PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

I'm not going to go into the picks themselves, but the strategy here involves Belichick trading down twice and trading up once:

21 for 37, 68, 2023 4 [HOU]
68, 2023 6 from CAR [Gilmore pick] for 64, 226 [DEN]
123 for 147, 199, 2023 7 [CAR]
I did not realize cutting Jake Bailey would save almost $4M and dead cap of $75.2
That's something. I'm a big Bailey fan, even with a down year for him (edit: it had a lot to do with a down year for the whole SP unit), but I'm ok with finding another punter if Bailey doesn't sign a team friendly deal.

f0260091e2426e8cffa02c4fcc9b7358.png

this would be awesome draft. I like the trading down for extra picks. Pick up FA like DJ Clark or Ridley and Patiots would be in good shape

No trades. Thoughts?

21. New England Patriots | Georgia DL Jordan Davis
If anyone knows the value of a dominant nose tackle, it’s Bill Belichick, who watched Vince Wilfork set the tone for his best units throughout the Patriots’ dynasty. Davis has the size, athleticism and power to make a similar impact for the Pats in this generation.
54. New England Patriots | Cincinnati CB Coby Bryant
85. New England Patriots | Wyoming LB Chad Muma

At the moment the NFL Mock draft Database is showing our pick 21 being used on.....

1) Devin Lloyd - LB
2) Kaiir Elam - CB
3) Chris Olave - WR

Scorching hot take from an alleged Pats fan:

Pre combine mock draft:

Pick 21 - traded to Denver for picks 40, 75, and their first 5th rounder.

Pick 40 - cb Elam of Florida. Excellent in Press man. A little too grabby, but should start from day 1.

Pick 53 - de hall of Houston. The 5 technique we need opposite barmore. Good in the run game and can rush the passer.

Pick 75 - wr Robinson of Kentucky. Gadget receiver/runner with speed, decent hands and can get open in a phone booth.

Pick 85 - og sailer of Georgia. He played left tackle in college, but projects as at left guard in the pros. Monster run blocker.

Pick 123 - ot derliech if Arizona state. Excellent in pass protection , but needs some time to get bigger and stronger.

Fifth rounder - cb jones of Houston slot corner that is really short, but really quick. Plus an incredible special teams return guy. Bb will be drooling!

Sixth rounder - nt mccall of Kentucky. Monster two down run stuffer.

Sixth rounder - rb baddie of Missouri. Bruiser in case Stevenson gets hurt.

4 rounder with trades :)
Screenshot_20220223-071304_Opera.jpg

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore