PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFC & AFC Championship pregame thread

I doubt he was acting. I think he just got treatment for his ankle this week and it looks like it helped. Maybe they put him in a special chamber or something.
Whatever they did he looks fine

This is a game Patty Mahomes has to win. However, if they don't, the media will have his back unlike Tom back in 2007 when nobody made any mention of his high ankle sprain after Super Bowl 42's loss. They story was how the Giants held them to 14 points.

Poor Tom. Nobody ever gave him any respect. Eye roll

This is a game Patty Mahomes has to win. However, if they don't, the media will have his back unlike Tom back in 2007 when nobody made any mention of his high ankle sprain after Super Bowl 42's loss. They story was how the Giants held them to 14 points.
High ankle sprain or not that was the main takeaway.
The 2007 Patriots was the greatest offense/team in history. Just picked the worst day to play their worst game

he led two scoring drives that game. The truth is the Pats were not playing well offensively throughout the 2007 playoffs.

he led two scoring drives that game. The truth is the Pats were not playing well offensively throughout the 2007 playoffs.
They were alright against JAX, but it was concerning the Chargers were playing well even before the ankle roll. Had Rivers sat and Volek played, we may have seen an upset that day.

Yeah, but instead he's practicing and you guys are milking it for him. The dude missed two games with a dislocated kneecap and no games otherwise. Including turf toe that required surgery after the season. I have never, nor has anyone else here, ever seen him act injured. And now we are comparing him to Ben?
im not comparing him to anyone... he should be practicing psychological warfare...

I cannot believe anyone here is that goddamn stupid to think this isn't a work. Yes he'll play. But he WILL be injured. High ankle sprains dont get better in a week. That is literally a fact. We have seen this exact same script before with Brady and Gronk before two separate Super Bowls! The lies that they were actually all fine, feeling better, false alarm, etc. It's bulls.hit. I gurantee you after the media portion of practice that Mahomes is taken off the field and back into whatever rehab he's doing.

Christ you people are stupid.

Bengals want this really badly as they lost the Super Bowl last year. It is so important to get back to some unfinished business.

Eagles will smoke either AFC team. Wanna see Mahomes or Burrow lose another SB?
Maybe Mahomes has the TO hyperbaric chamber?

I cannot believe anyone here is that goddamn stupid to think this isn't a work. Yes he'll play. But he WILL be injured. High ankle sprains dont get better in a week. That is literally a fact. We have seen this exact same script before with Brady and Gronk before two separate Super Bowls! The lies that they were actually all fine, feeling better, false alarm, etc. It's bulls.hit. I gurantee you after the media portion of practice that Mahomes is taken off the field and back into whatever rehab he's doing.

My conspiracy theory is that he doesn't have a high ankle sprain.

if Mahomes loses this weekend or the Super Bowl you know damn well it will be “they only beat him because he was injured”

we still hear from his fanboys about the toe being the only reason he lost the SB

I didn't really hate Mahomes personally until last game. I thought he was too dramatic with unnecessary highlight reel throws (to the detriment of the team) and had Favre choke tendencies, but I also thought he was a good leader. However, after watching that Big Ben impersonation, limping around and crying, then being absolutely fine during the actual game action, I've gone from a moderate dislike to actively hating him. Whatever his teammates say, I'm skeptical that someone with that type of personality can really be a good, unselfish teammate and a leader without it really being all about personal glory. I didn't like Manning and questioned his leadership, but I don't recall anything like the laughable "look-at-me" drama show like the one I saw on Saturday. I think combined with his "that's too easy, I'm gonna show em a real highlight throw" we have all the makings of the next prima dona douche superstar.
Couldn’t say it any better. Favre and Big Ben are the two quarterbacks who come to mind with him. I started off not caring for him and just being annoyed by the constant GOAT talk. Now I actively can’t stand him. I would love to see to see him lose in humiliating fashion like has the last two postseasons.

if Mahomes loses this weekend or the Super Bowl you know damn well it will be “they only beat him because he was injured”

we still hear from his fanboys about the toe being the only reason he lost the SB
You mentioned the toe excuse that is still brought up. My favorite from that game is the OL excuse. Mahomes fans love bringing that up. They’ll have you believe it was the worst performance in NFL history. When it comes to the OL getting manhandled, there was almost zero difference between Super Bowl 42 and Super Bowl 55. Light, Mankins, Kaczur were getting destroyed. Can’t really remember about Koppen or Neal/Hochstein. The big difference was the quarterbacks. The Chiefs OL looked a lot worse to the casual fan because Mahomes was running around like a damn fool trying to make highlight plays instead of taking the snap and getting it out in 2-2.5 seconds. I believe @Ice_Ice_Brady and I brought this up shortly after the game was over back in 2021.

Isn't this situation the opposite of Brady and Gronk? In this case we're being told of an injury that obviously isn't as severe or may not even exist. In the other cases they were trying to hide injuries.

I remember a time years ago when Dr J was going in for a dunk and when he planted his right foot to take off his foot rolled over and his ankle hit the floor instead. It was grotesque to see but he was back for the next game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back