PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFL Draft, Who is YOUR GUY ?

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Last year, I desperately wanted the Pats to draft Mac Jones at #15. He was THE GUY. I didn’t want anyone else, I wanted them to draft Mac. And when it happened I let out a guttural scream of happiness (watching YouTube, I wasn’t the only one, though there were some negative reaction videos).

This year, I’m in the minority, I want explosive weapons for Mac. If you look at other QBs who are good, they all have explosive weapons, or at the very least, several good weapons. So my guy this year is WR Chris Olave, Ohio State. It’s quite possible he won’t be there at #21, but if he is, that’s who I want.

He’s a great route runner with great hands, and excellent speed (4.39 at the combine). I think he would be a perfect receiver for the Pat’s offense, and a perfect match for Mac Jones. He’s 6’1” so he’s not tiny, about 190 pounds, so not Devonta Smith thin. I look at him as a poor man’s Devonta Smith. He also reminds me, for you old school guys, as a bigger Lynn Swan because he has great body control in the air.

Who is YOUR GUY ? Please, for this thread, only name YOUR favorite guy for the Pats to draft in 2022. Not a top 5, I’m only interested in hearing who your top guy is and why.

Jordan Davis would be the compliment I'm looking for to pair with Barmore. I would be ecstatic if he falls or Bill trades up a bit to get him. I expect Barmore to take a leap and be a starter this year.

Trent McDuffie

I'm going with Davis, and would even be okay with a trade-up for him. I understand the risks involved, and the notion that he's a 2-down player.

Cornerbacks always seem like a crap shoot to me - maybe Stingley will be there, and he seems to have the goods, for sure...but he also has chased some injuries, right?

WRs...same. I think they're wildly overvalued right now. Wouldn't mind a Williams or such, but even with the few big hits of the last few years, there are more misses than hits.

LB...maybe Lloyd or Dean or...question marks with all of them. Same with edge. The Pats have guys IN HOUSE who should be able to get those jobs done.

For all of the above, and the OL, there are a half-dozen/dozen possibilities who might work out.

With Davis, there's...Davis. And maybe...maybe, Jones.

Jameson williams
Channing Tindall
Kyler Gordon
Danny Gray

Last year, I desperately wanted the Pats to draft Mac Jones at #15. He was THE GUY. I didn’t want anyone else, I wanted them to draft Mac. And when it happened I let out a guttural scream of happiness (watching YouTube, I wasn’t the only one, though there were some negative reaction videos).

This year, I’m in the minority, I want explosive weapons for Mac. If you look at other QBs who are good, they all have explosive weapons, or at the very least, several good weapons. So my guy this year is WR Chris Olave, Ohio State. It’s quite possible he won’t be there at #21, but if he is, that’s who I want.

He’s a great route runner with great hands, and excellent speed (4.39 at the combine). I think he would be a perfect receiver for the Pat’s offense, and a perfect match for Mac Jones. He’s 6’1” so he’s not tiny, about 190 pounds, so not Devonta Smith thin. I look at him as a poor man’s Devonta Smith. He also reminds me, for you old school guys, as a bigger Lynn Swan because he has great body control in the air.

Who is YOUR GUY ? Please, for this thread, only name YOUR favorite guy for the Pats to draft in 2022. Not a top 5, I’m only interested in hearing who your top guy is and why.
I've actually warmed up to Olave as a 1st RD pick. Tied for WR3 with Jameson. Never killed it in college but very consistent and I think he'll be the same exact guy next level. He is who he is but he'll be that guy in the pros. Comes from a complex system at OSU. Not my first choice but he's safe as hell. Will come in right away, produce and won't be a problem. All of a sudden Parker, Olave, Bourne, Henry, Meyers, Agholor isn't bad at all.

I'll say Dax Hill since he hasn't been mentioned

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back