PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alamo's Predict The Score 2022 Alamo's Predict the Score Contest: Week 8 - NE @ NYJ

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Post your predictions here for Week 8, New England Patriots at NY Jets

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest. Stakes are bragging rights.

*********** PLEASE NOTE THE SLIGHT CHANGE FOR THIS SEASON *********

******** Above the reply box is now an area to make your score prediction: ************

Here's an example of what it looks like:

1663094983358.png

You just slide the red markers and select your score, and then post your reply with your prediction and any additional comments in this thread so we can keep it the same way it always has been, with the exception of having you pick your score. This allows either me or @alamo to update the results much faster, ie: I've been posting the results within a day or two after the game :)

Getting back to the rules, as a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

SCORING:

Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION.
For example, if you predict Patriots 31 Bears 23 your score is how many points off of 31 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 23 the Bears are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff, which the window will close at that time and your selection will stand. Please keep this thread to predictions only (after you make the pick), no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment explaining your pick is OK and encouraged after you've made your selection.

Good Luck!

NE: 19
NYJ: 17

This one I think is a battle but they pull it out.

Pats 21
Jets 10

Pats 22
Jets 19

Jets 31

Patriots 13

Excuse me ... I need to go take a shower.

Greetings,
Patriots 23
Jets 27
Celticboy04

The Jets have won 4 in a row including most recently beating the Packers. After the egg we just laid against the Bears, much as I hate the Jets, I don't see us beating them on the road.

Jets 27
Patriots 16

Jets 24
NE 16

Team has no heart, Bears punched them in the face and never retaliated, sat there and took it over and over again.

Jets turnover our offense at least twice and run it down our throats. Sorry...our D line is light in the seat right now and our S/LB hybrids are getting muckle schmucked on simple gap runs. If BB determines he has to start and play Mac the entire game, this could get really ugly really quick. If he goes with Zappe the Jets will mimic the same defense the Bears used in the 2nd half.

27-17 Green Scum

Pats - 24
Jets - 20

Patriots 20
Disgusting Green Effluent 17

I'm surprised how many here are picking the Jete to win this game.

Last edited:
Patriots 23
Disgusting Green Effluent 20

you were at the Chicago game, right? their QB threw for 170 yards on 13/20 passing...and they blew us out.Our QB situation is at DefCon5...I can't reasonably see a way out at this point

Patriots 23
Disgusting Green Effluent 20

Get cable.

Jete 24
Patriots 17

I hate myself but not too much. Since I am ALWAYS WRONG, this should work out fine.

you were at the Chicago game, right? their QB threw for 170 yards on 13/20 passing...and they blew us out.Our QB situation is at DefCon5...I can't reasonably see a way out at this point
Get cable.

Jete 24
Patriots 17

I hate myself but not too much. Since I am ALWAYS WRONG, this should work out fine.

Here's the thing: New England is facing a conventional offense whose quarterback is playing poorly and top RB is done for the season. The Pats defense flummoxed Punky pretty thoroughly last year toward easy wins. The Jete defense is improved but if the Patriots can get Harris and Stevenson in gear with some semblance of ball control they should have the advantage. I see this game coming down to the Pats running game getting untracked.

Jests 26
Pats 16

Hope I’m wrong obviously….but this defense sucks…OL is so erratic….undisciplined team that makes mistakes and dumb penalties

Last edited:
Here's the thing: New England is facing a conventional offense whose quarterback is playing poorly and top RB is done for the season. The Pats defense flummoxed Punky pretty thoroughly last year toward easy wins. The Jete defense is improved but if the Patriots can get Harris and Stevenson in gear with some semblance of ball control they should have the advantage. I see this game coming down to the Pats running game getting untracked.
uh..what about the defense you just saw giving up 6 and 7 yards after hits BEHIND the line all night long? The Jets don't have to do much to win this game in their house. Our only chance IS our running game. Add to this quagmire, our punter is the WORST in the NFL this season.I'll feel better if Barmore and Guy suit up for this game but what we saw last night was horrible and the only reason it's not a big concern it seems is because of the absolute dumpster fire at the QB position.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back