PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

I think Jordan Davis is a 1-2 down player in today's NFL. The league has changed significantly since we drafted Big Vince in 2004. I'm kinda hoping we can trade down from 21 to 32. Hope Detroit gets the hots for a qb. We get 32 and 34. I'd throw in a sweetener. Maybe a 4th. Though, would rather dump some salary. Agholar or Wynn. Would love to come out with Dotson and Gordon. The other cb from Cincy. Still have 2 and 3.
Maybe, Muma and OL.

Easily booth
Davis is a mistake this early in the first if he does not develop into a three down linemen , value just isn’t there for a two down run stopper , they can be found later in the draft or relative cheap to other positions,

I think if that’s what it comes too and we can’t make a trade back then I’d go booth. I’ve been watching some tape on him recently and I think he can become one of the better cbs in the class. He’s a good tackler and is willing to come down to help stop the run. I really like his upside.

Easily booth
Davis is a mistake this early in the first if he does not develop into a three down linemen , value just isn’t there for a two down run stopper , they can be found later in the draft or relative cheap to other positions,

Offenses can not double everybody.

If someone can command a double team, barmore would see much less double teams. He could cause serious havoc in the passing game if he was not double teamed so much.

The best way to get a favorable match up for barmore is by either getting an elite zero technique that can push the pocket or a stud 5 technique that rush the passer.

Ps: wise is not the guy. Wise can not find a qb even with military grade gps. Wise is at best the most overpaid backup defensive end in the nfl.

I haven't seen a ST draft thread or posts, so I thought I would just post this here....

Where do you think Araiza should be drafted? We save money if we move on from Bailey, and Araiza is the best P/K prospect in decades.

It may sound ridiculous, but is a 3rd too much to spend on a guy that can regularly flip field position like he does? Also a strong leg, with ok accuracy on FGs.

I think Jordan Davis is a 1-2 down player in today's NFL. The league has changed significantly since we drafted Big Vince in 2004. I'm kinda hoping we can trade down from 21 to 32. Hope Detroit gets the hots for a qb. We get 32 and 34. I'd throw in a sweetener. Maybe a 4th. Though, would rather dump some salary. Agholar or Wynn. Would love to come out with Dotson and Gordon. The other cb from Cincy. Still have 2 and 3.
Maybe, Muma and OL.
The thing about these type of players (if that's only what he is) is that when you don't see them on the field, that means they've done their job. Contrary to that opinion of him being a 1-2 down player, he has good ability to rush the passer, albeit with limited moves.

Not to sound patronizing, but in order to get to 4th down, we need to get to 3rd down first, then let guys like Judon and Barmore go nuts. I still think Davis could have something to add in those situations.

Pre combine mock draft:

Pick 21 - traded to Denver for picks 40, 75, and their first 5th rounder.

Pick 40 - cb Elam of Florida. Excellent in Press man. A little too grabby, but should start from day 1.

Pick 53 - de hall of Houston. The 5 technique we need opposite barmore. Good in the run game and can rush the passer.

Pick 75 - wr Robinson of Kentucky. Gadget receiver/runner with speed, decent hands and can get open in a phone booth.

Pick 85 - og sailer of Georgia. He played left tackle in college, but projects as at left guard in the pros. Monster run blocker.

Pick 123 - ot derliech if Arizona state. Excellent in pass protection , but needs some time to get bigger and stronger.

Fifth rounder - cb jones of Houston slot corner that is really short, but really quick. Plus an incredible special teams return guy. Bb will be drooling!

Sixth rounder - nt mccall of Kentucky. Monster two down run stuffer.

Sixth rounder - rb baddie of Missouri. Bruiser in case Stevenson gets hurt.
I like where you're going with this (getting extra picks in the top 100) but not sure I want to trade down that far. Detroit could be a match for a trade down.
Elam could play safety, ala DMac, if he can't cut it at CB.
Hall and Robinson are great fits.
Two OL maybe too much. We're only possibly losing Brown and Karras but have Onwenu and Herron in the wings. Wynn is only here for at least one more year so I see why you have concerns at that position.
Baddie (5'9 / 200) is not a bruiser like Stevenson. He's more like a thicker version of Dion Lewis. I really like that kid. He was THE offense for Mizzou. Really good receiver as well. He could drop to the sixth round because of his size. But he will be an NFL player as long as he stays healthy.

I haven't seen a ST draft thread or posts, so I thought I would just post this here....

Where do you think Araiza should be drafted? We save money if we move on from Bailey, and Araiza is the best P/K prospect in decades.
They can also save money by giving Bailey an extension; I'm not sure that drafting Araiza (or any other punter) is worth the investment (especially if they end up releasing Bailey rather than trading him).

