude ****ing Sucks out there now.

At least when he’s sick.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back