PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022/2023 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread

Patriots trade:
21st overall

To KC for:
29th overall

please tell me we did

not draft cole strange in the first rd
This thread is for cataloguing moves. It's not meant for comments on the likes and dislikes. There are 3 OTHER threads for that.

Patriots trade:
#54 and #158

To KC for:

So when will they trade NKeal and end the misery, now that they drafted a WR?

Patriots trade :

To Carolina for:
Pick 137
Carolina 3rd round pick in 2023

5/2/2022

The Patriots have signed the following UDFA:
D'Eriq King - WR/QB
Kody Russey - OC/OG
Liam Shanahan - OL
Jake Julian - P
La'Bryan Ray - Edge
DeMarcus Mitchell - LB/DE
Brendan Schooler - DB
Devin Hafford - DB

Patriots have released:
Devine Ozigbo

Last edited:
Like the Julian signing...44 yd average during his college career...used to punting in cold weather.

D'Eriq King is another intriguing FA pick...Miami players are used to the spotlight and his versatility just may carve out a P.S. position IMO.

Shanahan is another smart FA pickup...size, good fundamentals, LSU/SEC experience...with big ?'s about the durability of our present starting tackles and the already known inadequacies of their backups, I can see Shanahan pushing for a roster spot/practice squad

Ray is worth a look but....Mitchell has a PS chance IMO. He won't be a good coverage LB but has the goods as an edge rusher. ST'er IMO

Schooler looks like a safety to me. Has good speed. May make a run at ST's?

I like the Pats FA picks...sensible.

Like the Julian signing...44 yd average during his college career...used to punting in cold weather.

D'Eriq King is another intriguing FA pick...Miami players are used to the spotlight and his versatility just may carve out a P.S. position IMO.

Shanahan is another smart FA pickup...size, good fundamentals, LSU/SEC experience...with big ?'s about the durability of our present starting tackles and the already known inadequacies of their backups, I can see Shanahan pushing for a roster spot/practice squad

Ray is worth a look but....Mitchell has a PS chance IMO. He won't be a good coverage LB but has the goods as an edge rusher. ST'er IMO

Schooler looks like a safety to me. Has good speed. May make a run at ST's?

I like the Pats FA picks...sensible.
Wrong thread, my friend.

Where do we post to celebrate Harry's release? Best news since this team made the playoffs.

5/5/2022:
Terez Hall released - Failed Physical.

Good.. He hurt the team more than he helped last year. Not as bad as Collins, but still bad overall.
What are the knocks on Van Noy? Because every time you turned around he was making a play. Going from memory.

What are the knocks on Van Noy? Because every time you turned around he was making a play. Going from memory.
Not to get too far off track ,but Van Noy sucked except for the 7 game streak where he did what he was told and didn't freelance. He was almost single-handedly responsible for the loss to Dallas because he left his man open to try and get to Prescott only to have Prescott float the ball over him for a huge 1st down conversion.. He did the same thing in the 1st loss to the Bills. Many people were saying that Van Noy should be cut after game 4 because he was stinking it up so badly.

It was honestly no different than in the 2nd half of 2019 when the defense fell apart. He was one of the main culprits and I was not sorry to see him go.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back