That said, as far as Araiza goes, he has the pro of being left-footed, but the con of outkicking his coverage.

Been seeing a few mocks over the last several days that have Stingley Jr dropping to us at 21. Man would that be a dream come true.

I believe we might be forced to take a CB in first round as JC is not sticking with us.

So I decided to stick with our first rounder as elite talent is limited to top 30.

Screenshot_20220228-122009_Chrome.jpg

I still favour picking either CB or DL with first two picks , the order depends on who is still on the board. Next would be LB/OT/WR again depending on who is still there.

Cant work out how high a LB should be chosen. Sounds stupid I know and I dont want to go over old ground. I see Perkins/McGrone/Winovich/Uche/Jennings all on the team and for various reasons have not played that much. Do you still draft LB high to replace these guys or do they get another chance and we draft other positions ?

Mock 2.0 for me.

Not too many guys I'm sticking around for at #21. The approach here is to give the coaching staff (especially on defense) as many great athletes as possible to develop in order to try to find a couple game changers to replace our aging unit down the road. Offensively I prioritized pass catchers and OL but just didn't find much value on OL prospects early on. I think there is plenty of great prospects round 2-4 for the taking and have built it out this way. Now, saying all this we probably pick at #21 and prioritize completely different things because that's how it usually goes for me every year in regards to Pats draft.

Kyler Gordon - Think he fits the mold of what this team looks for in a corner. A program we've gone to before. Great athlete. I love KG.
Lewis Cine - I've come down on Cine a bit over the last month or so, but still think he's someone who this staff can develop. Worry about his size.
John Metchie III - Big fan favorite for Pats fans. Has worked with Mac. Keeps us away from a 1 Round WR again. Like his mental makeup/background quite a bit.
Boye Mafe - Think he's going to test really well. Gives us a project to work with down the road. Trust our staff as its currently built to develop a guy like this.
Christian Watson - Another WR here. Like the makeup. Like the ceiling.
Marcus Jones - ST and developmental slot guy. See how he runs. I think he fits our mold pretty well.
Luke Fortner - SEC center with tremendous leadership capability that will come in with a great mindset/hard work? Sign me up.
Jelani Woods - Developmental TE that is still learning the position. Take a flyer on a guy that could provide value down the road, especially as Big target.

1646082495790.png

Can't imagine the board will fall this way, but this is what I was able to gather in this mock draft with no trades. Unfortunately no LBs I felt good about when I went after them, but I like the DL and CB help I got. The receivers also look nice. I grabbed Araiza figuring they may cut Bailey to add to the cap.

1646088569875.png

Mock 2.0 for me.

Not too many guys I'm sticking around for at #21. The approach here is to give the coaching staff (especially on defense) as many great athletes as possible to develop in order to try to find a couple game changers to replace our aging unit down the road. Offensively I prioritized pass catchers and OL but just didn't find much value on OL prospects early on. I think there is plenty of great prospects round 2-4 for the taking and have built it out this way. Now, saying all this we probably pick at #21 and prioritize completely different things because that's how it usually goes for me every year in regards to Pats draft.

Kyler Gordon - Think he fits the mold of what this team looks for in a corner. A program we've gone to before. Great athlete. I love KG.
Lewis Cine - I've come down on Cine a bit over the last month or so, but still think he's someone who this staff can develop. Worry about his size.
John Metchie III - Big fan favorite for Pats fans. Has worked with Mac. Keeps us away from a 1 Round WR again. Like his mental makeup/background quite a bit.
Boye Mafe - Think he's going to test really well. Gives us a project to work with down the road. Trust our staff as its currently built to develop a guy like this.
Christian Watson - Another WR here. Like the makeup. Like the ceiling.
Marcus Jones - ST and developmental slot guy. See how he runs. I think he fits our mold pretty well.
Luke Fortner - SEC center with tremendous leadership capability that will come in with a great mindset/hard work? Sign me up.
Jelani Woods - Developmental TE that is still learning the position. Take a flyer on a guy that could provide value down the road, especially as Big target.

View attachment 41456

That is a great trade you came up with.

Easily booth
I watched some Booth highlights and, well, you have got to love this kid. He is quick and fiesty and hits really hard. He has hands like glue, but is not a lot of highlight films of him in coverage so I don't quite know about his coverage skills. Too many of the highlights showed him in soft zones coming up to make hard tackles; ok, this is good but can he cover? I think so.

The "problem" with guys like Booth is that CB is the most coveted position in the draft. There is a huge need for coverage CBs but not a lot to choose from so they get drafted really high....usually out of reach for the Patriots...and when the Patriots get around to drafting a CB in the second round, ugh.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back