PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

Will be interesting to see who starts at LT this week. Wynn played his first snaps at LT before twisting his ankle, with Trent benched for who knows what. Maybe it's time to rip off the band-aid and swap Wynn to LT and Brown to RT.

Doubt it happens this week... L/L probably won't dress at all...

Their best lineup is Brown, Strange, Andrews (Russey), Onwenu and Cajuste… at least from an athleticism standpoint.
Wozzy actually said this. And I agree.

I know the wheels came off after the two injuries. Cachoo was a turnstile and Ferentz can’t handle top tier NFL talent.

So we need better coaching for Cachoo and less loyalty to Ferentz so we get someone better in there.

I have faith in Kody Russey. People think he isn’t up to speed on the play book, which is the only thing Ferentz excels in. But we can’t have a guard always doubling down on the Vikings NT on run plays to bail out the overmatched Ferentz.

Luckily, the Vikings’ defense isn’t at the level of the Jets—but they’re better than many here are acknowledging. Hard nosed and high level effort instead of first-rounders with impact ability.

When the season is over and Bill is nursing a ****tail (libation) in Nantucket, he’ll mutter to no one in particular: “It was stupid to let Karras get away.”

First play of the Jets game he had Damien Harris in the flat and Hunter Henry right in front of him, five linemen trying to block 6 pass rushers. Mac has to know where his hot routes are and get it out. That sack is not on the linemen, it’s poor decision making by the QB.

Mac played his best game of 2022, he has incrementally improved over the last two games, he didn’t throw and INT for the first time this season… now two weeks. If a light switch goes off upstairs and he becomes the QB many of us suspect he would as a rookie, the Pats could surprise in the playoffs.

These two paragraphs seem to contradict each other: the second praises Corky's lack of turnovers (including INT-worthy throws) because of supposedly better decision-making; yet the very first play from scrimmage clearly demonstrates just how awful his decision-making still is.

When the season is over and Bill is nursing a ****tail (libation) in Nantucket, he’ll mutter to no one in particular: “It was stupid to let Karras get away without having an actual NFL-caliber Center ready to replace him.”

The part in which I took the liberty to finish is what really pisses me off: It's one matter to lose Mongo; every team loses at least one player they wished they could've kept, happens every year... But to lose somebody then do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER to replace him is just flat-out Negligence... Another fireable offense to add to the pyre...

These two paragraphs seem to contradict each other: the second praises Corky's lack of turnovers (including INT-worthy throws) because of supposedly better decision-making; yet the very first play from scrimmage clearly demonstrates just how awful his decision-making still is.
Taking a sack is better than throwing the ball to the other team. Pretty simple.

There was 1 sack, maybe 2, where it appeared Mac should've been able to step up in the pocket. Zappe is very good at that.

There was 1 sack, maybe 2, where it appeared Mac should've been able to step up in the pocket. Zappe is very good at that.
I've honestly been Mac Jones' biggest critic in regards to taking sacks/turning ball over. But it seems like most of them against NYJ he had absolutely no shot.

My preference for the O line.

Brown, Murray, Russey, Onwenu, Wynn.

Second choice swap the tackles.

If Wynn can't go, then back to Cajuste.

Murray over Strange. Hey, got to try something different. Can't play someone blocking downfield on a pass play on the first play of the game. He needs time to get his head on straight. Is Murray the best option. IDK, but Hines isn't available this week and I don't know anything about the other guard on PS, I didn't even remember his signing.

Russey similar to Murray but its time to put Ferentz back into break glass in case of in game injury.

Murray over Strange. Hey, got to try something different. Can't play someone blocking downfield on a pass play on the first play of the game. He needs time to get his head on straight. Is Murray the best option. IDK, but Hines isn't available this week and I don't know anything about the other guard on PS, I didn't even remember his signing.

Russey similar to Murray but its time to put Ferentz back into break glass in case of in game injury.

The Comedian's not an NFL player.

Neither is Thanksdad of course, but still...

And the Lose/Lose experiment at RT should be officially declared DOA.

When the season is over and Bill is nursing a ****tail (libation) in Nantucket, he’ll mutter to no one in particular: “It was stupid to let Karras get away.”
Why??!! He's extremely limited, he's bad for Cincy, and he costs starter's money.

I agree he's better than Ferentz.

Are you saying we should have paid him $6m per year to back up Andrews?

There were multiple players open and looking for the ball.
Often there was, hopefully he builds upon the last two games and improves. It happens with young QB’s all the time.

Russey is a superior athlete and really strong, Murray isn’t a superior athlete. But I agree if Andrews misses time long term they should put Ferentz back on the shelf.

With this offensive line , can we do anything on offense. How can we get our wide receivers some action.

With OLine being in such disarray, jet sweeps are probably not going to work . How can we get tyquan Thornton involved.

With short yardage should it be more of Meyers and Bourne in slot with screens to Jonnu , tyquan and Rham and Harris ?

I've honestly been Mac Jones' biggest critic in regards to taking sacks/turning ball over. But it seems like most of them against NYJ he had absolutely no shot.

The first one was a screen play and Stevenson was open in the flat. No idea why the rush surprised Mac when he knew the OL would release the DL.

I was watching the Raiders and noticed that Eluemunor was actually starting for the Raiders and compared to some of the OL play I have watched recently from the Pats, I didn't think he looked too bad. I thought he looked much worse with the Pats. That got me thinking about other players who looked at least okay when they were here and thought about Arlington Hambright. I actually thought he looked okay in training camp. I know the Pats just signed McDermott but at this point anything might help. I suggest bringing Hambright back. He can't look as bad as what they are seeing now.

I was watching the Raiders and noticed that Eluemunor was actually starting for the Raiders and compared to some of the OL play I have watched recently from the Pats, I didn't think he looked too bad. I thought he looked much worse with the Pats. That got me thinking about other players who looked at least okay when they were here and thought about Arlington Hambright. I actually thought he looked okay in training camp. I know the Pats just signed McDermott but at this point anything might help. I suggest bringing Hambright back. He can't look as bad as what they are seeing now.
He can be had, on the Colts practice squad

Cajuste is going to get better with reps. He's also in the best situation to improve by only needing to focus on his own play because he's next to quite possibly the best OL in the entire league in Onwenu. Now if Onwenu gets hurt -- I won't look at a TV until July.

I was watching the Raiders and noticed that Eluemunor was actually starting for the Raiders and compared to some of the OL play I have watched recently from the Pats, I didn't think he looked too bad. I thought he looked much worse with the Pats.
He admits he was fat and didn’t try hard when he was with the Pats. His head is now screwed on tight, and he takes personal responsibility.

The opposite of I Wynn.

UDATE: This is article where Jermaine Eluemunor admits he was “dogging” it and was overweight in Baltimore and New England.

Last edited:

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back