PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

Early mock with PFN
McGreary is drafted to be the outside cb on the other side of jc Jackson hopefully
Ebitekie because I think we could use another edge rusher , I expect wino could be traded
Travis Jones big NT with more athletic and pass rush moves than you would expect at 6‘4 and 330
Leo chenal is a HT/Bentley replacement at MLB , he is a big LB north south run stopper and dangerous blitzer, we would need to complement this with a sideline to sideline LB but if the D Line holds his ground I think we don’t need our LB to be all around 250.
and then just shot for WR competition

Attachments

• 49F620E5-23A1-4EE3-8981-740F7DA11877.png
    49F620E5-23A1-4EE3-8981-740F7DA11877.png
    280 KB · Views: 38
First crack today.
McCreary - Love the film and I think it'll be a spot the team needs to address early in the draft regardless of what happens with JC. Athletic and versatile. Sounds good to me.
Cine - Jumped out at me watching the last two playoff games. Gives us another athlete on the back end to use when needed against the teams we are going to need to beat in the playoffs.
Lindstrom - Maybe a bit early but I think he fits the team's mold. Looked for a tackle here, but we are going to need to keep building there regardless as deals expire and guys age.
Metchie - Think its unrealistic he's there in the fourth round but I'd take it!
CTB - As a Nebraska fan this is probably a bit on the homer side but I really like CTB late in the process. He's still learning the position but I think he has the athleticism and mental make up to be coached and succeed in NE.
Roberson - Did a lot of good things when healthy at SMU. I have no problem using a late round flyer there.
1642106711359.png

First crack today.
McCreary - Love the film and I think it'll be a spot the team needs to address early in the draft regardless of what happens with JC. Athletic and versatile. Sounds good to me.
Cine - Jumped out at me watching the last two playoff games. Gives us another athlete on the back end to use when needed against the teams we are going to need to beat in the playoffs.
Lindstrom - Maybe a bit early but I think he fits the team's mold. Looked for a tackle here, but we are going to need to keep building there regardless as deals expire and guys age.
Metchie - Think its unrealistic he's there in the fourth round but I'd take it!
CTB - As a Nebraska fan this is probably a bit on the homer side but I really like CTB late in the process. He's still learning the position but I think he has the athleticism and mental make up to be coached and succeed in NE.
Roberson - Did a lot of good things when healthy at SMU. I have no problem using a late round flyer there.
View attachment 39906

very nice draft! The cine pick really fills a need.

Looks like we have been confirmed as pick 21 in the first round of the draft

Would love Cine as an understudy to D Mac
He was electric this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we were very interested in a lot of these Georgia defenders. If the other night tells us anything, we need to add athletes in order to matchup better with teams like Buffalo. Guys like Cine allow us to do that and get younger at the same time.

View attachment 40067

Ideally i'd rather have Sauce Gardner but he went two picks before McDuffie.

John Metchie III , would be a great fit for us and also has played with Mac and had good chemistry, obviously his medicals will be key, but if they check out I'd love him in the second round range, he may even go into the 3rd round depending on how his medical goes.

Kirkland has great size and could even add some to his frame as well, currently 6'6 310. He could play LT or RT.

Beavers and Walker are for a pure athletic point of view, and also the value was to good to pass up in my opinion, plus they also fit our size type that we normally look for in LBs, but are more atheltic than our current guys. I.E HT, KVN, Bentley.

Munford was an auto pick so i wouldn't of taken him there.

Blankenship honestly just seems a solid safety rotation to bring in. He doesn't have the range that Dmac does, but could play in our cover 3 scheme but if we are looking for a more single high safety then we would be looking earlier rounds (Daxton Hill, Michigan)

Ealy, home run hitter. Get the guy with the ball in his hands and see what he can do. I'd love to see him take on the third down back role from Bolden/White, but it will depend on how he does in pass protection. His size may be an issue for that.

He was electric this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we were very interested in a lot of these Georgia defenders. If the other night tells us anything, we need to add athletes in order to matchup better with teams like Buffalo. Guys like Cine allow us to do that and get younger at the same time.
Very different player than D Mac, but seemingly pretty good

FD6D4154-C3CC-4AA0-82FC-CDC4A33D0CF8.jpeg

Early on this is my dream draft.

To me Booth is the clear #2 CB in this draft and he isn’t that far behind Stingley. I just love everything about his game. He is an alpha on the field and would pair perfectly with JC Jackson.

Harris gives us just what we are missing at LB’er. Speed, range, coverage ability and playmaking. He is one of the top coverage LBers in the draft and is also an excellent blitzer.

Pickens is the ideal fit at WR. He is a legitimate outside WR that could stretch the defense and make plays down the field. The offense was much better with Agholor on the field even though he didn’t produce a lot individually. Pickens could have an even bigger impact spreading out the defense, creating opportunities for other while also producing at a much higher rate. The flow on effects of adding a guy like Pickens greatly helps everyone.

Neil Farrell Jr is an SEC battle tested, run stuffing DL than can play NT or DE in a 3 man front. He might not be a sexy pick but he is excellent at stacking and shedding blocks, controlling gaps and clogging up running lanes. That is just what we need.

Butler is a special teams ace and versatile safety. He is one of the best special teamers in CFB so you know BB is going to love him.

22a7ae62106fafc22a6c635d2786935c.png

Love the value in the third with Metchie, pre acl i had him as a late 1st or 2nd rounder. Roberson is another great pick in the 4th.

These were 2 mocks that I liked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-092330_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-092330_Chrome.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 25
  • pff_mock_results (1).png
    pff_mock_results (1).png
    138.4 KB · Views: 25
Once the combine is over Wan'dale Robinson will not be available in the 3rd round. He's a playmaker through and through and will test off the charts (a little hyperbole).

What a mess of a draft. No CB's or FS's.

1642702105010.png

The talking heads on the radio here in Atlanta predicted that Davis will go to one of three teams in the first round of the draft. Chargers, Vikings or patriots.

Chargers will take NT Davis. RunD is their biggest issue.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back